User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Getting a bit of a raise. I always just put the extra in Savings. I am going to re-jig the budget since I need to increase the amount for Hydro and Gas (heat). I put too much aside for car ins. and property taxes so I may just take from there and let the extra from raise go to savings. Will figure it out when I get the final numbers.

Will be doing my taxes soon and will have to figure out how to save/spend refund. Most will go into savings for retirement.
    Ciel, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes I hope they do that soon as well. But if not you should make the trip to RCSS and price match etc for groceries then you can just use your grocery money for Christmas
    The RCSS that is the closest will only price match 2 of the same item which sucks, it's 1 hour 15 minutes away so it would have to be an awesome sale.
    ROMEO, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Transferred dh's work pay to repay 1 of the 2 accounts that we borrowed from to purchase the car. Should be done 1 account in the next 2 months
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Working on my April budget, it's going to be tight....crap on toast.

Don't forget to budget for Easter (dinner & treats)
    wimbly11, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

Valid point about budgeting for the holiday and treats. Yesterday I bought a chocolate bunny as a gift Mom needed. Had I walked to check store 2 nearby, same item was $1.50 less. Convenience costs.
    wimbly11, ROMEO, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

I bought my boys chocolate bunnies a few weeks ago. Think my youngest is done hunting for eggs. Will casually ask him this weekend. I already bought both new summer clothing needed (swimshorts etc) Thinking I will just tape a $20 each to their bunny and call it a day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Valid point about budgeting for the holiday and treats. Yesterday I bought a chocolate bunny as a gift Mom needed. Had I walked to check store 2 nearby, same item was $1.50 less. Convenience costs.
    Just like Christmas (for those that celebrate) Tired of reading posts about how it snuck up on them etc. It comes every year. Need to plan! I put $100 away in a Christmas account each month. It has been building since I don't spend it all (and sometimes just pay for gifts with my other money lol.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Bah, groceries in March were a huge fail. We were closer to $750 for the the month. Glad for a clean slate this week for April groceries.

Tax return came in, so we've allocated that towards our goals

Our Great Dane ended up at the vets office, and it wasn't great news. Looks like we may have an expensive CT Scan to check for Wobblers Syndrome in our near future. Followed by either a surgery or medication-for-life type of thing. It seems like it came out of no where this past week, but as we were talking with the vet some of the symptoms may have been there over the last few years. She's always been on the clumsy side. When we got her, we didn't buy pet insurance. Instead we decided that those $$ would just go towards the emergency fund. So I guess we will see if it would have been worth it to get the insurance. Although with two dogs, it could have very easily been the other one that got sick instead so maybe the emergency fund is the best place to put those $$ after all. Does anyone have an experience with pet insurance? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

April is going to be a fun month. We had a concert last night, surprise party for a friend in two weeks and a comedy show at the end of the month. It has been months since we have actually 'gone out' to do anything, usually we just get together with friends at our place or theirs for supper & board games. Which I love, because its super budget friendly but sometimes its nice to get out of the house

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Bah, groceries in March were a huge fail. We were closer to $750 for the the month. Glad for a clean slate this week for April groceries.

Our Great Dane ended up at the vets office, and it wasn't great news. Looks like we may have an expensive CT Scan to check for Wobblers Syndrome in our near future. Followed by either a surgery or medication-for-life type of thing. It seems like it came out of no where this past week, but as we were talking with the vet some of the symptoms may have been there over the last few years. She's always been on the clumsy side. When we got her, we didn't buy pet insurance. Instead we decided that those $$ would just go towards the emergency fund. So I guess we will see if it would have been worth it to get the insurance. Although with two dogs, it could have very easily been the other one that got sick instead so maybe the emergency fund is the best place to put those $$ after all. Does anyone have an experience with pet insurance? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

April is going to be a fun month. We had a concert last night, surprise party for a friend in two weeks and a comedy show at the end of the month. It has been months since we have actually 'gone out' to do anything, usually we just get together with friends at our place or theirs for supper & board games. Which I love, because its super budget friendly but sometimes its nice to get out of the house
    Personally I think pet insurance is a big waste of money. I put money aside each month as well. If needed it's there. If not it is my money. Pet insurance is fantastic when they are collecting the monthly/yearly premium. But trying to use it can be an issue. Some people I heard were told stuff they needed it for wasn`t covered etc.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Personally I think pet insurance is a big waste of money. I put money aside each month as well. If needed it's there. If not it is my money. Pet insurance is fantastic when they are collecting the monthly/yearly premium. But trying to use it can be an issue. Some people I heard were told stuff they needed it for wasn`t covered etc.
    That's what I've always been really concerned about. If it doesn't cover the issue, then not only are you out the premiums but you are also footing the cost of the treatment as well.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had a co worker who looked into pet insurance she said what was covered was so hit and miss that she felt if anything did ever happen they would be paying out of pocket for it anyways as more than likely it would not be covered. She kept the list and sure enough almost everything that has happened with her dog would not have been covered.

macw1960 and beckie.c like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

That's what I've always been really concerned about. If it doesn't cover the issue, then not only are you out the premiums but you are also footing the cost of the treatment as well.
    The terms of insurance as breed specific so if the breed is know to have twisted bowels (ie great danes) then there is a list of everything that is not covered, it's pretty much things that are a fluke that are covered, hope that makes sense.
    macw1960 and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Fun months are the best and nice to do hosting swaps
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Transferred dh's work pay to repay 1 of the 2 accounts we still need to repay since we borrowed to pay for the car cash.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

No more spending on the house for awhile until DH catches up on the jobs that need to be finished first.
    jasperandchar likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information