Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By GatineauGirl
  • 3 Post By SassyAshley
  • 3 Post By maple7
  • 3 Post By GatineauGirl

Thread: RCSS Scop question

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RCSS had a 'mix & match' display that stated 'buy any 10 items for $10'. I bought 5 of one item and 5 of another item, expecting to pay $10. Well, I didn't notice until I was home that I had been charged too much for 5 items (all the same.) So I made a special trip back to the RCSS today, and asked if this would fall under SCOP. The young guy at the customer service desk said, "What? I guess so."

When I checked my account later today, I see that I was refunded $4.30, and charged $4.25. I am wondering if this buy should have fallen under the SCOP, and I should have been refunded $10. Any ideas? I feel so confused about this whole transaction.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Sat, Nov 5th, 2016 at 03:32 PM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

SCOP would be applied once if all products were the same with the same UPC. You would get 1 for free and the remaining ones would be adjusted to the advertised price.

Now if they all had different UPC (ie different scent, flavour) then SCOP would apply to each one with a different UPC
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With SCOP you should have been refunded 5 at the old rate and then charged for 4 at the correct rate. Based on your amounts, it looks like you were charged correctly for the 4 ($4.25) at the new rate but weren't refunded for 5 ($4.30 refund for 5 doesn't make sense). So I'm guessing your cashier messed up in the confusion.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks very much, Maple7 & SassyAshley....much appreciate your taking the time to explain this to me!
    SassyAshley, maple7 and dededi like this.

Thread Information