User Tag List

Page 62 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 1062 ... LastLast
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Is there anything more prefect in all the world.....only a little lower than Angels...

Speaking of which, Miss Perfect here, for the FIRST time, went to the front door where her sweater was hanging on the handle (drying from a walk yesterday) and sat right by it, and put her nose on it and just gave us that...Well? Who's taking me for my walk now? (accompanied by that sad, hangy-down ears look only a Doxie could pull off)

The first time's she's done that!!Not today, Sweetstuff! The freezing rain is coming down in buckets!! Yuck!

Oh, that's such a shame, esp. since it was the 1st time she'd done that. Hopefully, she'll do it again. It sounds so cute.
    Freezing rain Oh my, we got rain, but the temp was still +2, so no ice. I hope yours melts quickly.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 you know I am just bugging ya. Of course I don't drink 3 2litre pop in 1 night. I will try to spread it out over a few days. Hope you have a good weekend. Anyway with my tax refund I think if I can find one, i'll buy the big boss oil-less fryer and put a bit towards groceries and the rest in my savings.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabmonk, you certainly think "out-of-the-box!"

Well, I have not yet commented on that VERY COOL convertible! Yahooly! I can see you with the wind blowing in your hair! Good for you getting a little "dream" car!

Redneck- not a Hula skirt- a HOOP- skirt! Imagine a skirt with a large hula hoop on the bottom, a medium one about knee level and a small one around your waist. It IS a little hard to sit down but you'll find yourself giggling and whispering, "Well I nevah!!" Simper, simper!

I went to Waterloo today to see my financial consultant and get DH's funds transferred into my name. I also looked at one apartment and tested out what I might get for what kind of money. I will certainly have to purge, purge, purge,!!! I seem to do nothing else these past few years.

I had Sadie with me. She was very good. (Mostly- she seems to think that drive through attendants are a major threat to my safety!)

Driving back, I drove through the most challenging and weird weather I have ever encountered!

It was 6 degrees and started to rain and then a huge- lightning storm brought rain coming down faster than my wipers could take it away! White knuckles for a good long time as it was dusk and foggy!!! I kept glancing at the temp hoping it wasn't going down and praying-literally that it wouldn't get near zero. Eventually the rain subsided and the temperature actually went UP to 13 as I got near London!

Sadie slept through it all, thank goodness! I was in the fast lane of three so never got the chance to pull over. Whew! Scary!

The physio is an expert on dealing with "post concussion" syndrome. That's why the Dr. sent me specifically to him. He did some tests and concluded that he doesn't THINK I have post concussive syndrome which can be harder to treat- although I do have some cross-over symptoms. He thinks I have vertigo. He okayed me to drive - but I bet he didn't have the conditions that I faced later in mind!

I am chilling and trying to process things. It felt really great driving through what used to be my "home" area for 35 years!

Chat later!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Feb 24th, 2017 at 11:20 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @Lynn49 you know I am just bugging ya. Of course I don't drink 3 2litre pop in 1 night. I will try to spread it out over a few days. Hope you have a good weekend. Anyway with my tax refund I think if I can find one, i'll buy the big boss oil-less fryer and put a bit towards groceries and the rest in my savings.
    You know you're not supposed to scare an old lady, right? Happy to hear you're going to spread out your drinking habit over the course of a few days...
    Thank you, it'll be a lovely weekend...we have our GS overnight tomorrow since our DD and her DH are in a curling tournament then having friends over...hmmm...wonder how early in the morning we should bring him home?
    JK....he usually wants to leave around lunch time; he misses his Mom and Dad...

Hope you have a great weekend, too.....and I hope that cold gets better before you go back to work; my DH's cold lasted almost 2 weeks. Seems there are nasty ones going around...Get well soon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Oh, that's such a shame, esp. since it was the 1st time she'd done that. Hopefully, she'll do it again. It sounds so cute.
    Freezing rain Oh my, we got rain, but the temp was still +2, so no ice. I hope yours melts quickly.
    I know, right? The first time she does that and now she probably thinks we're too dumb to figure out her 'sign language'. Poor critter. But oh it's nasty out there today! I don't hear the freezing rain on the windows anymore, but jeepers it's going to be awful driving for anyone who's out there tonight!

Have a lovely weekend, my Friend! And yes, Walks in the back seat...I call "shotgun"!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, I am much better but still have stupid coughing spurts. Walked just 2 blocks and felt ok but on the way back was coughing like crazy. I should be ok by wednesday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_0809.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  41.1 KB

Ohhhh bring on Spring please .. It's snowing 🌨🌨❄️❄️ Suppose get 5 to 8 cms ... Time for warm weather and sunshine.☃️☃️

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_0813.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  139.9 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope everyone has a marvelous Saturday!Name:  15-300x300_c.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  55.6 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone have a great Saturday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Kids... Well today, I think I am going to try and get my ass down to the shop and clean it up a little bit... Had lots of thunderstorms last night which scared one of my boys BIG time.... Not a lot else to report... But hope YOU all have a GREAT Saturday.....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hope you enjoy your day.

Name:  really raining.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  18.9 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Snow & freezing rain for some of you folks, and that scary drive avon - yuk !!!!

Name:  16997754_1388031437915626_2768615999603342018_n.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  58.8 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh how entertaining this was catching up a few pages back. Good chuckles from the usual suspects... @22hicks driving around topless, @Newfiescreech with your open heart and hospitality you always see from Newfoundlanders, @Redneck Charger just take things slow when you tackle the cleaning up of the shop. Glad to hear you have some gumption back @Lynn49 the doxie whisperer....Jenny gives a great performance and the icy streets thwart her efforts to be walked, @avoncallingu I must confess I've never seen a hoop skirt in person, but I enjoyed your exclamations of " well I nevah ! " @cabmonk hope that darn " new " cold goes away fast! At least you are off work.
    The rain here has been relentless ( since yesterday really ) , poor doggies had to make a mad dash in and out in the backyard. My dogs do not enjoy walking the rain. I have told them that they don't enjoy it actually....lol.
    It will be a day of batch cooking here just to fill the fridge with a few meal options for the week for the guys work lunches mainly.
    Sausage/potato casserole bake, home made burgers, breaded pork chops. The sides will be coleslaw if I get around to shredding a nice big bag of cabbage/carrots, and I'll likely steam up fresh veggies to have on hand.
    Enjoy the day everyone!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Feb 25th, 2017 at 09:40 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 62 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 1062 ... LastLast

Thread Information