User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ashp
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: QOTD:Black Friday/Cyber Monday- happy?sad?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We made it through Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
    Do you the sales were good this year? Happy with your deals? If not, why not?

BTW, Free Shipping Day is coming soon - Friday December 12
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Got a few things I wanted, free shipping won me over for several of them.

The upcoming "free shipping day" was a bust for me the last few years, no deals.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was happy with my deals but I wasn't wowed by sales. I did buy most of my presents on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but past years have been better. I bought mostly from places that don't usually have sales on their regular price items like Forever 21 and cosmetics from the Bay.

Free Shipping Day is totally new to me, so I don't have experiences for that. Are there usually sales with free shipping?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    I was happy with my deals but I wasn't wowed by sales. I did buy most of my presents on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but past years have been better. I bought mostly from places that don't usually have sales on their regular price items like Forever 21 and cosmetics from the Bay.

Free Shipping Day is totally new to me, so I don't have experiences for that. Are there usually sales with free shipping?
    Free Shipping Day can be a hit or a miss. If the prices are lower than usual, adding free shipping makes it a good deal. If they inflate the price and add free shipping, it's not a deal.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the only thing that annoyed us was strolling through Sears on Cyber Monday ( not intending to shop there as we were simply on our way into the mall ) BUT....saw lovely sales on some chocolates , cookies, candies made in England, so we grabbed a few of this and that.
    Then, DH and I walked and walked to find the end of the line to pay, OMG! it snaked around and around. PFFT! fugget about it....no treats are worth that kind of time to me.
    So Cyber Monday was a bust IN the stores, but online was perfectly stress free and worth it!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    the only thing that annoyed us was strolling through Sears on Cyber Monday ( not intending to shop there as we were simply on our way into the mall ) BUT....saw lovely sales on some chocolates , cookies, candies made in England, so we grabbed a few of this and that.
    Then, DH and I walked and walked to find the end of the line to pay, OMG! it snaked around and around. PFFT! fugget about it....no treats are worth that kind of time to me.
    So Cyber Monday was a bust IN the stores, but online was perfectly stress free and worth it!
    about line ups - I hear ya
    that factor saved us a lot of $$ --> was able to think about the deal and decide if it was worth the line up and time
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information