User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: AirMiles stopped suddenly

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Is it a particular Shell station where you normally fill ? Or the same no matter which location you fill at ?
    I fill at 3 or 4 different Shell stations regularly... The one near my home gets a bit more than half of my business. The other half of my transactions are spread across 3 other stations, all in other cities entirely... and ALL with different ownerships. So it's not one particular station/owner.

It seems to be a Shell thing though. I've since obtained all of my AirMiles from other vendors (Sobeys & AirMilesShops vendors) -- including Bonuses and multipliers. It's only Shell that's being held up.

It's coming up to a month now since I've seen any AM's come in from Shell.

Shell doesnt want to talk to me about it. They tell me to call AirMiles... and AM's just tells me to wait 60 days despite with the normal trend has been (within 7-10 days for the past few years). In 60 days, it will be ONE receipt I can officially claim. They tell me each receipt will need an individual claim... I'm not filing a claim for every single receipt I'm not calling them every single day with a new claim.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Nov 17th, 2016 at 07:22 AM.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bhlombardy -try posting on social media accounts or drop a line to Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star. She manages to get through to companies that don't assist customers when asked the first few times.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday prior to my post, I had no change...

Just this morning, however, a flood of AirMiles came in from Shell for the week of Oct.24-28th.
    I had 6 transactions in total that week and they have all appeared, including their associated bonus miles.

I also have a hotel transaction from Nov.11th (a week ago) show up... and an AM Shops reward from a couple days after that.

So I guess the delay is longer for Shell than it once was... but what's surprising is that entire week all showed up at once. I'm used to see them appear (almost) daily, usually in correlation to when I made the actual purchase a week prior. Shell may have changed they way they authorize AM's, not sure. But I'm keeping my eye on it.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information