User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Decided that I was going to use the sunshine to dry some(what) laundry that I did during mid-peak time today.Brought items indoors a little while ago to use the dryer when sky got watery-looking but sun is back outside.

Made two batches of the banana oatmeal cookies so I have snacks at home and something to go with tea.
    Last night I decided I was going to purchase the PC Blue Menu sparkling water for $3.50 as fave flavour was in stock-ok so it was drizzling last night but I feel better having one or two beverages at home beyond tea (never like the cupboard empty feeling, esp. if an unexpected guest drops by and nothing is available to offer).

I'm pleased with the Selection semi-sweet choc. chips purchased at Food Basics yesterday-for $2.49, there are 350g or 2 cups' worth of choc. chips. And they are made in Canada of domestic & imported ingredients. Bye-bye 270g Chipits made in USA!

The Nivea coupons (from sample) will get used for more creme later this month. I feel like the first week of November is a continuation of October and the harvest (of coupons) theme!

Just cannot get excited about doing a sewing project or polishing/spraying my winter boots. Have a button thread to replace on spring/fall jacket today because I noticed the button felt loose yesterday.

The At Your Service flyer wrap in today's community paper contains a Beverly Tire Winter Care coupon offer for $49.99 and expires on Dec.31. The offer might appeal to drivers wanting someone else to check their vehicle for winter readiness-at participating BT locations (guess you have to call and check?).

The Bed& Bath Warehouse flyer shows door mats for $4.99-yes, I'd like a new one to replace a 2yr old one. And a fleece bedding set (no shipping charge & what I see is what I get). Think I have to visit the store this week (get my Target item fix) and tick off both items off my to-get list.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Used the Persil powder liquid detergent sample on the shower curtain and it did not get the black spots/soap scum removed (PC free detergent does not remove much off either). Scent is rather strong-I did pour in some Woolite during spin and rinse cycles to reduce comments about the scent when the curtain is back in the bathroom.
    What is the scent like on the Coldwater version of the Persil detergent-does it smell like the regular version or more like Woolite for Dark laundry aroma?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah just noticed the xmas clothing I bought on line at gap 2 days ago one baby top was marked down 3.15 cheaper so called and got 3.15 credited to my credit card -everylittle bit helps right
    -but then ordered a top for myself -a lot of my fall clothing is pretty old so a nice burgundy3/4 length top for me for 22.00 is called for I think
    -raked today ,put garbage out made a ham ,potatoes steamed carrots for supper
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the SDM gift card dates. If you happen to get your RX at SDM you can use the gift cards to pay for them-at least in Alberta. Some of the pharmacists think you can't but you can.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was sad to hear that Amazon.ca no longer price matches or does price adjustments, I really took advantage of that last year when shopping online for Christmas. Overall I was pleased with what I did purchase as they are more expensive at WM.

I love the smell of the Persil, however, I love the strong scents I find the smell last longer.

Does anyone know when the sdm mega redemption will be, I'm guessing 1st weekend in December like last year.
    @Granger how did you get a deal for Wolfe Lodge feel free to pm or post here, I look over the summer and the prices were outrageous for a couple nights stay. Someone told me if you stay 4 nights then you get better prices but wow expensive.

Wishing everyone a great day

Supper plans for tonight have changed as dh got me chicken wings at metro and the guys were beyond disappointed last night when I hadn't cooked any.
    Natalka, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working from home today as I am super behind and I feel like I am coming down with something. I find lately in the office there are so many distractions including myself. I really need a day to just sit down and focus. Mom is working so I have the house to myself. Although I did have to run to the office to help with something, but even with my trip to the office I was shocked it is only 10 am and am very happy with what I have accomplished.

I noticed on the local new website there had been a pretty serious on the Highway through town the other day, I found out yesterday when I was back in the office it was one of the office staff's wives involved. She is okay but on complete bed rest for at least a week.

Time to finish my current project, take something out for dinner, make another cup of tea and get back to my to do list for today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I was sad to hear that Amazon.ca no longer price matches or does price adjustments, I really took advantage of that last year when shopping online for Christmas. Overall I was pleased with what I did purchase as they are more expensive at WM.

I love the smell of the Persil, however, I love the strong scents I find the smell last longer.

Does anyone know when the sdm mega redemption will be, I'm guessing 1st weekend in December like last year.
    @Granger how did you get a deal for Wolfe Lodge feel free to pm or post here, I look over the summer and the prices were outrageous for a couple nights stay. Someone told me if you stay 4 nights then you get better prices but wow expensive.

Wishing everyone a great day

Supper plans for tonight have changed as dh got me chicken wings at metro and the guys were beyond disappointed last night when I hadn't cooked any.
    RE: GWL- Sign up to receive their emails. They have 24 hr /48 hr sales. That's when we booked for 2 nights.(we booked months ago for our end of November visit ) For us it's too far to drive for just one night (3 hour drive)
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Off soon for date night out with my honey! Taking the afternoon off work so we can hit the road and enjoy our day/evening together. Have Grandma lined up to drive kids and let dog out
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I joined Costco after getting a great promo offer in the mail - $10 cash card, free roast chicken and caesar salad. I stocked up on my allergy meds, so happy as they cost a fortune everywhere else. Coming down with a cold so taking it easy today. Have a great weekend everyone!
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well hung a load of towels on line lets see if they dry pretty good
    -gonna pick up ashlyn at daycare at 3.30 and have her all night til bedtime as my daughter-in-law's sister had to deliver her baby a few weeks early in Toronto -a 5 pound 11 ounce baby girl -now ashlyn has a new boy cousin Sebastian and a girl cousin from my daughter-in-law's sister
    -then sat we are off to have breakfast at my daughter's /son-in-laws (blueberry pancakes) and see sebastian -my daughter just called she tries to go out everyday from 9.30 til about noon when he is quite happy -today she had him in a bjorn carrier -she bought it for ashlyn and is now borrowing it -so a good weekend for us ,busy but love seeing my grandchildren
    Natalka, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm using up my pc plus points to get free gcs for my Christmas purchases, yesterday I redeemed for $200 amazon.ca AND I need to get more as I only have $5 bucks left from doing my Christmas shopping this morning on amazon.ca

Dh stops where it's convenient which is Ultramar and where they have a car wash, I'll check it out but I really don't recall ever seeing Ultramar Gcs at sdm but it's worth a shot.
    Thank you for the reminder about Amazon GCs that can be purchased with PC points.

DH also shops at Ultramar and I've never seen any GCs for them, either at PC stores or at SDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Used the Persil powder liquid detergent sample on the shower curtain and it did not get the black spots/soap scum removed (PC free detergent does not remove much off either). Scent is rather strong-I did pour in some Woolite during spin and rinse cycles to reduce comments about the scent when the curtain is back in the bathroom.
    What is the scent like on the Coldwater version of the Persil detergent-does it smell like the regular version or more like Woolite for Dark laundry aroma?
    I haven't tried mine yet, but the sample lady at the counter said it reeked like PineSol. When you're promoting the product and telling everyone that it stinks to high heaven, I'm not sure that's a good sign.

I was really disappointed by the news as well. I think I might have been the one who posted that Amazon no longer price matches if it was in the first world problems thread. I have found that Toys R Us will PM Amazon.ca though.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

2.5 hours of sleep..... First it was the baby having a royal kick fest all night, then LO screaming and crying after 5 AM from her congestion. I'm trying to make it out to a girls night tonight with some friends as there will be none after the new baby comes. I'm feeling terrible about leaving LO at home, but DH can get her calm much faster than I when she's having a coughing fit.

Saturday I finally get my prenatal massage. I hope it relieves the pain in my hips!

Co-workers are constantly calling me large, which is unpleasant to say the least.

DH ruined my lunch, so I took his. It's the same lunch that I've had all week, so I was really looking forward to my leftovers from last night. I had just placed them aside to cool before I put the cover on, but DH came home and thought it was the makeshift compost. He dumped all the fruit scraps and LO's used tissues on it when he came home. I was so unimpressed! Today was compost day and the flyer person never came so the compost bin hadn't been set up. Sigh.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hugs** Sweet Sparrow

Ultramar does have gift cards just not sure if they only sell them through their gas stations. I got one I think from work one Christmas.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have enough Optimum points to be able to redeem $40. My husband has an appointment in Regina next week, so I am thinking about getting Dh to redeem. Would I be able to redeem towards a gift card? What gift cards does SDM carry?
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela, no you cannot redeem for Gift Cards, below is from Shopper's website

28. Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services: prescription drugs, products containing codeine, gift cards and prepaid card products, wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office stamps and merchandise, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, bus tickets and passes, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns, charitable donations, gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to add or delete products and services eligible for Shoppers Optimum Points redemption at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information