User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka so sorry to hear of the passing of your bil
    @lizzie bargain hope you feel better soon and very exciting with the family history
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Angela-I hear you and I also got an antibiotic for my sinuses today as well-after 3 weeks of on and off being sick I told my doctor I am sick of being sick-tired of mouth breathing also. Hopefully we will both feel better soon.
    @lizzie bargain have you tried vick vapour rub on your chest or back for breathing, It works wonders, hope you feel better

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Just finished watching Jinger Duggar's wedding it was so lovely and I can't believe another young lady already entered a courtship, I believe her name is Joy.

Getting the odds and ends of laundry caught up.

Supper tonight is rib steak with mashed potatoes, I may do some baking this afternoon as I have tons of frozen fruit in the freezer and I need the space.

My Christmas tree is up but not yet decorated, I have all the gifts wrapped with the exception of Santa gifts.

My test at the hospital went well, however, I am booked to see a surgeon in the later part of January. I'm looking forward to hearing what can be done but worried about the re-coop after this type of surgery as it's in a really bad place.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just took a walk around Walmart to get out of the office. Found DS PJ bottoms for under $10. Bought a small Aveeno lotion for $3.67 and used $5 coupon. Cashier charged me 5 cents for bag. Didn't ask me if I wanted on. That bugs me!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Saving on hydro as we have not yet turned on the furnace as we have some sort of infestation in the heating ducts. The "'re-home squirrels" guy came this morning only to announce that it couldn't be squirrels but found evidence of - shhh- Don't tell my husband- mice.
    The condo association is going to pay for duct work cleaning and sanitizing so we can get the furnace turned on. It's going to be a high of only 3 by the weekend but they can't come til next Wednesday.
    That will be one more worry off my plate.
    DH finished his radiation today and they may be able to get him back on chemo in a couple of weeks. He seems to have fought back the septic blood infection that sent him to the hospital 2 weeks ago.
    I have a friend conning to help finish wintering our balcony/glasses-in porch tomorrow.
    I am hoping to find another pair of lined drapes on senior' s Day at Value Village to make our bedroom more cozy.
    We get our car back tomorrow after our little smack-up on Thanksgiving Weekend - our insurance waved the deductible and our rates will not go up- whew! It also covered for a comparable rental for the 2 weeks that they have had it.
    I have had very little sleep lately and am worn out completely. But, there seems to be a light a little way down the tunnel. Just inching towards it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hang in there Avoncallingu-sounds like you have had a rough patch and hopefully with some rest and better luck, things will feel better. Continued best wishes for your DH during his treatments!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes avoncallinyu I am sure days will get better
    -was in pain yesterday with my left knee-I injured it back when I was 50 so it may be acting up -boy it just came on me when I was babysitting ashlyn -so I iced it and she was so helpful even for age 3 we coloured on the couch in her colouring book she kissed my knee -so sweet ,today still sore hard to bend so sent hubby to fortinos for a few items when he gets off work at 9.30 a.m -hope this is temporary gonna wrap my knee today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Natalka so sorry for your family's loss.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm feeling a bit better because I can breathe through my nose half of the time now. Dh is trying not to get sick. Our twin baby boy had his first haircut yesterday. He did very well and the salon even had a certificate and helped collect his hair. He still looks like a baby, which I like.

I tried something new for supper last night. I roasted frozen Brussels sprouts on a cookie sheet with chopped up bacon. I also did a small roasting pan of potatoes and onions. I soaked 2 cups or white navy beans last night. I'm turning it into baked beans with molasses, lots of onion, and chunks of pork steak. My dad used to make delicious baked beans in a roaster when I was still in high school. Dad doesn't have the recipe anymore, but he gave me some tips. This will be my first attemp. We plan on having the baked beans with the leftover potatoes and onion from last night. I'll freeze some of the baked beans for future use. Tonight our son's school has another family engagement night. It starts at 5:15, so I'll take the kids. Dh will join us after work and then take our son at 6:00 to his skating lessons. The monthly family engagement thing goes until 6:30, but this is the best compromise that we can do.

Tomorrow morning I have a test at the hospital. I've been waiting for two months for this appointment. It is to measure the blood flow in my legs because of my history of DVT and the permanent damage that that caused. I'm planning on taking our kids to the Family Centre tomorrow morning, as long as the centre has a volunteer in order for it to be open. Plan B might be for us to go to the public library.

I've been enjoying picking up the mail this week because I have been receiving coupons from calling a variety of manufacturers. I also received my first Caddle cheque and I'm waiting on another cheque from CO51. I ordered them at the same time, so I find it interesting that I am still waiting for the cheque from CO51. I already have $10 on my CO51 app. I have $49 in PC Plus points and $110 in Air Miles. I plan on redeeming for gift cards.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh yeah, I am buying this "leather" Cars jacket from a person for $10. I'm going to stash it for Christmas. Our son has a similar jacket that he wears regularly, but it is showing wear. This new jacket would be suitable for spring and fall.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  176.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  167.0 KB
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! A nice sunny day here today and they are calling for a high of 17 tomorrow!!!! But also calling for snow Saturday afternoon so will enjoy these last few days.
    Guess the leaves aren't being picked up. We have them in piles but we are out of leaf bags and apparently the entire town is too.

Tonight I must do laundry. Taking it to the Laundromat so I can use my time wisely and just get it all done. Will go home right after work and load the vehicle up.

I need to clean out my purse and move to a winter purse so will do that at the Laundromat.

Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I mostly followed this baked beans recipe, except I chopped up three onions and 5 pork steaks. It is in the oven now and it will be ready for an early supper tonight.
    http://www.crosbys.com/molasses-baked-beans-with-sass/

Edit: It has been in the oven for 5.5hrs and the beans are still too firm. I've added more water and turned it up to 325. I'm wanting to feed my family at 4:30 today, but the beans might not be done. I'm also finding it sweet. The chunks of pork are tender but dry when you eat them. I can steal some of them to feed the family if the beans aren't done in time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Nov 17th, 2016 at 05:01 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just an FYI that Subway has their Gift card promo on again.. Buy a $25 GC and get a free 6 inch sub. I did this on our hockey weekend for quick dinner one night. Best deal when getting an expensive sub

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Angela-I think we will try the baked beans and the oatmeal bread-maybe tomorrow. Cold snowy morning and I let DD drive herself to school in the snow for the first time with me along-she did okay but bailed halfway-which was a good thing because it was way icier than I expected and I was slipping a bit going up and down the hills myself! Then met my friend for coffee at Timmies-I tell you that place does a roaring trade-I rarely go out for coffee but it was hard to even find parking in their lot.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avoncallingu -might there be a local foster cat care group with some mousing cats willing to give the mice what-for in the ducts? Rather inconvenient that you and DH might have to keep the stove on or a kettle going for heat if you cannot put the furnace on when the temperatures fall after Friday-maybe someone is willing to have you visit for a few days while you wait for the Wed. appt.? You are in London-city that snow loves!

Like your lined curtains shopping idea at Value Village! Also suggest seeing if a local Fabricland with a home decor section might have a sales bin of lined curtain panels. 50% off can be a boon when you find the sale and a colour/panel you can use (or alter to fit or hang). The Eclipse panels from 2012 are holding on though some of the backing has started to break in little bits here or there (I've had to tell Mom to keep the spiked laundry balls out of the dryer load because I think they are causing the tears and she does not always use the low heat cycle). Since you live in RCSS land, check to see if there may be lined panels available there as well. Their store flyers seem to have good home items on sale now and then.
    @Angela273 -I'd like to make baked beans since that dish is something I have never had at home. Your cooking sounds delicious! When's dinner? Oh, I missed it.
    Glad you have the opportunity to get the medical test tomorrow-hope the test helps to pinpoint or narrow down possibilities of what your body is telling you. @jasperandchar -I want to have your freezer of frozen fruit situation! Such good things can come out of that-smoothies or smoothie bowls, coffee cakes, muffins, quick loaves, sauces for other dishes, preserves, jams, or just thaw some at a time in the fridge overnight and enjoy with breakfast (on waffles or pancakes or with cereal) or flax/hemp seeds. You do have a junior baker on-side, so he can help you to move the fruit into dishes. He loves batch baking, right?
    Amazing work on having Christmas gifts almost wrapped up/done!
    @Frugalbigmama -you could be a reality tv show star on House & Garden TV along with some other SC members! Things get done with plans, budgets and timelines.
    @lizzie bargain -wonder if Calgary has more Tim Horton's locations than Hamilton? We'll see more than frost soon enough here in southern Ontario.

Tonight, I've been washing bedding sets so they can be hung outside tomorrow on what seems to be the last extended spring day for fall. I made sure to put one of the full McCafe cards in my coat pocket for tomorrow as I missed chances yesterday and today to get that hot chocolate treat that I promised myself. Plan on reading the many recipes in Food Network Magazine for pumpkin, squash, biscuits and one pan meals and some sides. Don't like boring vegetables and am keen to put spices and vegetables through new dishes. Should find a new casserole to love as well.

For those of you who love complicated pie crusts, you'll be in pie heaven if you get your hands on Martha Stewart Living's November issue. Some DIY sewing projects are in the issue as well.

Sewists! Check to see if your Burda Style retailer has copies of the Vintage Seventies special issue-the 70s are back!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information