User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: AirMiles stopped suddenly

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I, quite literally, buy gas at Shell EVERY DAY and swipe my Airmiles card. I commute a lot, so every day I manage to put 25L (or more) of gas in my tank.

That means, I actually SEE airmiles accumulate on my account pretty much every few days or so (even though the transactions may be from a few days earlier). So, I'm fully aware at the the airmiles I earn on any given day, wont show up right away, but normally they appear within a week, sometimes less. But regardless, because I swipe every day at the SAME 3 Shell stations, I get miles added very regularly. I've been doing this for well over 2 years without issue... and I can see the points added pretty consistently.

It's not just Shell. I use it when I buy groceries, and even vendors through AirMilesShops -- and those havent appeared either, but I hit Shell every single day.
    I rack up points enough between gas, and other transactions, that I'm actually an Onyx level earner.

However, I've been a few weeks now without any additional airmiles being added to my account. My AirMiles has been stagnant since mid October. Yet, I keep swiping my card daily (like a sucker?) but never seeing the points anymore.

I check the app... the website... and the email statement I just received says the same thing... and when I phoned their support (which was a challenge in and of itself)... same number of points is being reported. The agent refuses to even look at the account because the official stance is that points can take up to 60 days to appear, and bonus points even longer. But that is not the normal experience for me.

The receipts all say I earned X# of miles, so I know the card is working. *I* am the one swiping it at the self-serve pumps, so it's not like the clerk is sneaking his card instead... and it's MY number on the receipts... so there's no scamming going on here (not at the retail level anyway).

Is it just me? or has anyone noticed an abnormal pause in receiving airmiles the past few weeks?
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Shell
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Nov 8th, 2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Isnt airmiles shutting down at the end of the year or beginning of the new year?
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No... where did you hear that from?

What's happening starting Dec.2016 is that any Airmiles on your account that are 5 years old will expire and deleted from your total points... and that will be the model going forward.

So if you have say 300 points on your account right now... and say 25 of those points you earned on Februray 12, 2012... then on Feb.12, 2017, those points will expire, and you'll be deducted those 25 points from your total. (making it 275, assuming you havent earned any between now and then)

But there's no announcement of the program ending.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No problem with mine - but I get AMs from other places, not Shell.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    No problem with mine - but I get AMs from other places, not Shell.
    I should clarify... i do as well... such as buying groceries, and vendors through AirMilesShops -- and those havent appear either, but I hit Shell every single day.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Maybe shell changed its limit?

Example, Rona only takes air miles over $20 before tax
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Maybe shell changed its limit?

Example, Rona only takes air miles over $20 before tax

I've been doing this a while now. I can assure you that Shell hasnt changed anything.

It's 1 mile for 15L or more at Shell and as I said... my receipts all tell me that I earned X# miles (10 miles, 25 miles, whatever it is at that time)... so I know I'm earning miles.

Also as I mentioned, I'm not just shopping at Shell but I do swipe there every day, so I usually see miles added to my account almost daily.... I'm not seeing my Miles from ANY of the vendors I shop at either. I just mentioned Shell because that's where I swipe everyday.

The problem isnt Shell, it's Airmiles not posting them to my account.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Nov 18th, 2016 at 05:59 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are receiving points on a daily basis. I received airmiles points to my account last night from shopping online on Saturday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Isnt airmiles shutting down at the end of the year or beginning of the new year?
    No airmiles not shutting down.. some of your points might or might not .. accord to when you redeem your last points .. some could expire last of December2016and you mighten lose any .. after 5 years accumulated points .. some might expire .. check it out see where you stands with your points .. so you don't lose what you earn
    Ciel, maple7 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think all you can do is keep all of your receipts and wait the 60 days to call Airmiles.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have not received miles from shell since oct 23rd. Still waiting for miles since then. Hopefully they will be added soon.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd suggest contacting Shell to see if they changed when they post points through Air Miles. Either the frequency has changed to weekly or similar or there is a glitch in the system somewhere.

Sobeys does take awhile to post AM to one's account. I just waited about two weeks to see the bonus AM from my shop two weeks ago.

Rexall and LCBO post AM to one's AM account the day after. Did not know one of LCBO canned bevvies yesterday had a bonus point (did not check receipt) when I bought it except when I logged into Air Miles today to see if the Sobeys points were posted.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Decided to search for Shell Canada's page on Air Miles.

The bonus AM can have a lag time of up to three months. But I don't see a similar claim for base AM.
    http://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/...air-miles.html

Still think you should contact Shell. Let's see what their social pages show:
    Nothing on Facebook except someone having issues with their Shell card. Twitter-no mention of Air Miles.

Current bonus AM offers at Shell: http://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/...air-miles.html
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Air Miles is bad at stealing miles, especially bonus miles. They expect you to forget about it and not keep your receipts.

Especially the bonus stuff that shows up after 60 or 90 days ! Its your word against theirs and takes a life time to get the missing miles credited back.

but regular day to day miles they are normally good at.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Is it a particular Shell station where you normally fill ? Or the same no matter which location you fill at ?
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information