User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: As we start getting ready for the Holidays...

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`ve started making a list for Xmas and I need your help!

Who's on your Xmas list and what do you usually get for them? What is usually your budget per individual?

I`m having difficulties with the following

- DDs Teachers
    - My Boss
    - Superintendent
    - ???

Tia!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We get gifts for family only. As much as we'd like to, we can't afford to be buying 'a little something' for so many people who cross our paths through the year.

For teachers, I like gift cards to the Dollarama or Staples. People don't realize how much teachers spend out of pocket for their students - ours, anyway.

I don't get anything for my boss because she's a psychopathic biitch. She deserves nothing.

Superintendent? Don't have one. How about a nice bottle of something?

The budget depends on the individual and how close you are to them, I guess. If it were me, I'd probably cap it at no more than $20. Also depending on how many people I planned to get something. Not much help, I know.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Family and close Friends only. I think it can get ridiculous feeling obligated to give gifts to people who only cross our paths doing the jobs they get paid for. Gifts for bosses?! When did that silliness start? I sure hope they reciprocate! Happy to be retired...! Jmho
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2016 at 09:25 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

I don't get anything for my boss because she's a psychopathic biitch. She deserves nothing.

Don't leave us in suspense...tell us what you really think..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

Mine is too . I was thinking along the lines of Export A's, cheap wine with some Valium taped to the glass.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not much help for you .. but my family is so small .. my dad passed away November 27 this year it will be 3 years .. then my brother passed away March 16 this year... so it's only my mom left now .. pray to god she don't leave me too . I buy for friends and I limited them to $20.00 each .. don't have any landlords give gifts too .. my nephew and nieces don't live here .. so I usually send them $50.00 cheque each .. grandparent is all deceased . Not trying to depress you in anyway .. sorry I'm no help to your question .. take care and hope someone can help you out !!
    Mia001 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

For teachers I'm going have to cap it at $5 each I now have 3 in school with various extra teachers ie gym French etc. The last few years I've done glade candles, Revlon nail Polish and tools, I did gcs one year but it adds up.
    I buy for my kids my mom and my hubby my sister and I send cards we are both broke and it's hard being in different parts of the country.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Oh yeah I used to do the mail lady but now we have the boxes and my msil comes between 3-6 pm when it used to come between 9-11

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

When I lived in a building with a super I made sure to get them at least 750ml of top-shelf liquor, about $30. One year that got me a free extra parking spot worth $40/month so hot damn don't skimp.

I have never bought anything for a boss as they make more money than me.

Teachers make good money too. I would stick to $5-$10. $5-10 X 30 kids is a haul. Candy or relevant gift card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have really stopped buying for the extra people, I think teachers get swamped with a ton of small gifts they don't need or want, I always went with a Tim's, Starbucks or Chapters gift card, brilliant idea for the Dollarama gift card Go Jays!! I only have a granddaughter in school and they can't afford to be buying gifts for teachers in junior high, i think she has four or five teachers so we do a nice tray of baking and drop it off to the school staff room sometime in December with a card to the staff of the school. Covers a lot of people in one shot!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I don't think you should buy gifts for teachers beyond elementary school (grade 6?). Once you switch to having a homeroom teacher for a bit of the day from an all-day teacher, it's not appropriate IMO.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Thanks folks

DD is in SK so she has two teachers right now. The boss I think I`m going to drop as it's been mentioned of doing something for dinner as a group, so whatever that's fine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I really think it depends on the teacher in junior high and high school. All four of my kids always seemed to bond with one teacher every year, usually a teacher that went above and beyond and really connected with my kids, or teachers that always kept up communication with us as parents via emails etc. If my kids voiced that they wanted to acknowledge them in some way I usually came up with something small for them, or a card letting them know how appreciative we as parents were of the extra mile they went for our kids.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I never give booze as a gift. You never know what role it plays in a person's life.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    I never give booze as a gift. You never know what role it plays in a person's life.
    I only give alcohol as a considered gift to those I know will

1) drink it
    2) not mis-use it
    3) can't afford it normally.

So I might buy my in-laws a nice wine or my friend a bottle of cream-based spirit because I know they would appreciate it.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information