User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: Redemption is November 26th & 27th - but not a typical bonus redemption!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Redemption Saturday & Sunday, Nov 26 and 27

Spend 50,000 points, get back $20 in points - a $105 value

Spend 95,000 points, get back $40 in points - a $210 value

A manager told me this at one store, and I confirmed it with a supervisor at another store. In the second store, I actually saw it in writing as I was able to look at a copy of the memo sent to the stores.

One manager *thinks* this is the way future redemptions will go, same for other promotions - like apparently the GC for seniors has been replaced by points.

Note: There was no info when the points would be awarded (immediately or later) and exactly how many points will be given for the $20/$40. My understanding is that points will be pro-rated in the same way as they are for everyday redemptions, as shown on the back of the receipts.

So, how do you feel about this change?

Fyi, the weekend of November 19th is the Super Sale. There was no mention of electronics, but that’s what it has been in the past.

Please don’t shoot the messenger But I welcome flowers and hugs

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm good with it... But I also don't usually buy bigger ticket items. I'm just happy for a bonus :D
    Silk, Angela273, barbis9 and 8 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm good too, depending on the amounts credited back, I think we are going to come out ahead over a 95K/$200 and 50k/$100 mega redemption, except for large purchases of course. I do large item purchases but I still see this as a gain.

The last seniors day promo (over the normal 20%), the $10 gc was replaced with 8k points. I'm absolutely ok with this, 8k is worth more like $14 to me, gc have deadlines and often difficult to combine with other programs. Having said that, dh turned 55 in May this year and I haven't managed to get him to one seniors day!

The other good thing I see here is SDM wants to keep us in the points program ie. anyone planning to use this promo to empty their points account will still have points. I see that as possibly a further committment to keeping the program around.

Can't wait for Cyn's flyers!!!
    Thumpersmom, dagney, Silk and 13 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

thanks OP
    looks like this is their Black Friday weekend sale
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    thanks OP
    looks like this is their Black Friday weekend sale
    You’re welcome, Shwa Girl Thanks for the thanks

Silk
    barbis9, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is me. I was hoping to use up all my points. Wish I had gotten the chance to change them over to PC points

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post

The other good thing I see here is SDM wants to keep us in the points program ie. anyone planning to use this promo to empty their points account will still have points. I see that as possibly a further committment to keeping the program around.

Can't wait for Cyn's flyers!!!
    uanoor, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks, Silk-way to go! You've given members lead time to plan strategy and lists with the information provided.
    Silk, barbis9, seylz_gurl and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    This is me. I was hoping to use up all my points. Wish I had gotten the chance to change them over to PC points
    If you are someone that likes to shop clearances, this still isn't too bad. I hold back 1.5 redemptions at Christmas for after Christmas clearance, redeeming in January when the bills are coming in from Christmas and occasionally for an item for daughters since Christmas is over and they can pick it out (rather than trying to keep it a secret).
    Silk, barbis9, csaund21 and 4 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Redemption Saturday & Sunday, Nov 26 and 27

Spend 50,000 points, get back $20 in points - a $105 value

Spend 95,000 points, get back $40 in points - a $210 value

A manager told me this at one store, and I confirmed it with a supervisor at another store. In the second store, I actually saw it in writing as I was able to look at a copy of the memo sent to the stores.

One manager *thinks* this is the way future redemptions will go, same for other promotions - like apparently the GC for seniors has been replaced by points.

Note: There was no info when the points would be awarded (immediately or later) and exactly how many points will be given for the $20/$40. My understanding is that points will be pro-rated in the same way as they are for everyday redemptions, as shown on the back of the receipts.

So, how do you feel about this change?

Fyi, the weekend of November 19th is the Super Sale. There was no mention of electronics, but that’s what it has been in the past.

Please don’t shoot the messenger But I welcome flowers and hugs

Silk
    oooh-I'm curious what they will consider as $40 in pts? 8000 is $10, and 22000 is $30, so is it going to be spend 95k get 30k back? That would be AWESOME!!! One can hope! It's been along time since we were able to redeem for that. That's a $248 value on 95k! And then if they say 8000 is $10, so 16 000 is $20 worth, then we'd be redeeming for $85 for 34k, a $237 value. I might use all 5 of my redemptions at that rate. (LOL, not likely - I always like to have a redemption or two available just in case) Really hope it's Saturday sales to go with the redemption, as I don't shop on Sunday's. But I'm not holding my breath for that one.
    dagney, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's almost a better deal because unless you're only buying tax free items, you end up spending the extra redemption amount in taxes anyway.
    That being said, depending on prices(I want gift sets and toys), I'll probably do a big redemption next weekend and save my smaller one for redemption weekend(all I want from that one is make up lol).
    Silk, barbis9, seylz_gurl and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    That's almost a better deal because unless you're only buying tax free items, you end up spending the extra redemption amount in taxes anyway.
    That being said, depending on prices(I want gift sets and toys), I'll probably do a big redemption next weekend and save my smaller one for redemption weekend(all I want from that one is make up lol).
    Unless things have changed back, you can use your coupons to cover the taxes, this started this year with the new system changes. Example, spend $85, have $11 in coupons and all taxable items so taxes come to $11. Redeem $85 (done before coupons and payment now), then coupons are entered and balance goes to 0.
    Silk, barbis9, renegado and 6 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Thanks, Silk-way to go! You've given members lead time to plan strategy and lists with the information provided.
    You’re welcome, Ciel Yes, I hope the early notice helps everyone have a great redemption!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Nov 13th, 2016 at 01:02 AM.
    barbis9, dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmmm .....I will have 5 max redemptions I could do.....and was planning to do 3 or 4. I'll have to look at the fine print - because often they would limit the "points back" to 1 or maybe 2 transactions. I wonder if the points back will be automatic or if they will be awarded on a different day. If they are awarded automatically might be okay.
    Purdee, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm actually OK with this! Depending on the points rewarded back, the points should be worth more (as stated above) plus I'm not buying anything big this year just smaller items, makeup, face creams, some toys, hats, mittens and food. So I'm very happy with this so far. Thanks for posting
    Silk, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Great news, thanks Silk.
    Silk, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information