User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    no such luck, the driving school just so up on the CC statement for this month. Such is life.
    Lol yes. But think of the points you will get haha.
    wimbly11, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Lol yes. But think of the points you will get haha.
    lol, too funny because I had the same thought.
    wimbly11, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    lol, too funny because I had the same thought.
    I tell myself that so I can see the positive side of the cost of something

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mid-month update:

559 Airmiles ($50 at Foodland/Metro)
    587,515 PC plus #1 ($587.00)
    39,285 PC plus #2 ($39.00)
    229,340 SDM ($400)
    27.15 CT $ on the card
    $20+ Paper CT $

$198.44 moved forward for groceries (spent more then I thought but I did take from grocery $ for other things to balance the budget. I also still have a Foodland GC with Approx. $100 on it.
    $27.30 Moved forward for Misc.

Summer hockey camp booked and paid for for DS.

Credit cards paid in full. CT MC has credit of approx. $65. Building it for a Costco shopping spree.

Planning ahead for upcoming birthdays- 1 item bought/paid for with a plan with friends.(for my honey)

Continuing to sell crap and build our summer fun jar. Sold over $100 this past week. Will post a bunch of new items tonight.

Continue to eat from the deep freeze. Trying not to buy meat etc and using up what we have.

Cooking once and eat a few times on it. Saves hydro and time. And less chances of grabbing take out because I don't feel like cooking.

Happy with the progress. But I am itching to redeem some points. So when my PC plus card #2 hits $40 I am doing a little shopping spree! Get it out of my system.
    End of February update. (no plans for shopping today or tomorrow)

559 Airmiles ($50)
    596,000 PC plus #1 ($596.00)
    39285 PC plus #2 ($39.00)
    248,014 SDM ($435.00)
    28.84 CT $ on the card (won't grow much more now since I am done getting gas here with reduced gift cards)
    $20+ Paper CT $

$250.00 moved forward for groceries
    $77.30 moved forward for Misc.

Went to Costco on weekend, spent $111.00 so put the difference on credit card to pay it off.

Hope to post stuff for sale this evening. Took a break the past week since I wasn't really around for pick ups. Really want to build the summer fun jar.

Not too many changes. Sdm points up a bit for work purchases.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

February Grocery budget came in at $485.57.

March is going to be a Costco shopping trip, we are almost out of a bunch on pantry staples. I decided to meal plan and write out my grocery list for the whole month so that I know how much of our grocery budget I can spend at Costco, and how much I need for regular groceries. Even with the stock-up trip, I want to stay under $500 again in March.

Taxes are already submitted. We only had our T4's and RRSP statements, which made things super simple. Looking forward to a little return that we will split between our vehicle loan and home maintenance budget.

Very happy I declined those 'extras' on our vehicle repair. DB figures he do all the fluid changes and fix the loose part at his shop for a third of the price Then I can 'tip' him for his time & still save money.

Hope everyone has a fantastic March!
    wimbly11, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

End of February update. (no plans for shopping today or tomorrow)

559 Airmiles ($50)
    596,000 PC plus #1 ($596.00)
    39285 PC plus #2 ($39.00)
    248,014 SDM ($435.00)
    28.84 CT $ on the card (won't grow much more now since I am done getting gas here with reduced gift cards)
    $20+ Paper CT $

$250.00 moved forward for groceries
    $77.30 moved forward for Misc.

Went to Costco on weekend, spent $111.00 so put the difference on credit card to pay it off.

Hope to post stuff for sale this evening. Took a break the past week since I wasn't really around for pick ups. Really want to build the summer fun jar.

Not too many changes. Sdm points up a bit for work purchases.
    Mid-March Update.
    Only changes:

$39.50 CT $ on the card
    615,145 PC Plus Card #1
    267,344 SDM points

Moved forward for March 15th-31st budget
    Groceries $327.12
    Misc. $106.85
    Gas $28.85 (My GC's purchased last year are done so back to actually paying for gas

I have $610.00 credit between my 2 credit cards.

Shouldn't have to much spending this period. March break fun is pretty much covered by free comps.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

1/2 way through the month and I feel like our unexpected expenses kicked us in the b@lls, wow. I thought this was going to be a low key month but I guess we didn't get the memo that we were in for a roller coaster ride of crap.

Transferred dh's pay to repay 2 of the remaining accounts we borrowed to purchase the new to us car. There are still 8 paycheques before school lets out for the summer (who's counting) I'm hoping that the repayments will be done by them (that's my goal).

April is going to be an expensive month so I'm not looking forward to next month.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    1/2 way through the month and I feel like our unexpected expenses kicked us in the b@lls, wow. I thought this was going to be a low key month but I guess we didn't get the memo that we were in for a roller coaster ride of crap.

Transferred dh's pay to repay 2 of the remaining accounts we borrowed to purchase the new to us car. There are still 8 paycheques before school lets out for the summer (who's counting) I'm hoping that the repayments will be done by them (that's my goal).

April is going to be an expensive month so I'm not looking forward to next month.
    You are doing great! We have to spend money sometimes, makes the world go round . I had to repay some accounts as well so we should be happy we have that money to work with. I financed my vehicle since it was less interest then what I was making on my money so figured it was a better idea for me. I have 6 payments left (they are huge because I wasn't paying for a car for 7 years lol) So I am excited to have that money free to invest/save for retirement!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

You are doing great! We have to spend money sometimes, makes the world go round . I had to repay some accounts as well so we should be happy we have that money to work with. I financed my vehicle since it was less interest then what I was making on my money so figured it was a better idea for me. I have 6 payments left (they are huge because I wasn't paying for a car for 7 years lol) So I am excited to have that money free to invest/save for retirement!
    Thanks for the encouragement it's greatly appreciated.

Congrats on approaching the finish line for your car payments, I know it's crazy that they have 84 month payment plans, I know it's so that it's more affordable but ty the time the term is done, people are in the market for another vehicle which is disheartening

I was plugging away at April's budget so that I'm ready when the times comes and it's a very expensive month with some trimming to be done, oh well, not going to back up the plan to balance so we need to cut some cost to balance out, oh well.

Hoping everyone is doing great as we are approaching the end of the month in a few weeks

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mid-March Update.
    Only changes:

$39.50 CT $ on the card
    615,145 PC Plus Card #1
    267,344 SDM points

Moved forward for March 15th-31st budget
    Groceries $327.12
    Misc. $106.85
    Gas $28.85 (My GC's purchased last year are done so back to actually paying for gas

I have $610.00 credit between my 2 credit cards.

Shouldn't have to much spending this period. March break fun is pretty much covered by free comps.
    I love seeing your reward balances and credits, you definitely have a system that is working for you and your family.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks for the encouragement it's greatly appreciated.

Congrats on approaching the finish line for your car payments, I know it's crazy that they have 84 month payment plans, I know it's so that it's more affordable but ty the time the term is done, people are in the market for another vehicle which is disheartening

I was plugging away at April's budget so that I'm ready when the times comes and it's a very expensive month with some trimming to be done, oh well, not going to back up the plan to balance so we need to cut some cost to balance out, oh well.

Hoping everyone is doing great as we are approaching the end of the month in a few weeks
    This time of year makes me want to shop for the backyard! I am doing it up this year since I have put it off for years and we really enjoy spending time out there together so it is time! The best part is the dining table we are making that won't cost much at all. And will be fun to make together .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love seeing your reward balances and credits, you definitely have a system that is working for you and your family.
    Thank you! It is fun to watch them build but makes it hard to use them. Soon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

This time of year makes me want to shop for the backyard! I am doing it up this year since I have put it off for years and we really enjoy spending time out there together so it is time! The best part is the dining table we are making that won't cost much at all. And will be fun to make together .
    And you will appreciate it much more

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thank you! It is fun to watch them build but makes it hard to use them. Soon!
    I hear ya, I save all our points for Christmas but I'm worried this year because PC still has the no redeeming pc points for gc policy in effect. I sure hope it is lifted by November. I don't shop all that often at pc stores as RCSS is super far from us and the independent grocers is expensive unless there's a sale so it would take forever to use all my points come Christmas time. I won't shop there to do a big shop as it's far too expensive.

Let's hope they lift the gc redemptions soon as I think I may buy the cards sooner to have them incase they freeze the redeeming again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I hear ya, I save all our points for Christmas but I'm worried this year because PC still has the no redeeming pc points for gc policy in effect. I sure hope it is lifted by November. I don't shop all that often at pc stores as RCSS is super far from us and the independent grocers is expensive unless there's a sale so it would take forever to use all my points come Christmas time. I won't shop there to do a big shop as it's far too expensive.

Let's hope they lift the gc redemptions soon as I think I may buy the cards sooner to have them incase they freeze the redeeming again.
    Yes I hope they do that soon as well. But if not you should make the trip to RCSS and price match etc for groceries then you can just use your grocery money for Christmas

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information