User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Airmiles cancellation policy for Jan 1st - CANCELLED

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    According to CBC Marketplace and internal AM documents they saw, Air Miles is planning to devalue the points in the near future. So, for example, if a vacuum cleaner was 750 AM (example only) it may take 950 AM redeemed in the future. Again, example only.
    I heard that too. You can't win with AirMiles, eh? I mean, I tried for hours on end to use them to go to BC, but could not find AN-Y-THING. It was so frustrating. I was saving them up, thinking that I could fly out to see some cherished family; no such luck. So I ended up using the airpiles for more stuff to clutter up my already-full house. They should offer very large jars of Tylenol to use these rewards for. (Mind you, the way they're going, I see the potential of an offer for 10 tablets for 1000 AirMiles.)
    Silk and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    According to CBC Marketplace and internal AM documents they saw, Air Miles is planning to devalue the points in the near future. So, for example, if a vacuum cleaner was 750 AM (example only) it may take 950 AM redeemed in the future. Again, example only.
    I haven't seen the show yet - will watch it online - but I read the following article which discusses the motive behind the Cash and Dream accounts. I try not to curse in print, so I'll say no more...

The People vs. Air Miles What You Didn't See On CBC Marketplace:

http://www.rewardscardscanada.com/pe...-marketplace/#

Also interesting:

Air Miles reversal is a ‘bogus victory’

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle33134906/

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Dec 5th, 2016 at 01:54 AM.
    Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    i was about to redeem my dream miles for a vaccuum that we don't need - we have no carpet in our home LOL
    Thanks for the laugh - you made my night!

Silk
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    i was about to redeem my dream miles for a vaccuum that we don't need - we have no carpet in our home LOL
    luckily i heard this on the local news so i'll keep saving my dream miles and hopefully when my baby girl is old enough we would have enough miles for a free trip to disney.
    i did changed my preference to cash miles at the beginning of the year thinking there's no way i can collect enough dream miles within 5 yrs. so i guess now i have to change my preference back to dream miles. GRRR. I agree with other SCers - this dream vs cash miles is stupid!!
    at one point i looked into transferring my miles to my dad until i found out there's a fee for that too!!
    i don't like air miles anymore, i only collect them if the stuff i buy has air miles offer but i don't go out of my way to collect them but they really have lost my trust
    The CBC reporter asked the group if someone would donate their points to one person to help him get his reward. Michael (the one that took the AM issue to the BBB and legislature) said AM charges 15 cents per mile to transfer them to someone else. The man trying for a tv was shocked to hear that. I guess the reporter did not know that detail or was trying to draw attention to the fee for mile transfer aspect.
    GatineauGirl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information