User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    For those pregnant and/or nursing and not taking meds, remember you can use vicks vapour rub to help with the congestion and I believe it can be applied to babies as well BUT double check about the babies with pharmacist before applying.

Well I got the contractor quote this morning....sigh....

it would be 2 weeks of works (new powder room), removing dinning room wall and installing balusters and railing (drywalling & painting) and gutting our vestibule (tiny thing) and putting new drywall.

Anyways we can afford the projects, however, I'm thinking the price is quite steep ($1500) in materials alone which would include a medicine cabinet, drywall for all 3 projects 12 sheets max I'm thinking less, paint, drywall muding, ballusters, railing and that's it. The labour is what floored me, I asked him how much less would it be if we took on the demos ourselves, I'll see what he replies or if he replies. Dh would do all the plumbing and we would have to pay an electrician ourselves, purchase toilet, etc.

The wows of home ownership. I love the time frame of 2 weeks as it would take us 6 months or so to achieve all 3 projects. And dh could focus on other projects that are much more manageable.

Apparently our new neighbours are having some work done at their house across the street, I may wander over tonight and ask what they are getting done and how they like their contractor. Perhaps another quote might be a good idea. And even better would be if they allowed me to view the work myself. My dad used to be a general contractor so I have a good concept of excellent work and shoddy work as well as hand on experience with awful contractors.

Wishing everyone a great day
    I would get three quotes.

I ended up hiring a handyman who I knew personally to do my bathroom reno and called in an electrician and saved a fortune. I also bought my own materials so I had control over the material costs. Keep us posted.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-I usually buy coffe filters at Walmart or No Frills.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We have still not turned on the heat & the kids have stopped complaining. Usually they are in shorts & wonder why they are cold.
    I made my snow tire appointment and the guy at Canadian Tire was kind enough to tell me if I pay for them on Saturday its a 20xs points event. I am getting them installed next week but will just take a minute to stop by Saturday to pay for them.
    I hope to spend the weekend doing my Christmas inventory & planning what else is needed. The teen older teen wants Beef Wellington for our Christmas dinner so I have advise I need the shopping list by December 1 so I have no surprises. He is cooking so I am offer to do the shopping.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just did my grocery shop-was $71 after cashing in $20 in PC points, and earned 5,000 points back so I am happy with that.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Another day of not spending money

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend.

Monday I have a test at the hospital. The doctor has scheduled a surgeon to be present during part of the test so I'm hoping to get some answers.

Dh is going to a wine & cheese after work with some colleagues at the Kindergarden teacher's house (haha).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gee I still am waking up at 5.00 a.m (darn daylight saving time)
    -need to return 2 gap tops as they are too loose on me (one was defective ,so reordered at same price but now think its still not that great looking on me )lol
    -daughter called and I was on blue tooth as she drove with Sebastian -so funny when she stops at a light or stop sign he cries ,then when she gets going he stops like on cue-lol -she asked us to babysit next weekend as they want to go to a matinee show ,no problem love seeing him
    -just put together a giftbasket for my hairdresser -only spent 18.02 before taxes this year (that's cause I won a bath and body works hand foam at a shower and I have a candle(still sealed never used) that was a gift to me so regifting it in this basket )a lot cheaper than 26-30.00 as other years plus she gave the basket back to me to reuse this year -she said she loves my giftbasket of shower gels,candles, body lotion, hand crème etc -I will take it to her end of nov
    -gonna go read and lie down
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Trying to determine the next great expense we need to pay for. It'll either be having the lighting fixed in the house (kitchen and living rooms are super dark), perhaps switch out the awful ceiling fans from some old 80's restaurant, or getting window coverings. The stove will need to be replaced someday and we need one bathroom completely redone (the contractor used the wrong materials and everything is practically peeling off the walls). We also need to pay for and insure a second car by the end of next year.

By the time frames, I think the second car will be the most expensive and pressing thing unless something else breaks first.

Probably my water. The baby will be here in a month or less! Eeeeek!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't suppose anyone has any suggestion for baby names? We don't know the gender so boys and girls names are equally welcome!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Do you like classic or trendy?
    There are SO many awesome names!

Julian
    Andrew
    Nicholas
    Silas

Amelia
    Julia
    Sophia
    Odele
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sara is making a comeback ,Judith ,or hey better yet look at the celebrities rob kardashian just called his daughter dream or apple-I think that's gwenith paltrow's child -lol
    my daughter had a few boys names in her process
    Elliot
    Oscar
    I really like Sebastian thou
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sara is making a comeback ,Judith ,or hey better yet look at the celebrities rob kardashian just called his daughter dream or apple-I think that's gwenith paltrow's child -lol
    my daughter had a few boys names in her process
    Elliot
    Oscar
    I really like Sebastian thou
    Love the name Elsa or Ella......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay here are my favourites-Caleb, Elijah, Kieran and Hannah, Rebecca and Leah!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son's first name is a family name. Both of the twins' middle names are family names. All of their first names are short and easy to spell.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -when you wrote about congestion, it made me think back to last winter prior to your finding out about the pregnancy, as you were dealing with an ongoing cough/cold or breathing issue. Interesting that with the colder weather, congestion surfaces. Hit it with herbal teas (to drink or to steam face over a bowl) , the Vaporub, hot water with lemon juice (or frozen lemon zest/juice cube).
    Please don't stay up late for laundry anymore. Time for you to ready the hospital bag, get your sleep and let any laundry presoak in tub or machine then put on a cycle. Handwashing items has to wait until after you and new baby get settled into a routine. You need to put yourself first now.

Any chance you want to skip night feedings and try to get new baby to feed at 7am, noon and 5pm only and sleep through the night (no feeding but maybe cuddles)to let everyone get some sleep? I'm sure your dark chocolate and seaweed snacks will help you through the first few days when you get up at night to check on the baby.

Name suggestions: Girl-Anne, Beatrice or Rebecca, Nanami, Vicki, River, Sunny, Laurie, Tracy, Amber, Pam
    Boy-Ned, Hugh, Michel, Luke, Emil, Rick, Bryce, Jerry, Gregory, Winston, Kevin, Franklin
    Of course, all names have to be considered for length, any existing relations with the same name, and your surname for compatibility. You may have some cultural background to inspire you for names or characters in books that you liked. Or some past relation you want to honour by giving the baby their name plus a middle name.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information