User Tag List

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Just working on my list for redemption this weekend. Our SDM has stopped selling video games so I am not sure how I will spend 170. so I am glad its not 210. I will be happy for the points back though. There is nothing we buy that's a high price point. I work in a scent free environment so perfume is waste and I don't wear high end makeup so if anyone has ideas let me know. I need to transfer 3000 points from DH so that we can do a top level and then I may do a mid level with his card.
    Our frugal win this week which I would have been happy to do without was a 75.00 flight to Edmonton for DH & we are in Ontario so you all know that's cheap. He used up soon to expire areoplan miles but since he is traveling for a memorial service for a 35 yr old friend (passed away Sunday from cancer) you can see why I would have been happy to do without. I have asked for no gifts this year and instead made a donation to the trust for his 4 young children, this is worth more than a gift and since I am embracing the minimalist movement this was not a sacrifice. Both boys have asked about making me a gift or hand made gift certificate which is fine.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

SS: Once of my cousins just welcomes a baby girl yesterday and her name is Olivia Adele. The Adele comes from his mom, I thinks its very pretty, kind of old & trendy at the same time.

I picked names that I never thought could be shorten as that was my hope, oh the things that Logan becomes, some of which he hates (Loggie Bear)& the most common Logges, whereas as Liam was never shortened except by Logan when he could not say Liam.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -sorry I corrected my post it was suppose to say caddle not snapsaves - I made a mistake

-such a nice gift lilo -how thoughtfull of you
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Nov 24th, 2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well heard from my daughter tonight -she got a call from her pediatrician -Sebastian has to go back for another ultrasound on the one side of his hip (lets hope they just didn't get a clear picture she remembers he moved a bit )-lets hope he doesn't need braces (from being breetch the whole pregnancy ) she was a little upset I talked to her -ahhh you worry for your grandkids and your grown kids
    Angela273, Lynn49, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just ordered this instant pot. It's on sale for 64% off with free shipping. I know that someone in the "What's for dinner?" Thread loves her instant pot. I'll have to learn how to use it and adjust my recipes of cooking style for it, but the price seems right to get it now.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00FLY...orL&ref=plSrch
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Natalka : Thank you very much! I wonder if some of the stores nearby will price match.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SS-well I for one am looking forward to the virtual arrival of your baby-we haven't had any little ones for awhile other than coupon girls new grandson. Wishing you a healthy, easy baby as, by your description, it sounds like your DD was a higher needs baby/toddler.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yes sweet sparrow we are looking forward to a virtual baby -wish you all the best when your new little one arrives
    @lizzie bargain and @coupon girl : Thank you for the well wishes, although I promise you that when the baby kicks, it's anything but virtual! It's coming out soon also! Real estate in there is not what it once was.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I haven't slept much tonight between being up with babies, a cat that got itself locked in our bedroom, and being up late visiting with company. Today is going to be a long and busy day.

Buy gas at NF
    9:00 surgery consult
    play at the park near hospital
    10:30 Physio measurements for new compression stockings
    Do PDAP emails
    Check the mail
    Sobeys Blue Friday shopping - I've looked at part of the flyer online and I think I'll be spending the $150 to get 200 Air Miles, plus earn an additional 500 Air Mes from my purchases - $75gc from redeeming Air Miles.
    Lunch: fruit smoothies at home
    Take whole family shopping. Two second hand stores - clothes for my brother, mom sent a little money for this purpose. I'll have to see the Black Friday sales flyers before I know if we will be shopping anywhere else.
    4:00 free swimming - my brother will walk down
    supper: looks like the Sobeys free Delicio pizza after Air Miles, with a tossed salad.
    6:30-7:30 free skating for Dh, brother, and 4yr old son
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    SS: Once of my cousins just welcomes a baby girl yesterday and her name is Olivia Adele. The Adele comes from his mom, I thinks its very pretty, kind of old & trendy at the same time.

I picked names that I never thought could be shorten as that was my hope, oh the things that Logan becomes, some of which he hates (Loggie Bear)& the most common Logges, whereas as Liam was never shortened except by Logan when he could not say Liam.
    @lilo0003 : I think one of the downsides of having a child later in life is that you usually know two or three children with your favourite names by the time it gets to your turn. Adela is the name of DH's closest sister's first daughter, and there are several girls named Olivia in LO's daycare. While Olivia isn't a bad name, (it's on DH's list) combining it with DH's family name is similar to another famous celebrity. DH doesn't want people to think we named her after a celebrity.

Logan made it to my tentative list, while Liam was in my top five. DH likes neither. He has names like Otis on his list, which sounds a bit odd with his last name, I think.

Names are so difficult! Must start researching more soon. Thank goodness my parents are choosing the middle name to be in the same format with LO.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well up early did a bit of on-line shopping -Sephora and Hudson bay (free shipping) yeah -not for me xmas gifts
    -daughter-in-law called and asked if we could pick up ashlyn at daycare as she has a cold -and she wont sleep there at 12.30 after lunch -no problem we said -she wants her to get better for sunday as she is having a friend take a few pictures of ashlyn and Sebastian (my daughter/hubby are going to my son's for the pictures )

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just working on my list for redemption this weekend. Our SDM has stopped selling video games so I am not sure how I will spend 170. so I am glad its not 210. I will be happy for the points back though. There is nothing we buy that's a high price point. I work in a scent free environment so perfume is waste and I don't wear high end makeup so if anyone has ideas let me know.
    I'm that way as well. No matter how I look at it, I think I've bulked up when they've had bonus points events that all I can really use are the consumables like milk and eggs. Even when I shop for other family members, the cost during the bonus redemption days are quite high. Last week, I walked through the entire store and didn't find a single thing I would have bought if I didn't have the bonus redemption on my mind, except for milk and eggs, of course.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @lilo0003 : I think one of the downsides of having a child later in life is that you usually know two or three children with your favourite names by the time it gets to your turn. Adela is the name of DH's closest sister's first daughter, and there are several girls named Olivia in LO's daycare. While Olivia isn't a bad name, (it's on DH's list) combining it with DH's family name is similar to another famous celebrity. DH doesn't want people to think we named her after a celebrity.

Logan made it to my tentative list, while Liam was in my top five. DH likes neither. He has names like Otis on his list, which sounds a bit odd with his last name, I think.

Names are so difficult! Must start researching more soon. Thank goodness my parents are choosing the middle name to be in the same format with LO.
    we too were older when we had Logan & I had never met a Logan in my life. I picked it from a baby book because I wanted an L and Irish so not a lot of options. Imagine my dismay when the next year it showed up in the top 20 list. I don't watch x-men so who knew wolverines name was Logan. I also worked as a CYW when we started our family so the number of names discarded by association was huge. Even Liam was not popular in 2000 when he was born. DH want Porrig after the golfer, lol.
    picking names is so stressful imo.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Spent $40 at Safeway this a.m. on lots of cheese, oranges and chips and got enough airmiles to get $20 free groceries next time. Also picked up some 1/2 price meat for the freezer. Looking forward to an SDM bonus redemption this weekend-things I will buy include eggs, milk, shampoo( with P and G coupons), dental floss, pop, Tide, Kleenex, razors, coffee, chocolate for stocking stuffers etc. Even if a few of these things cost more there they will still be free to me. Had to phone Optimum this a.m. as DH and I were missing 24,000 pts each for gift cards purchased earlier this month.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

we too were older when we had Logan & I had never met a Logan in my life. I picked it from a baby book because I wanted an L and Irish so not a lot of options. Imagine my dismay when the next year it showed up in the top 20 list. I don't watch x-men so who knew wolverines name was Logan. I also worked as a CYW when we started our family so the number of names discarded by association was huge. Even Liam was not popular in 2000 when he was born. DH want Porrig after the golfer, lol.
    picking names is so stressful imo.
    That's how we ended up with Logan on our list. I was stumped with names for boys last time and she asked what DH's favourite cartoon character was. And then she said Logan wasn't a bad name, maybe I should consider it. Ha ha!

My brother likes the name Bruce Lee and thinks I should go with it for a first and middle name, but wouldn't you know it, we already know a Bruce Lee!

I agree, this is stressful. I want to pick a respectable name in case the child wants to be a lawyer or a plumber, an astronaut, or a musician. Argh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am redeeming my SDM points on Sunday to take advantage of the deals and will be stocking up mostly on winter stuff - vitamins, neo citran, deluxe heating pad, dental stuff, etc. I also have gone through my coupons to save even more. One of the members posted something about redeeming point first and than apply coupons?

In the past I have redeemed for a Bionaire air cleaner, Canon printer, neck water pillow, gift sets, and obus forme full body massager (love it).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just received coupons in the mail for 3 free cases of Coke products! I had called to ask the compnay how I could have gotten one can of regular coke in my diet coke case -happy with that response. Oh even better-I just realized that if I buy 3 cases( for free with coupons) at Safeway today I should get 50 bonus airmiles or $5.00 of free groceries back on my free purchase for next time.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Nov 25th, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information