User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: QOTD-Trick or Treat?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Question of the ay
    Are you going Trick or Treating tomorrow?
    or
    Are you giving out candy to the kids?
    or
    Are you attending a Hallowe'en party for adults and kids?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are dressing up at work. For the morning. Then judge costumes.
    We are having our morning coffee break together and donating a toonie. The toonie goes to a charity/food bank.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work in a school, so I will be dressing up. Then I get to go to the scariest place on Earth.... the dentist for a root canal.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ LOL, I agree about the dentist!

We'll be at home, giving out treats - I love to see all the kids and their costumes!
    I miss taking our son out - used to have a blast doing that.

Love FB because we can see our extended family and how they are dressing up, and how their kids are, too - one great benefit of FB when family is far away!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ohhh I wouldn't miss those cute little ghosts and goblins etc .. that come to my door .. can't wait.. I enjoy Halloween so much see kids .
    bluerose, Natalka and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Candy ready ,pumpkin carved,porch lights on.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I hand out the treats - DH is taking the kiddos trick or treating later this afternoon

Happy Halloween!!!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Will be handing out treats to all the little goblins and also the very old goblins. One of my favorite holiday of the year. My kids are all grown up now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We do a mixture. We have already attended two children's Halloween parties over the last two weekends. It has been raining a lot all day today, the only day of bad weather in the forecast. We'll take all three of our young children trick-or-treating to our neighbours. Dh will stay home with our twins and hand out candy while I take our son trick-or-treating in our area.

Our 4yr old son is has a Lightning McQueen costume. Our 15 month old twins are a butterfly and a bumble bee. I paid a total of $10 for the three costumes, which I bought at a second hand store in town.

edit: It was misting the entire time that I was trick-or-treating with our son. My phone was in my pocket, which claims that we walked 5km. Our twins took turns napping with Dh, so they never did visit our neighbours while dressed in their costumes. We had a great time. We had way more kids trick-or-treat our house this year vs last year. I also learned a different nearby street that isn't as busy, which was nice to trick-or-treat at.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 11:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no candy handouts here this year. Lights will be out, path is blocked with recycle bins and a sign saying " please do not wake the sleeping shift worker ". Will have to hunker down in the basement with the 2 dogs so they don't bark at every costumed kid walking by on our street.
    Halloween used to be such a joy! So much excitement when our 3 kids dressed up....sigh.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Will be handing out treats to all the little goblins and also the very old goblins. One of my favorite holiday of the year. My kids are all grown up now

I agree with you flemeth .. I really enjoy when kids come to my home and they all come in porch waiting for their treats . They like me guess who they are .. we have lots laughs .. they enjoy coming here . Only got ten tonite .. first I had four .. then six more came .. it still was good . Older kids gone to another community with their buddies. Miss them for sure

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

We have very kid-friendly subdivisions near us, but we're on the main drag (traffic) and every house on the street is spaced out and has a precarious set of frost-heaved steps up the steep hill...so we don't get any kids. I did see a guy in a sequined matador outfit and huge velvet sombrero buying limes at the grocery store though

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We live too far from town to have visitors.
    Instead the town centre is cordoned off and all the shops open late for the day. It's a family event where the kids get candy and the adults mingle.If it's a weekday it's 3.30-6.00pm. Week-ends tend to be 2.00-600..

You get some families set up tables and hand out treats as well as shops and local businesses. Sometimes, the political parties have stands too, though that has only happened once or twice.

P2 and lilP have tomorrow off as the high schools have finished their mid-terms.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

kidlet trick or treated until she couldn't trick or treat anymore.. and i played pack mule lol... lugging the huge fabric bag(my fave body shop one i got years ago) full to the brim with candy (i can't stand carrying a pillow case.. it has no handles!) i was starting to worry that i might need a second bag lol

i'll admit i'm kinda glad halloween is over.. i think i'm all halloweened out.. it's been one event after another this whole month i'm just worn out
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Nomination for Dad of the Year here!
    DANGER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information