• 4 Post By maple7
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By barbis9

Thread: Where to buy colourful winter sweaters?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm feeling so cold already and I need some warmer winter sweaters for work. I went to the mall and everything is

grey/beige/black/navy/dark red

or has shoulder cutouts/short sleeved/full of lace that doesn't keep you warm.

It seems like its too much to ask for bright colours and full covering

Has anyone seen bright coloured sweaters anywhere recently? I'm happy to order online but I'm not sure where to go.

I've been to these places in person or online and haven't found anything suitable: H&M, Old Navy, Gao, Uniqlo, Chateau, Forever 21, The Bay, Simons, Dynamite, Winners and a bunch of independent stores. Abercrombie/American Eagle are too young for me

Thanks for suggestions!
    This thread is currently associated with: Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Forever 21, H&M, Independent, Old Navy, The Bay, Winners
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Oct 24th, 2016 at 09:18 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions! I had forgotten that Sears existed ever since they closed their store in my area. That Joe Fresh and American Eagle ones are lovely! Never thought of Reitmans, haven't been there in a long time. You should be a personal shopper :D
    Natalka, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, it's that I can't resist a challenge - and I have the time!
    Ciel, macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I love sweater weather. I like long sweater dresses with tights comfy and cozy. I think most people tend to hide away in these winter months in blacks and greys. Found a few cute colours at the bay.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Oct 25th, 2016 at 06:33 AM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a guy I'd recommend Marks (for sweaters for men).

But holy cow, scrolling through this thread I was shocked at the prices for women's clothing!
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I say check out value village or a local second hand store. I really like bibles for missions in my area (I think it's Ontario?) they OFTEN have 50% off days! And their prices are already CHEAP I bought over 30 pieces for the whole family one day for $22! I like the challenge of searching for a unique treasure way cheaper. And I find I can find plain stuff which I like. Like plains tanks, t shirts and sweaters. Then I supplement at winners personally for fun stuff good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Marks for women as well. There is also Cleo and Northern Reflections.
    Last edited by maple7; Tue, Oct 25th, 2016 at 10:24 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I say check out value village or a local second hand store. I really like bibles for missions in my area (I think it's Ontario?) they OFTEN have 50% off days! And their prices are already CHEAP I bought over 30 pieces for the whole family one day for $22! I like the challenge of searching for a unique treasure way cheaper. And I find I can find plain stuff which I like. Like plains tanks, t shirts and sweaters. Then I supplement at winners personally for fun stuff good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Value Village could be a vital score in terms of older sweaters-not sure about colour but in terms of thicker knits. YMMV.
    I'd totally support looking at Men's knitwear for pullovers in Joe Fresh or Uniqlo. Muji does basics in greys/navy/neutrals.

http://www.uniqlo.com/inesfw/ca_en/

Since I just cut and pasted my items from the Sears Wish Book, there are two cardigans (likely too thin) to consider for colour.
    http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-...WF16-JE15-2531

Darn it looks as though the navy/magenta argyle cardigan is sold out in most sizes:
    http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-...WF16-JE15-2843

Run back to Uniqlo and see if there any Heattech thermal shirts you can wear under a sweater.
    http://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/products/women.html
    Also-have any old microfibre tights with runs? Cut the legs off to make a bicycle short length underwarmer. Wear them under pants. Your mid-section will thank you for keeping vital organs warm.
    macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Wish Book also shows a selection of Ugly Sweaters. The women's styles look like Santa's Elves or Mrs. Claus versions.
    I really like the boy's so called navy Fair Isle sweater. It looks like a true blue on the cover-want to see in a store! http://www.sears.ca/content/publicat...al_code=M5B2C3

Men's pullover-like that dark purple berry merino pullover. Only thing is that men are narrower in hips than women and the chest area might feel a bit baggy. Try different sizes-some JF sweaters have really long sleeves (have seen that reality in women's and men's knits):
    https://www.joefresh.com/us/Categori...eaters/c/20012

http://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/products/men.html
    I understand that goat cashmere is used in these sweaters. Uniqlo has a goat farm and is able to control material costs and offer those prices.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Oct 25th, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hmm, this Wayne Gretzky washable merino wool zip neck sweater (blue one) does not look like the same blue in the Wish Book on p.18 (which looked like a dark peacock blue): http://www.sears.ca/product/no99-way...MF16-WG15-1006

Totally would like my brother to buy Dad some new togs but they don't shop together. I might need to drop a list in Bro's hands. Dad lives in plaid shirts (a couple look nice enough but others make him look old) and navy and grey tones. Guy could use some pattern variety and wool sweaters. He wears a cap in the house to keep head warm.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mark's Work Wearhouse has a code for online orders-save $10 wus $50 or more (before taxes):
    use promo code "OCTOBERSAVINGS2016" online to save.
    Expires Oct. 31 (coupon/code was from two flyers ago)

Sears Wish Book orders: save 10% online only (Sept.29-Dec 31, 2016).
    10% off regular and sale priced women's, men's, kids' apparel and accessories, footwear, luggage, tags, toys, Christmas decor and gift baskets, window and bed&bath and furniture on sears.ca. Visit sears.ca and key in the coupon code WISH10 at checkout. Offer valid from Sept. 29 - Dec. 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET. Limit one coupon code per purchase: cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes items ending in .88, .94, .97, prestige cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery, patio furniture, mattresses and sleep sets, clearance items, webcode items as indicated in our flyers, Gift Card purchases, protection agreements, delivery, installation and maintenance charges. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid on catalogue phone orders or retail store purchases.
    macw1960, torontogal12 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i love the long sleeves , relax fit, mock neck sold by Lands End.....you have them in solid colors or prints...they are on sale sometimes .....i've been looking so long to find those kind of shirts , i bought 6 of them....
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    i love the long sleeves , relax fit, mock neck sold by Lands End.....you have them in solid colors or prints...they are on sale sometimes .....i've been looking so long to find those kind of shirts , i bought 6 of them....
    When I leafed through the Land's End catalogue (before recycling it), I was pleased to see their flannel nightwear-not in stores here.
    Mia001 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Giant tiger has some nice sweaters, and Costco too.
    princessjen likes this.

Thread Information