User Tag List

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well this past few days has not been so frugal. Our four year old dishwasher's electrical panel quit, the new panel was $190.00, plus labour, I decided to buy a refurbished Bosch for 280.00 plus 125.00 for installation and haul away the lemon of a Whirlpool that we had, one of those appliances that has been trouble since the day we bought it.
    We made homemade sausages and burger mixes all day Saturday, started at 9 am and we were just finishing up in the garage a bit after midnight and I heard our carbon monoxide detector going off in the basement. I flew down the stairs and heard water literally gushing and it was so steamy I couldn't see a thing. Felt my way around to turn off the water, everything was soaked in our furnace room and it ran in to a storage closet and soaked all the storage in there. a hot water pipe had burst and we are so lucky the detector sensed the steam and set off the smoke alarm. I keep my pictures in plastic bins but i had all my son's pictures out last week looking for a specific picture and you guessed it they were wet. I stayed up all night drying all of his pictures from Birth to about 12 years old. I saved almost all of them but what a mess, I was so tired yesterday but had to dry carpet and clean up the mess. I hope this was the last crappy event for awhile!!
    Oh, gosh, how crazy - hoping the photos are okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yikes! Thank gosh you were home when this happened! A good reminder why you should be home when running appliances (friend had dryer catch on fire once!!)
    Of all bizarre things, over the years we have had two washers (yes, washers) catch on fire. Several years apart, two different locations, different machines. Luckily I was home both times.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh thriftygranny good thing you were there
    -well babysat today -went to bingo with my neighbour tonight -it was fun only cost us $15.00 as we had a coupon and its cheaper on Monday nights -we didn't win came down to one number a lot of times -I figure it was an evening out for me -hubby has a cold so I am staying away from him -lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone, I'm still really sick with this blasted cold (coupon girl, my husband won't stay away from me, lol!) - feel like my head is going to blast off... Cocooning in bed is good, but I can't do that too much because then my back will get sore.
    Have no appetite, no desires for anything - I really have to push it to have water, tea, juice.

Hugs to you all!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm still really sick with this blasted cold (coupon girl, my husband won't stay away from me, lol!) - feel like my head is going to blast off... Cocooning in bed is good, but I can't do that too much because then my back will get sore.
    Have no appetite, no desires for anything - I really have to push it to have water, tea, juice.

Hugs to you all!
    Hope you feel better soon!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh nat take care sounds like you have a good bout of it
    -getting ready to go watch ashlyn ,oh and I get my hair cut today always a good feeling
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a cold too . I told my honey not to kiss me but he told me that he thinks he gave it to me lol Oh well I guess it was my time. Haven't been sick for awhile and I will take the cold over the flu that is going around.

Finish- Today is last day to use the $4 off coupons so I am doing 3 different transactions for the rebate

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, I'm looking for suggestions and strategies. Our son can get himself dressed, but it takes him forever. He needs to do this in a reasonable amount of time. The vt was not on this morning. This morning for example, I told him at 7:55 that he needed to go get dressed for the day. Ten minutes later he was in his room, still completely dressed in his pjs. I then ate my cereal while he got dressed. He was supposed to be putting on his jacket and boots, which he still hadn't done by the time I got dressed and fixed my hair. 8:35 we were buckling into the van. I'm thinking about using the egg timer to try to challenge him to get dressed before the buzzer goes.
    Newfiescreech, JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took everyone in the van this morning. We dropped our son off to Pre-K. Got Dh a Tim's coffee before I dropped him off at work 1hr early. I took the twins shopping with me at No Frills. It took me 10 shopping carts before I found one with 2 working belts, I reported this yet again. Maybe I'll do the survey on the receipt. I was unable to pm CO-OP meat sales because they didn't have the right brands of meat, too bad since I had PC Plus offers to use. I used $3.50 in coupons, got 1,550 in points, pm'd WM strawberries and celery, I SCOPed a dozen eggs. I tucked stuff in the fridge and headed straight over to the Family Centre for their free programs.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am really going to try and be on top of money back rebates this year.
    Went to No Frills and spent $21.67 total on 2 receipts.
    2 x Finish, bananas, green grapes, celery, Almond milk, 4 x English muffins.

Used $8 in coupons
    Will receive back $16 for Finish rebates
    Received 3300 in PC pts (personal offers)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Will be joining the haircut queue too this week-I received a gift card for First Choice haircutters plus some haircare products.

Got some shopping done on the weekend when brother took me out to Taco Bell (car was handy for carrying the Woolite jugs from Metro plus canned beverages from Fortinos). Yesterday, 99 cent pasta shopping at Food Basics-some spaghetti, spaghettini,mostly elbows and two baby shell pkgs were left in the bins. Did I miss the other kinds-must have. Regular aisle was not much better-alphabets and more elbows. So bought one spaghetti and two elbow pkgs to ensure something is available to go with remaining sauce at home or for my DIY pasta suppers. BTW, the Tetley Ayurveda tea in warming blend tastes super (there's ginger!) and smells great on pasta with oil and some pepper flakes and salt! Took out the coupon from the sample pack so I get a container of it for more cooking.

I'm in agreement with @SassyAshley 's desire for one pot meals or dishes. I noticed that Walmart will have 2 for $5 Tostitos, Munchies etc. in the new flyer. Time to put that tortilla casserole recipe from WM Live Better last year into rotation this weekend.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka , is there any strongly flavoured salty or sweet food item or drink you can nibble/sip to jar your body into craving something to eat? Or do you have Boost or Ensure to add some extra nutrition to your hot drinks menu? Or Gatorade.
    Try hot water and lemon juice with some sugar (hot lemonade) to see if that helps move the cold symptoms for you. The sinus part is harder-maybe you have some garlic you can roast or eat a clove with salt and bread.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Andit - your emoticon said it well. Courage to you and your bff for facing another passing in your social group.
    @jasperandchar -trip budget rep! Admire the planning that you are doing to ensure you see more of the world.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Angela - this is beyond maddening! Sooo sorry you keep having to deal with this nonsense!!

A question for those who have a Costco membership. Do you find it worthwhile. I am in the process of getting new prescription glasses and need new frame as well. Would it be worthwhile to check Costco as well? I have been to five or six different places and have narrowed it down to one frame that I like but find the color a bit dark. So I'm thinking I should maybe look at Costco but do not have a membership for that place.
    I thought the Optical dept was like Pharmacy-no membership needed as the sections are independently run by owner-operators licenced by their respective professional colleges. However, Costco's Optical writeup is confusing saying the depts have the best employees yet mention the doctors are independent.
    https://www.costco.ca/independent-do...al_HealthyEyes

I noticed that Costco's terms of membership state no sale can be made without a membership card. That must be the rule that door staff live by when declining entry to people who say they are going to Pharmacy or Optical.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, I'm looking for suggestions and strategies. Our son can get himself dressed, but it takes him forever. He needs to do this in a reasonable amount of time. The vt was not on this morning. This morning for example, I told him at 7:55 that he needed to go get dressed for the day. Ten minutes later he was in his room, still completely dressed in his pjs. I then ate my cereal while he got dressed. He was supposed to be putting on his jacket and boots, which he still hadn't done by the time I got dressed and fixed my hair. 8:35 we were buckling into the van. I'm thinking about using the egg timer to try to challenge him to get dressed before the buzzer goes.
    When our boys were littles, they loved racing against the timer. I would set a timer to a little longer than you think he needs to get dressed and ask him if he can beat the timer. Make a game out of it - boys love challenges You could have a chart on the fridge and have him put on a sticker each time he beats the timer. Then, when he has a certain number of stickers, he gets a special treat.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    When our boys were littles, they loved racing against the timer. I would set a timer to a little longer than you think he needs to get dressed and ask him if he can beat the timer. Make a game out of it - boys love challenges You could have a chart on the fridge and have him put on a sticker each time he beats the timer. Then, when he has a certain number of stickers, he gets a special treat.
    His teacher at school has started something similar earlier in the month. Each student earns a sticker for each time that they get their outside clothes on or off by themselves in a reasonable amount of time. I don't know what his prize is yet, and I don't know that he does either.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information