User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday, everyone!

barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I redeemed $50 in PC Plus points last night for a NF gc. They were out of stock of their blocks of regular Philadelphia cream cheese. I'll have to stop back later in the week to get this great deal.
    4x $2.97 - $1 coup + 600pts + 600pts = $0.77 each after point value.

Here's a question. My two personal points offers are 600pts per $3, do you think I will get all the points in 4 blocks, or would I need to buy one more in order to make up for the $0.12 less than a $3 increment in order to make sure that I get those points? I'm not sure if I would buy the extra one, but best to know in advance.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela I have heard people say that PC Plus rounds up on purchases but personally it has never happened for me. If I have to send $2 and the item is $1.99 I only get the point if I buy 2 and only get the points once.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-enjoy your year off!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes sweetsparrow enjoy your year off
    -ssssoooo tired watched both grandkids yesterday different times -first got to my daughters at 9.30 so Sebastian was just going to sleep in his swing (he loves motion) off she went for a much needed massage and hot pool spa -I didn't spoil him either feed him his breast milk in the bottle ,then put him on play mat -his smile is so sweet -and he is trying to babble -he will be 3 months on dec13-then took him outside on the condo balcony (all dressed warm for about 15 minutes ,then back down asleep til daughter came in at 3.30 -he wasn't fussy for me
    -then we waited til 5.10 to leave Toronto to pick up ashlyn at her other grandparents (ride home still took 2 hours)got ashlyn at 7.00 grabbed a little cesar's pizza,ashlyn didn't want any part of going to bed at 8.30 "a few more minutes nana" so off she went at 8.40 and she asked for light on in the hallway with her door closed so I did-up at 7.00 a.m but I still woke up at 5.00 a.m -then go go go -she wants to colour ,tried to get her to help put ornaments on the tree(she did 2 then took off)son picked her up at 10.30
    -so hubby laid down for a nap -not me went to rexall for my prescription and spent 63.00 on xmas candy socks,treats for xmas and pop and a few other items-got 68 airmiles today thou
    -supper tonight fries ,bbq hamburgers and salad
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 3rd, 2016 at 05:42 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yes sweetsparrow enjoy your year off
    -ssssoooo tired watched both grandkids yesterday different times -first got to my daughters at 9.30 so Sebastian was just going to sleep in his swing (he loves motion) off she went for a much needed massage and hot pool spa -I didn't spoil him either feed him his breast milk in the bottle ,then put him on play mat -his smile is so sweet -and he is trying to babble -he will be 3 months on dec13-then took him outside on the condo balcony (all dressed warm for about 15 minutes ,then back down asleep til daughter came in at 3.30 -he wasn't fussy for me
    -then we waited til 5.10 to leave Toronto to pick up ashlyn at her other grandparents (ride home still took 2 hours)got ashlyn at 7.00 grabbed a little cesar's pizza,ashlyn didn't want any part of going to bed at 8.30 "a few more minutes nana" so off she went at 8.40 and she asked for light on in the hallway with her door closed so I did-up at 7.00 a.m but I still woke up at 5.00 a.m -then go go go -she wants to colour ,tried to get her to help put ornaments on the tree(she did 2 then took off)son picked her up at 10.30
    -so hubby laid down for a nap -not me went to rexall for my prescription and spent 63.00 on xmas candy socks,treats for xmas and pop and a few other items-got 65 airmiles today thou
    -supper tonight fries ,bbq hamburgers and salad

LOVED the details of your day as you and DH were the busiest baby sitting grandparents! Man they sure filled your day and night up eh? So cute!! Also chuckled at you heading out to shop after!! ha ha ha
    I made soup this afternoon....that was it.

tee hee.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thursday I found out the Rexall flyer had ended the day before , so no 99 cent pop for me. Decided I had to make the walk worthwhile so treated the kid in me to candy. Yes, Starburst candy, Skittles (Tropical flavour-yum) and cranberry trail mix plus a scratch lottery ticket. Won my $2 back and spent it on pasta at Food Basics and a Kit Kat bar (on sale-could not resist).
    Today, made sure to get popcorn and a few grocery items (napa cabbage for snacking later). I popped two bowls of popcorn (with butter) -the second bowl actually made it just past the opening sequence of Star Trek Beyond (library dvd hold came so no need to see the film at a library branch tomorrow). I marvel at the willingness of actors to throw themselves around for action sequences. Think Simon Pegg was in his writing element with his character speaking Scottish with Jaylee. Her character had some lines that could cut glass. Overall, the first 45minute of the movie, I got the impression I was watching parts of Big Hero 6, Babylon 5, Alien Nation and one more sci-fi franchise all rolled into the storylines. Big round of applause to the creative & technical teams for juggling all those details to make everything seem plausible. Yes, I liked the Beastie Boys song!

The Nexxus items on sale at Fortinos are not ones I was considering to get-truly the flyer copy does mean selected items. I'd like to get the in-store 500 PC Plus points with purchase and use the coupon-will have to try another location or even a different store. My usual Rexall location no longer has any Nexxus items in the clearance area, which is now a holiday item endcap.

Longos has a magazine archive from 2009-2015 (longos.com, click Recipes>Experience magazine) and I'm looking for recipes. The Holiday 2016 issue's recipes are linked there. However, Holiday 2015 has a hoisin sauce & Dr. Pepper ham-the pineapple slices have to marinate for 12h or overnight before the ham can be baked, if you are keen to put a 2L bottle of pop to use for a holiday meal. Also saw a chunky breakfast cookie recipe-like the idea of breakfast in that form. I found a wild rice, lentils and pecan pilaf recipe from 2009 and bought some Cdn wild rice ($5.49 for 250g so it better taste great) to make the dish tomorrow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I redeemed $50 in PC Plus points last night for a NF gc. They were out of stock of their blocks of regular Philadelphia cream cheese. I'll have to stop back later in the week to get this great deal.
    4x $2.97 - $1 coup + 600pts + 600pts = $0.77 each after point value.

Here's a question. My two personal points offers are 600pts per $3, do you think I will get all the points in 4 blocks, or would I need to buy one more in order to make up for the $0.12 less than a $3 increment in order to make sure that I get those points? I'm not sure if I would buy the extra one, but best to know in advance.
    I heard from PC Plus that if the number is 0.97 or more, it will be rounded up. If not, you can always put though an inquiry.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-darn it the red shirt (heavy flannel ) from the gap doesn't fit hubby -wanted it for xmas day -oh well saving 32.00 as hubby doesn't want another one he is very frugal when it comes to clothing and wears his shirts into the ground -well at least he has the blue gap shirt cotton I paid 17.00 for last month (I want him to look nice in new clothing as i am over the holidays )
    -just drove to value village and donated 3 bags got 3 stamps -just finished a library book the "joy of less " and I am gonna implement that in our life next year -more stuff on kijiji to sell and more donations too -oh and of course more thrift shopping also
    -I got a beautifull blouse from the gap the other day a smock type -100% polyester navy blue -reg 64 I paid 22.00 after using gap bucks and it also went on sale so I called and they credited my account with the 6.82
    -doing 3 loads of laundry
    -supper is chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes and brocolli

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The washing machine died on Friday night with the teens uniform in it and it won't drain. Dh thinks the repair is beyond him so a repair guy is combining Monday. I was really not planning on a new washing machine this year. But this one is close to 20 yrs old so I may not have a choice.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is my current list of gifts, both purchased and ideas of things to look for. It does not mean that we will get everything.

4yr old son
    Magic sparkle wand - bought one from Dollarama, but haven't been able to find a new replacement one
    Light up bouncy ball
    Rechargeable AA & AAA batteries
    Yo-yo (Dollarama $3) - Got it
    Spiderman puzzle (Dollarama $1.50) - got it
    Electric toothbrush (Pharmasave - $5 coup) - got it
    Jumping plastic frog
    New Cars jacket ($10, bought second hand but in excellent shape) - got it
    Body wash, shampoo, bubble bath
    Magic tracks x2 + fire truck & police car - ordered Dec 1
    https://www.magictrack.ca/?gclid=CPv...FQEEaQodYCABjw

16 month baby boy
    Baby toothbrush (Wal-Mart) - got it
    Toy car keys with sound effects

16 month baby girl
    Baby toothbrush (Wal-Mart) - got it
    Doll stroller ($5 second hand, couldn't find new in town) - got it
    dolls are only 11 inches long.
    Small baby girl hair clips or elastics

Me
    Good smoothie blender
    Phone charger cords
    New mesh laundry bags
    Small spring form pans to use in my new instant pot

Dh
    Phone charger cords
    Key finder device
    Blue shirts
    Leather Wallet - got it
    New otter box defender case

Our 2 adult cats - son wants to feed them more treats.
    Temptations Cat Treats (Sobeys - $0.50 CO51) - got it

Sister in University
    $25gc to Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap (Pampers rewards points on clearance) - got it
    home made Christmas treats - will bake these personally
    family pictures - ordered

Martied couple of friends
    $25gc to Red Lobster (Pampers rewards points on clearance) - got it.

Family portraits and Christmas cards for other family members.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like everyone weekend is productive. I cannot believe December is upon us, I am busy with studying for exams and work, and also buying presents. Yay me. I did find a great deal on chokers at Claires yesterday, so another gift done.
    Last edited by ashp; Sun, Dec 4th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-I have 2 friends who bought a Juke this summer and seem to like them-one commented that she had a Nissan Murano before and the gas mileage was about double. I have been in one-not super roomy inside if you had 5 people but I think 4 is okay-I guess you would just have to try having your whole family inside and see how it felt and checking the storage room etc. I personally think they are a little different looking on the outside, but I guess it it just a matter of personal taste-everyone goes for a different looking vehicle for sure.
    @lizzie bargain thanks for the feedback. Can you clarify which uses more gas per mileage The Juke or The Murano, The murano is larger than the Juke that's why I'm asking ?
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    The washing machine died on Friday night with the teens uniform in it and it won't drain. Dh thinks the repair is beyond him so a repair guy is combining Monday. I was really not planning on a new washing machine this year. But this one is close to 20 yrs old so I may not have a choice.
    Same thing happened a year or so ago, it's the switch on the lid....that is if you have the old type washer like me (not front load). Hope it's this as it's not expensive to fix.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Defrosted the stand up freezer this am, looks great.

Made 2 peach cobblers for breakfasts & desserts

Supper was roast pork, homemade gravy and mashed potatoes.

__________________-

Wishing everyone a great evening and a frugal week ahead.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information