User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Remembrance Day 2016

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Posting this earlier than usual because of an event beginning today on Parliament Hill.

Virtual Poppy Drop

To commemorate the launch of the 2016 Legion Poppy Campaign, The Royal Canadian Legion’s Dominion Command will conduct a virtual Poppy Drop on Parliament Hill.

From October 28th to November 11th inclusive, between 6pm and 9pm, a virtual Poppy Drop of 117,000 Poppies (one for each of Canada’s Fallen), will be projected each night on the Peace Tower and Centre Block on Parliament Hill.

“The virtual Poppy Drop will be a stunning, large-scale reminder of the sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans, with the added significance of having that display on the Peace Tower and Centre Block of our Parliament Buildings,” says Royal Canadian Legion Dominion President, Dave Flannigan. In addition to cascading Poppies, there will be two video screens presenting the Legion’s Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance, a photo montage of Canadian Veterans who have served and sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today.

http://www.legion.ca/article/legion-...rliament-hill/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please, everyone, donate what you can, and please wear your Poppy... Show your respect... PLEASE!!!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Posting this earlier than usual because of an event beginning today on Parliament Hill.

Virtual Poppy Drop

To commemorate the launch of the 2016 Legion Poppy Campaign, The Royal Canadian Legion’s Dominion Command will conduct a virtual Poppy Drop on Parliament Hill.

From October 28th to November 11th inclusive, between 6pm and 9pm, a virtual Poppy Drop of 117,000 Poppies (one for each of Canada’s Fallen), will be projected each night on the Peace Tower and Centre Block on Parliament Hill.

“The virtual Poppy Drop will be a stunning, large-scale reminder of the sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans, with the added significance of having that display on the Peace Tower and Centre Block of our Parliament Buildings,” says Royal Canadian Legion Dominion President, Dave Flannigan. In addition to cascading Poppies, there will be two video screens presenting the Legion’s Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance, a photo montage of Canadian Veterans who have served and sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today.

http://www.legion.ca/article/legion-...rliament-hill/

That looks awesome...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Beautiful.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Royal Canadian Legion Dominion Command

Tonight only, Dominion Carillonneur, Dr. Andrea McCrady will play ‘The Last Post’ on the Peace Tower bells at 6pm right before the first Poppy falls.

RoyalCanadianLegion ‏@RoyalCdnLegion 3h3 hours ago

The Legion will be live streaming the launch of the 1st Virtual #PoppyDrop on our Facebook page @ 6PM! Watch online: https://www.facebook.com/CanadianLegion

Gosh, it's so cool... must be incredible to see in person!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Oct 28th, 2016 at 06:59 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Legion Announces Memorial (Silver) Cross Mother for 2016-17

Mrs. Fitzpatrick lost her middle son, Corporal Darren Fitzpatrick, when he stepped on an improvised explosive device while on patrol in the Zahari district, near Kandahar City on March 6, 2010.

Mrs. Fitzpatrick was born in New Westminster, BC and raised in Vanderhoof, BC. She now lives in Prince George, BC with her sons, grandchildren and her husband Jim of 32 years.

As the National Silver Cross Mother, Mrs. Fitzpatrick will place a wreath at the National War Memorial on 11 November 2016 on behalf of all Canadian mothers who have lost a son or a daughter in the military either in action or in the course of his/her normal duty. Throughout the year, she will also be called upon to perform other duties honouring the Fallen from all conflicts.

Cpl. Darren James Fitzpatrick, 21

Battle Group: ISAF (International Security Assistance Force)
    Regiment
    : Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

He joined the military in 2006 and proved to be an excellent shot while in basic training. "Fitz" deployed in October 2009 on his first operational tour of duty. Colleagues remember him as honest and straight-forward, a bit of a jokester who loved a good laugh. He was also known for his love of the outdoors, target shooting, archery, football and snowboarding

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    That looks awesome...
    Wow !!! It looks so awesome.. wonderful job !! Shows that we respect all our soldiers .. what they done for each and everyone us .. how they surely served their country so proudly .. God bless you all !!
    heartgirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Redneck Charger;6701311]Please, everyone, donate what you can, and please wear your Poppy... Show your respect... PLEASE

Thanks Redneck!! I always donate to poppy.. I wear my poppy ever year with pride and show my respect!! Thanks
    heartgirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I wear 2 poppies. 1-red for our vets and 1- purple for all the animals that were killed in action.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so lucky to work in a school that celebrates Remembrance Day. We invite local veterans for our ceremony. For the last few years I've been able to share my family history with the students. My great grandfather was in WW1 and I bring in his 2 medals and his death plaque for them to see and touch. I also mention the animals that received the Dicken's medal (Simon, the only cat to receive one)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Newfiescreech and heartgirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Some-one just sent me this

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

How the Poppy tradition began

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37945175

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information