User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: Redemption is November 26th & 27th - but not a typical bonus redemption!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyak View Post
    I read the terms and conditions recently. You can do two redemptions per day.
    It has ALWAYS said maximum 2 redemptions per day, but I have done 4 in a day at least 3 times where you get $210 for 95,000 points. But with this redemption it looks like I'm probably out of luck, as they will probably issue a maximum of 2 of the extra points per day......though that being said, I supposed I could redeem over 2 days (do 2 Saturday then 2 Sunday)
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brit2010 View Post
    Has anyone used coupons whilst redeeming? I read that you have to redeem first, otherwise once a coupon has been entered the system won't process a redemption...

YES! This is very true. I do it all the time. VERY important to redeem points FIRST and then use your coupons (since coupons are tender). As an added bonus, this means you can use your coupons to cover tax and deposits
    barbis9 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FYI - the internal memo specifically says "If a customer makes 2 redemptions within 1 day, they will receive the bonus points back for both redemptions. As per the T&C, they cannot make more than 2 redemptions per day at any level". Therefore, beware that if doing more than 2 redemptions in a day, you may not get the bonus back if you do more than 2 a day!
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The__Rock View Post
    FYI - the internal memo specifically says "If a customer makes 2 redemptions within 1 day, they will receive the bonus points back for both redemptions. As per the T&C, they cannot make more than 2 redemptions per day at any level". Therefore, beware that if doing more than 2 redemptions in a day, you may not get the bonus back if you do more than 2 a day!
    Fantastic!

Just what I wanted to confirm. I will do maybe 2 Saturday morning, then 2 Sunday night.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Can redeem points toward gift cards to other stores ?
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Can redeem points toward gift cards to other stores ?
    No. Never.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Purdee and barbis9 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I include $75 worth of Biotherm in my $170 redemption will I still receive the "8000bp WUS $75 on Biotherm" in store offer? I usually redeem for electronics but this year I can't find what I want (NES Classic Edition) and I don't think SDM will carry it

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    YES! This is very true. I do it all the time. VERY important to redeem points FIRST and then use your coupons (since coupons are tender). As an added bonus, this means you can use your coupons to cover tax and deposits
    So, does this mean that if, just as an example, my total comes to $180 plus $10 tax = $190 and I have $20 in coupons, I would:

- first, redeem 95,000 points = $170

- second, hand over my $20 in coupons and it would cover my additional $10 ($180 - $170 redemption) + $10 tax

and I would end up with a zero balance?
    barbis9, nalaric and momi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    So, does this mean that if, just as an example, my total comes to $180 plus $10 tax = $190 and I have $20 in coupons, I would:

- first, redeem 95,000 points = $170

- second, hand over my $20 in coupons and it would cover my additional $10 ($180 - $170 redemption) + $10 tax

and I would end up with a zero balance?
    Yes

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Thanks, momi! I like the new system!
    barbis9 and momi like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    If I include $75 worth of Biotherm in my $170 redemption will I still receive the "8000bp WUS $75 on Biotherm" in store offer? I usually redeem for electronics but this year I can't find what I want (NES Classic Edition) and I don't think SDM will carry it
    I did a redemption last year for Lancome skincare and there was a 10,000 pts wus $100 ($75?) on Lancome offer and I received the points - they showed up on the receipt immediately. But the Biotherm offer says after discounts and redemptions and before taxes, so Im not sure (I don’t remember the details of the Lancome offer). My feeling is that it should work - but there is a chance it may not. If you decide to risk it, my suggestion is to ask them to scan your card at the start of the transaction. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Nov 24th, 2016 at 02:34 AM.
    barbis9, nash0109, samm07 and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I did a redemption last year for Lancome skincare and there was a 10,000 pts wus $100 ($75?) on Lancome offer and I received the points - they showed up on the receipt immediately. But the Biotherm offer says after discounts and redemptions and before taxes, so Im not sure (I don’t remember the details of the Lancome offer). My feeling is that it should work - but there is a chance it may not. If you decide to risk it, my suggestion is to ask them to scan your card at the start of the transaction. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

Silk
    Thanks so much! If I decide to try I'll post the results

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did anyone get their points automatically back? The cashier told me that I have to wait for my 30,000 points to be applied....I just wanna check to see if she was correct. Was she suppose to enter a special code to make the points appear automatically?

Thanks a bunch!
    barbis9 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    Did anyone get their points automatically back? The cashier told me that I have to wait for my 30,000 points to be applied....I just wanna check to see if she was correct. Was she suppose to enter a special code to make the points appear automatically?

Thanks a bunch!
    dec 12th
    sampler, barbis9 and Tommycoupons like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally have my receipt to post my redemption. I had a very hard time redeeming this past weekend. I have decided my SDM sucks! I redeemed a few weeks ago but went to the city and after visiting 6 Shoppers I finally found once with good deals/gifts and redeemed for $170.00. This past weekend I planned to redeem the same amount but they were out of a few high value items and I really was going to just skip it but figured it was still good to redeem for $85 and get the bonus pts back. So that's what I did.

Here was my little haul:

Book for DS
    3 x MM drinking boxes
    Alarm clock for DS
    Ky lube (lol Doing rebate- will get $13.26 back)
    3x mozz cheese
    Milk (had 20x pt offer)
    2 x dozen eggs
    5 x Kotex tampons
    Carlton Anniversary card for my honey
    facial tissue 6pk
    Paper towels
    toilet paper

Used $12.50 in coupons. Total after coupons/redemption was $7.05. (used Gift card I bought during GIFT Card promo) Will get back $13.26 from rebate.
    So pretty boring but a few gifts and household items.
    Silk, Tweets77 and samm07 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information