User Tag List

Page 39 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 1039 ... LastLast
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So much bad news from everyone and some good. I hope everyone has a good sunday and Lynn the superbowl will make your day I hope. I'm off work today but back monday for 2 days. Saturday I had 1 customer all day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    So much bad news from everyone and some good. I hope everyone has a good sunday and Lynn the superbowl will make your day I hope. I'm off work today but back monday for 2 days. Saturday I had 1 customer all day.
    Thank you, Cabbie.....it's a quieter Superbowl than in the days when our house was filled with friends watching the game, my goodness those were the days, my Friend!

Our kids should be landing here around 6:30, and I hope the planes are flying in this scant fluffy snow that's falling.

Happy day everyone!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah I hear ya on the quiet part. I won't watch but I'll probably watch some ghost adventures lol. My bean bag chair is due to arrive monday but it could be tuesday the way it's going.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Yeah I hear ya on the quiet part. I won't watch but I'll probably watch some ghost adventures lol. My bean bag chair is due to arrive monday but it could be tuesday the way it's going.
    Hope it gets to you soon so that you can get all comfy in it..hot cocoa, popcorn (with a shake or lots of balsamic vinegar and prehaps parmessan cheese sprinkled on it), and a good movie!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have 3 free hd movies from cinema now with roku. They emailed the codes a couple days ago. I'll use those after I get my chair. Put my feet up on the ottoman footstool I also bought. I paid $43.99 for the footstool on wayfair.ca and now it's back up to $105.99..

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    life sucks

@Natalka - I'm getting worried about you. Are you not feeling any better?
    I know you've had quite the cold, then eye infections, then the flu.
    Is everything else ok?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am hearing/reading plenty of " bummer " posts around here....very sorry @Lynn49 to your DD friend, and adult bones take longer to heal so I hope he has help with his Construction Company? @Natalka I am still keeping you in my thoughts every day, these lingering colds and illnesses really test our patience. ((hugs)) @avoncallingu I hope your brother gets the proper meds to keep his heart beating more calmly.

I had an early start today taking DD into work, then started on a few SuperBowl foods for tonight.
    Made a delicious ( if I do say so myself! ) veggie fried rice. This time along with sesame oil I added a little each of of fish sauce, balsamic concentrate, Hoisin sauce and soy sauce, being very stringent as we like our rice to be light coloured. Lots of crunchy veg and water chestnuts too but because I had no meat in the mixture I scrambled a few eggs, chopped it all into bits and mixed it through.

Then did up the 2 racks of long ribs. After boiling for just 10 minutes, dividing the ribs and pressure cooking them for another 15, I finished them in a 200 oven in a mixture of leftover BBQ sauce. (ty Rachael Ray for that tip to rinse all the bits out of each bottle ) Cut up some raw veggie sticks and 'll be making Janes Pub strips for DD ( not a fan of ribs ) and some frozen prepared shrimp appy's ( DS's favourite )
    Will make Nachos as well later on, or during? We'll see how hungry everyone is.

Hope everyone enjoys watching the SuperBowl, we have no horse personally in this game but I am rooting for Atlanta because #45 (Trump ) has his stench all over the Patriots!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whewwww!!! Trying to teach an 8 yr old boy how to bead a flower for his Mom for a bracelet for Valentine's Day is SO frustrating!! The kids are choosing to learn how to do this with an older student at recess. We did 2 of them, but it's not so easy to pull the beading thread through twice in a bead, so he gets frustrated. I suggested he take the beads, the two flowers we did back to school at recess and have her show him how it's done. Thing is, he feels he should remember how to do it himself, after being shown it once! Heck, I always have to refer back to the instructions every single time I've ever done it in my life!! Poor critter....but he's happy with the two we did, so he'll show them to her and hopefully she'll let him continue with those....

Is it wine o'clock, yet????!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope its nothing selrous with saddie and hope your brother get the proper melfds to keep his heart beating calm.@ Lynn sorry to hear about your DD friend.and @ Natalka hope you are doing better. Enjoy the game everyone who is watching. Have a great Sunday everyone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoys watching the SuperBowl, we have no horse personally in this game but I am rooting for Atlanta because #45 (Trump ) has his stench all over the Patriots!!

Walks, so true!! Did you see a snippet of an interview reporters had with tom brady? One of them asked him if he phoned trump after their division win (because they're all friends, doncha know), and he avoided the question! hahaha!! He said he'd rather talk football. Well tommy-boy, you're going to have to either admit you're friends with trump instead of acting like it's an embarrassment, or dump him.
    Of course, like all Patriot plays, he'll wait until the smoke clears and walk off into the sunset. Hopefully WITHOUT the win!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 5th, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all.

Trying not to post about all my bad crap, so I've been staying away. No one likes a whiner....

Only one good thing is that my fever finally got down to just under 38.
    Everything else is crap - and some health things have popped up which may or may not be related to the influenza.
    Still not eating - which I don't understand - yesterday I had a few spoons of fruit cocktail, a few of mashed potatoes and corn - that was it for the day.
    Today nothing yet. Calories from cough candies, juice, ginger ale.

Husband is at the christening of our niece's daughter - and more of a celebration than that, it's the mom's birthday today, and yesterday was the Dido's 70th.
    Husband sure deserves some fun time away from me, dealing with all I'm putting him through. It's not been a happy house.

Enjoy the SB celebrations, everyone - not something I'm into at all. Might watch some of the commercials online.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Good evening. It has been more than 2 years since I last logged on. Nice to see some familiar names.
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

And happy belated birthday, Natalka.
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
    Good evening. It has been more than 2 years since I last logged on. Nice to see some familiar names.
    Hi!

How's your little boy - who must not be little any more! Any other kids?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
    Name:  IMG_0690.GIF
Views: 83
Size:  210.1 KB

Hi Woofy !! Welcome back .. hope your having wonderful evening.. take care yourself
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Page 39 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 1039 ... LastLast

Thread Information