User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Sorry for not being able to tell you where I was...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, Charger!!

So nice to see you're on one crutch and getting up and down stairs!!

Charger, I did something stupid today.
    DH and I decorated the house today, put up the tree, and you can imagine he did all the heavy stuff, but stupid me, when I was putting ornaments on the tree, I was walking around with NO walker or cane and omg, that did my hamstrings, which are still hurting, no good at all!! If it wasn't for those, I would be able to step up and down on that stupid 4" step they have! I can only do 3" but that extra inch was a killer, stepping off with my good leg first, then off with my operated one!

You are doing so exceptionally well, Charger, so good for you!!! You've been through a lot, and thank heavens you beat that infection!!

You're WELL on the road to recovery and CUBA!!!

God bless and keep up the great 'work', Hon!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, @Lynn49 I was told to get back to two crutches when walking around the house, I need to be out to put weight on both legs equally before only walking around on 1 crutch. I, however, use only one crutch going up and down the stairs. Physio did me right in yesterday, and I am back there @ 8:30 tomorrow morning... My nurse should be here soon to give me my antibiotic through my PICC anytime now....

Lynn you need to stay on your walker or crutches till your hamstrings are tough enough.. We are going through identical things right now....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @Redneck Charger , yeppers, we seem to be on exactly the same page right now! Nice to have someone on this trip with me...lol...although that's not a very nice thing to say, is it? Wish you weren't going through it.

I'm really happy that you're not still wanting to "push the limits" and do more than you should; two crutches will help you continue to heal, otherwise you just keep injuring yourself. As for stairs, yes, absolutely one crutch. DH puts my walker up and down the 4 stairs we have when I need it and honestly, it sure takes the pressure off this leg when I use it!

Have they got you going up and down a 2", 3" or 4" step thingy, leading with your operated leg going up, your good leg going down, yet? I can do the 2" but oh, the pain when I have to step down with my 'good foot' then my operated one! The 4" is impossible. So for now, I've been told to take 2 weeks off, baby those hamstrings, yet continue to gently stretch them and exercise, but not to pain. I'm hoping for big progress in the next 2 weeks! I also have a pedal bike like they have at physio, so that helps keep my knee 'lubricated' as they say, so exercise doesn't feel so 'tight' when I start.

Exciting days, huh? Just be careful and do as you're told!! Atta boy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, and you need to do the same. Hard to be doing these things, it's like baby steps. I'm pretty good going up and down the stairs, love going downstairs because I love the feeling it makes my Killian tendon feel. Love the way it stretches it. Didn't have a great sleep last night, I think I try and do my exercises when I sleep, and I wake every hour...Anyhow, it's a new day for us both.. with new challenges... God Bless YOU!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear you've been going through hard times, I guess I was living under a rock!! I usually only check a few tabs, deals, brags, coupons and blog! I must have missed your posts!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Dan!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Yes, and you need to do the same. Hard to be doing these things, it's like baby steps. I'm pretty good going up and down the stairs, love going downstairs because I love the feeling it makes my Killian tendon feel. Love the way it stretches it. Didn't have a great sleep last night, I think I try and do my exercises when I sleep, and I wake every hour...Anyhow, it's a new day for us both.. with new challenges... God Bless YOU!
    @Redneck Charger, I can't even go down the 3" step at physio without excrutiating pain behind my knee on the inside, as if a tendon or some such is about to snap! I know intellectually it (probably) won't, but the pain is unbearable. It even hurts when I'm just sitting in the recliner. Heat/ice helps but what's the point, when I take the stuff off and it just goes back to hurting again? Seriously, I'm feeling pretty defeated these days...

I'm so happy for you, though, Charger! That trip is getting closer, and you have good reason to gt better! You're so right about baby steps...keep moving forward, Charger!!! And all the best, God bless...Lynn

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, Lynn... Well gave up on Physio this morning because of a snow storm. I will do my exercises today @ home. We both need to keep working at this, some days I feel like giving up, but then I get to so p1ssed with myself when it just doesn't seem to get better. As much as I hate seeing YOU in this kind of pain, I am glad I have you to beat this with, and we will one day, not sure when, but we will! God Bless Lynn!
    Mike

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Glad to hear you are progressing along.Don't be too hard on yourself and take it one day,hour,minute,whatever it has to be at a time.
    Continuing to remember you in thought and prayer.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy , Thank you very much, Buddy.... I just work at it a little harder every day... Prayer and Thoughts your way Buddy!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Hey, Lynn... Well gave up on Physio this morning because of a snow storm. I will do my exercises today @ home. We both need to keep working at this, some days I feel like giving up, but then I get to so p1ssed with myself when it just doesn't seem to get better. As much as I hate seeing YOU in this kind of pain, I am glad I have you to beat this with, and we will one day, not sure when, but we will! God Bless Lynn!
    Mike
    I can absolutely understand the "giving up" days that we have, then have to push through them. It's such a long journey, I'm afraid I set myself up for disappointment. I thought nothing could have been worse than having that break, 3 surgeries, plate, screws...I saw people coming and going with knee replacements while I was in physio for over a year, so I thought "piece of cake!" Couldn't be further from the truth.

Yes, it is nice to go through this with someone who understands the frustrations, the good and the bad days. I hope and pray that we'll have more good than bad. God bless you, too, Mike!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If my math is correct you are now over six weeks out of the hospital! I hope and pray that is still the case and that you are still taking life at a pace you can deal with.
    One day at a time Lord,One day at a time.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, @Redneck Charger !
    How are you doing, Hon??? I just read where Skippy said you're about 6 weeks out from your surgery...I'm 8 1/2 weeks out! Wow...closer than I thought we were...for different reasons but still, the recovery is pretty much the same.
    I hope you're doing well, attending physio, keeping everything moving along so that scar tissue doesn't take hold and prevent you from getting your full mobility back. But you're a trooper, so I'm guessing you may even be doing better than I am!!

Touch base when you can....God bless, Lynn

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hope you have a great weekend! Take it one day at a time!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, @Redneck Charger . I hope your absence this past week is simply that you've been busy with Christmassy stuff and that you're feeling better and healing every day.
    Thinking of you and wishing you well always...God bless.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I, too, have just been hoping you have been busy - but doing alright!

Hope you can touch base with us!

Thinking of you and praying for you daily.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information