User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Scrooge is alive and well and running our Optimum Program....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Only three Optium offers this week on odd products I never use.
    Me too.
    barbis9 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I get 4-5 point offers a week. Mostly buy $30 and get x points which is usually lower than 20 x.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Thank you for explaining! I agree with the double dipping to get the $132, and that it should probably be $125, a $40 bonus at that particular redemption level ($85 for 34000 points). The value wouldn't actually be higher if you redeem at 95k for $200, since that would only be a $33.68 bonus. The only value that would be higher is if you redeem like we did last weekend, at $170 for 65000, then it would be a $41.85 bonus, not a significant difference.

Thanks for the fun math debate
    You're welcome Hmm, fun and math in the same sentence - that's not something you'd hear from me very often lol

However, it still makes more sense to me to think in terms of the value of the 16,000 pts = $32 when you redeem at a level where 50,000 pts = $100 If I redeem where 50,000 pts = $85, they are worth a little less, etc. (I won't do the math here). I like knowing the exact value I am getting per point that I spend

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Dec 5th, 2016 at 04:17 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    You're welcome Hmm, fun and math in the same sentence - that's not something you'd hear from me very often lol

However, it still makes more sense to me to think in terms of the value of the 16,000 pts = $32 when you redeem at a level where 50,000 pts = $100 If I redeem where 50,000 pts = $85, they are worth a little less, etc. (I won't do the math here). I like knowing the exact value I am getting per point that I spend

Silk
    Ha ha, I love math. (which is why I became a Math teacher Although right now I'm just a substitute teacher and SAHM, so using my brain to figure this stuff out has been fun!) $32 also makes perfect sense, with how you explain it. Like I said earlier, everyone has different ways they calculate what their points are worth, and may see things a little differently. But I think we can all agree, it's a pretty awesome rewards program, and we all love bonus redemptions! Have a great week, and stay warm - gonna be -20 here this week. Brrrr
    Silk, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Ha ha, I love math. (which is why I became a Math teacher Although right now I'm just a substitute teacher and SAHM, so using my brain to figure this stuff out has been fun!) $32 also makes perfect sense, with how you explain it. Like I said earlier, everyone has different ways they calculate what their points are worth, and may see things a little differently. But I think we can all agree, it's a pretty awesome rewards program, and we all love bonus redemptions! Have a great week, and stay warm - gonna be -20 here this week. Brrrr
    Yes, definitely the best loyalty program out there right now, imo

A math teacher, eh? Ok, now I know who to turn to when I have a calculation that stumps me

Temps aren't suppose to get that cold here this week but we had a snowstorm today!

Keep warm and hope you have a great week too, Nalaric

Silk
    barbis9, Ciel and nalaric like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information