User Tag List

Page 15 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 1015 ... LastLast
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, @22hicks, I just noticed your post....nope, not even a remote possibility that anyone came in, the doors are always double-bolted, thank goodness...I'm the most paranoid person around, so that's never a problem and the cologne was at the side door just above the staircase where my craft table is..just a couple of metres away.
    I guess it was a lost spirit....my first thought was of our DD's former boyfriend...I thought, "Oh, heavens, I hope he's okay!!"

DH just left to do a grocery run and I'm not going back downstairs to my crafting table.
    Something like that....ya don't forget easily.
    So sorry hear ordeal you went through Lynn !! Hope and pray that what every it was that it don't happen anymore sweetie!! Lock all doors while DH is out your home .. hope everything is going good now .. take extra care yourself sweetie 🌹🌹
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    @Natalka - I'm glad you got that warning, just in case. Fingers crossed you don't need them though.
    Hey, I seem to remember you having a power failure, either last winter, or the one before. You being so cold, wrapped in blankets, etc. Was that just a dream?
    You have a good memory, it was a few years ago. It was horrible, and that's what scared me. The temp in here went down to 10 or something like that - it was nuts.

Our son went to see the surgeon today, and he recommends surgery now for his hernia instead of taking the chance on something going wrong at a later point and having it be an emergency surgery. Apparently the usual failure rate for the surgery is 70%, but for Milan he's hoping that gets upped to 50% - it doesn't mean it's the surgery that's dangerous, just that the patch (mesh) put in didn't hold over a number of years, and they re-do it.
    So now it will be a wait to see when surgery can be scheduled.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Lynn- I have just been catching up. How awful that you had to go through this scary situation.! I would certainly mention it to your doctor. I don't know if you remember a commercial on TV that had the woman saying that she always "smelled burnt toast" but I can't remember what was causing her to have this happen.

Please look into it.

Worried about the situation. Don't want you to be scared in your home!
    Thank you, my Friend....when our DD mentioned the word, "stroke", I did a lot of research. That burnt toast, burnt hair smell can signal a stroke, but mine was very pleasant if you don't mind a whack of Drakkar Noir hitting you in the face!

Alll kidding aside, I will consider calling our doctor or visiting him at his clinic...it's only for his patients and a few other doctors who share it, it's not a public clinic. I'm just so damn sick and tired of doctors, hospitals, medications, tests, pain....but who am I to complain.....look what you and your dear Hubby are going through for heaven's sake.

God bless you both, pleasant dreams...love, hugs and prayers as always...love you!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Congrats @cabmonk. I hope your back will tolerate that bean bag chair as well as you think it will.
    I hope it will be ok. I have such a small space and right now only have my bed, table and 2 hard chairs. I usually find myself sitting on my bed to watch tv or movies. That has really not been ideal lol.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Newfiescreech , thank you, Sweetheart....my steel doors are always double locked whether I'm alone here or not...it's just silly not to in this day and age, right?

Sweet dreams, my Friend!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Newfiescreech, thank you, Sweetheart....my steel doors are always double locked whether I'm alone here or not...it's just silly not to in this day and age, right?

Sweet dreams, my Friend!
    Your so right Lynn .. I know I should practice same thing .. I do lock my door ...when I'm leaving my house go work .. but when I'm home .. I never lock my doors .. anyone can walk in .. think I'm save but someday I'm going get biggest shock of my life.. be safe and sweet dreams to you to Lynn take care my wonderful friend 💞🌹💞🌹
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just ordered this 4' by 6' area rug from walmart for $20. I have a crappy worn out carpet and this will be good in from of my new bean bag lol.

Name:  1464789.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  33.6 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Do you have a fireplace @Natalka ? They work really well, as you can see.

Name:  cat nuts fire.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  23.4 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hope today will be lucky for you. Maybe buy a lotto max ticket.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  7.0 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Finally off to bed but not before ordering this 15" by 12" Framed print on ebay, and now I'm done buying stuff.

Name:  $_3.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  116.2 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hicks, no fireplace here - but it was an uneventful night, warm in here.

Should be the last day with these horrid temps.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Happy Friday the 13th!
    Have a great weekend.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We are lucky in that we have gas powered heat so if the hydro goes out, we are still warm and if the gas has an issue, we can at least use a space heater or turn on the oven to warm the place up.

We had to do that a few times at our old apartment when the other tenant (it was a duplex) decided to "fix" the furnace himself. They were always cold and upset it didn't go warmer and the landlord had it set at the legal temp from his phone. Whatever they did to it, the furnace company had to wait 3 days for parts and then he broke it again a few weeks later.

However, we pay for the hydro and not the heat so...
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  214118-Happy-Friday-The-13th.gif
Views: 103
Size:  18.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A quick good morning everyone!!!

DH's alarm didn't ring this morning so we're in a bit of a rush to get out the door to attend our Grandson's awards ceremony at school...he's getting the award for "Kindness and Courtesy"...but baby, it's cold outside!! -17!!!

Everyone, have a great day!!

And @Newfiescreech , for heaven's sake, keep your doors locked when you're home!!!!!

Page 15 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 1015 ... LastLast

Thread Information