User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! Hope everyone stays warm - and for those of you with big snowfall, take it easy!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love caturday's and Ellen. Ellen had a message for my boyfriend and I on tv. He's now my ex. She's too funny!
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had two pickups yesterday for a total of $11. I have two pickups arranged for this afternoon for a total of $9. Most of this is for children/baby shoes that we don't need.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Snow shovelling in the morning (today and yesterday)-am expecting the curled roof snow on both sides to hit the ground today after two days of being frozen. Made a channel in the snow if the downspouts have a lot of water runoff today. Sunday is to be another cold day (there will be popcorn made as I'm out of chestnuts to put into the new pan).
    Yesterday afternoon, I washed a couple of dining room walls, washed the floor and exteriors of the garbage/recycling/green cart bins and lid undersides, and scraped off the old masking tape on the vinyl flooring and put down fresh tape (all the better not to snag anyone's socks at the seams of the flooring). Tape adhesive certainly dries out rather quickly 3-4months after use.
    Made it to the library to return some items that are due and to read two days' of Hamilton and Toronto newspapers. Sitting by the fireplace in a club chair is coffee-shop luxe enough for me!
    The winter boots have proven their warmth and usefulness this week given the windchills and the snow. I'll be surprised if the boots still have heels left by spring for possible use next winter. I've cut back on my walks so the wear should be more even through the cold months.

@jasperandchar -I like the collage idea as your DH's shopping list. Visual aids work! I've torn out flyer pages or sections and paperclipped them to my list if I need to see them in store prior to making a purchase (if uncertain whether those items suit or not).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 major thumbs-up on helping the dog in the cold! You seem to be willing to help no matter that you have a van full of kids with you when you see a situation to assist with. Hope the dog's family ensured the gate won't be left open so easily in the future.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Visited with my elderly mother today and she was emotionally spent. She struggles with fractures in her spine because of osteoporosis and rods/pins in her back due to a car accident many years ago. She is in chronic pain but soldiers on. She was told by a SIL via phone that there is no reason she can not travel to their place. REALLY? I am beyond frustrated that my mom gets such heartless treatment from those who rarely see her. She has a difficult time being in a car for any length of time but they will tell her how she is supposed to feel. When my mother told me this, it ruined my day - how do you deal with siblings like that....just ignore them I suppose and do the best for my mom....sigh...
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Our out of town company has arrived and will stay over tonight and then a couple more nights on Xmas night. Today I received invites from 2 close friends for Xmas eve and Xmas dinner, so I don't think we will miss out on too much with DD away. DD's host emailed me a pic of DD out shopping for a grad dress-it really was nice but I asked her friends Mum to negotiate for a better price as we all know how expensive they are-she managed to get it for less than 1/3 of the marked price so I was very happy about that and DD loves her choice so a frugal win-win as we would need to buy one here by June anyway.
    Our friends are heading to a condo they rented in the mountains tomorrow so I may join them for a couple of days next week before their kids arrive for Xmas- DH is still working so he can't come-and the weather is really warming up finally! We have been cracking up ever since they arrived-we have a ton of fun whenever we get together!Also my sister and BIL are enroute from BA tonight so we will spend some time visiting with them too over the next couple of weeks. Hope everyone is staying warm.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Dec 17th, 2016 at 09:42 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi!

Was up really early, so before 5 I had chicken soup on to cook - the chicken is huge, so I took the breast off and that's roasting.
    Too many lovely smells for this time of the day!

Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliemadden View Post
    Does salvation give any discounts to those who donate?
    I don't know - you would have to call them. I'm just volunteering for the Christmas kettle campaign as they need people to help.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! The house is quiet but I guess I better get up. Need some fresh groceries. Hockey game today at our arena which is nice. It looks cold out! Bed is so warm I don't want to get out!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Just working on my final list of what needs to be done before Christmas. The youngest boy has a few things to wrap and I have a few more gift to purchase. I am so proud of our oldest. He created a budget and bought gifts to give to his grandparents, his brother and DH & I and he then wrapped the gifts last night.
    I am so glad I put snow tires on this year, what a winter and its not even winter yet.
    Today I am working on the Christmas cards for family as I need to cut the school photos apart and make sure everyone gets a photo. Hard to imagine I have only 1 more year of this for the oldest. I also have three pick-ups scheduled nd a few to list before the holidays.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-made homemade potatoe soup yesterday
    -now I have a cold -darn it all it never ends -I am taking emerg -c and probiotics to build myself back up but then again ashlyn had a cold last week
    -today just made some cookies to take to my daughter's -jam thimbles -love them mom use to make them

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Quiet day here, we had a no show, someone was supposed to purchase 1 cord of kindling from the kids today and well after her making a fuss about which one she wanted, she never showed. So needless to say both boys are disappointed but I'm using this as a life lesson, that we should never count our chickens before they hatch and that some people don't have the common courteousy to send a message saying they will not be coming. It still sucks for the kids, oh well.

Dh picked up FIL's gifts last night while he and ds1 went to see Star Wars, so FIL is all done.

I'm really still struggling with our 13 year old, he doesn't really have anything left on his list and he's a miser so we don't like to give him money because he will not spend it. He likes to cook so I was thinking perhaps a waffle maker BUT with him you never know. A couple years ago DH got him a Cusinart Ice cream maker he uses it about 4-5 times a year BUT I am just so torn. Dh says not to worry about it and give him money BUT dh also knows how Logan is so...

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & weekend.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I picked up a few things today. Does anyone like/have a Pizza Delight? Every year they have a promo, buy a GC for $30 or more and get a coupon for a free 12" 3 topping pizza. They have a free bread station (grill your own bread and butter/garlic butter etc. We usually go the one time and buy a salad, redeem for pizza and eat free bread. Then we have just over $20 left on GC to use towards pizza take out (they usually have good deals. 2 x 3 topping pizzas for $19.99. I just bought it for us to use but in years past I have bought for gifts.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Quiet day here, we had a no show, someone was supposed to purchase 1 cord of kindling from the kids today and well after her making a fuss about which one she wanted, she never showed. So needless to say both boys are disappointed but I'm using this as a life lesson, that we should never count our chickens before they hatch and that some people don't have the common courteousy to send a message saying they will not be coming. It still sucks for the kids, oh well.

Dh picked up FIL's gifts last night while he and ds1 went to see Star Wars, so FIL is all done.

I'm really still struggling with our 13 year old, he doesn't really have anything left on his list and he's a miser so we don't like to give him money because he will not spend it. He likes to cook so I was thinking perhaps a waffle maker BUT with him you never know. A couple years ago DH got him a Cusinart Ice cream maker he uses it about 4-5 times a year BUT I am just so torn. Dh says not to worry about it and give him money BUT dh also knows how Logan is so...

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & weekend.
    How about a blender or one of those mini processing machines? If he likes to cook maybe some cookbooks? I buy iTunes cards as it seems most kids loves the apps that are available for their ipod, ipad or similar.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information