• 3 Post By sirandrewr
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By Midnightly

Thread: Halloween candy deals!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband was going out, so I said go to SDM to see if any of the chocolate are on sale, I didn't think he would go but He came back with a bag of chocolate. He bought he 90 box of hershies, reese's peanut butter cups etc for $1.00 he only bought 2 boxes, and other chocolats for .49 cents. He said they were wheeling out a shopping cart full of chocolates for $1.00 or less!! I would have bought everything but he only bought 2 boxes!! Oh well better a little something than nothing!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lol, husbands! Enjoy them, anyway! (errr... both the chocolate and the husband!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lol, husbands! Enjoy them, anyway! (errr... both the chocolate and the husband!)
    Hahaha, I'm going to check on my lunch to see if there is anything left, I doubt it!!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow!
    Only $1,00 for big boxes!!?
    SavvyLady likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unfortunately the store employees get first dibs at clearance items where I shop. I'm with you on the buy everything at that price.
    SavvyLady, momi and rameen like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    Unfortunately the store employees get first dibs at clearance items where I shop. I'm with you on the buy everything at that price.
    I think this happens at a lot of stores, I went to a SDM near my work and asked were all there clearance Halloween stuff was, she said we have a lot in the back, I said oh, "you're marking it down, she said no it's surplus and the employees get to have it!! I told her about my SDM and I showed her the receipt, I thought they might match the price, a girl can try! She said their candy only went to 50% off, then they take it off the shelf!! Now I know what some of you guys are talking about when you say you never get clearance or good deals, the employees get them first!!
    Cocovanilla likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw a couple bags of halloween kisses and some bags of Carnaby lollipops in a bin marked 99 cents each near the checkout at my SDM.

Longos Ancaster has Tootsie roll boxes $4.97, Twizzler assorted packs $7.97, some orange marshmallow candy for $1.97 and candy corn for $2.97. The back hallway near seafood has the racks with the remaining candies.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went to my Canadian Tire and they were only at 50% off, 90 box for $7.95 etc!! After my husband paid a $1.00 I couldn't pay the price!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

with all the stores being independently owned each seems to have a different policy on marking seasonal down, we have something like 5 within a driving distance. and after halloween each one had a completely different sale.. one location had it all marked down to a buck (though no chocolate left.. lots of gum, i managed 5 boxes of life savers for hubby) where the next location only had it 50% off a week after halloween.. (and their prices are high to begin with!)
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information