User Tag List

Page 101 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 1101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 29327
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have solved the mystery of my early mornings...

A racoon goes past the motion sensor light outside my side door. The light is visible in my bedroom so I just need to adjust the light fitting slightly..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

... or adjust the raccoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I have solved the mystery of my early mornings...

A racoon goes past the motion sensor light outside my side door. The light is visible in my bedroom so I just need to adjust the light fitting slightly..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  274769-Happy-Thursday-Cats.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  38.1 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 3 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  17626318_1262989157130883_13901928504901302_n.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  124.1 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Thank you, and every1 who sent their sympathies.
    I'll tell you, losing 2 friends, 2 funerals in the same week is really hard.
    The 2nd funeral is tomorrow, and I'm doing 1 of the 2 eulogies. It's been so hard to write. Every time I have a thought, I start crying. I'm just so very sad.
    Honestly, I feel so 'down', I'm trying to snap out of it, but I can't, at least not yet.

Attachment 328559
    Oh Hicks, my heart goes out to you! God will guide you through these next days. You are brave, kind and strong to be the one to deliver the eulogy and, obviously, very close and special to the family! Hugs, dear friend.
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Changes here.

Yesterday my DH's children and their Florida family and very close friends had a celebration at the beach that was a favourite place for their family. While the sun set in a glorious orange and blue spectacle, they sent their dad's ashes on a trip to eternity in the waters off the coast. An emotional day for me.

My king sized bed is leaving today. Friends have purchased it and will help me to move my queen bed into the main bedroom.

What I learned on the weekend was that, until I have a firm offer on this condo, there is no use looking in K-W as things are selling in a day with no conditions.

So, up and at 'em- on with the purging and staging.

I have drs. appointments set up for my various and sundry ailments.

Have a great day, my friends!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And a fine good morning to everyone!!

Oh, @Newfiescreech ......you poor kid, that snow/ice pellets you're getting!!!! And the winds!! I hope you don't have to go anywhere today and can stay home, snuggled under a quilt, beside a roaring fire, sipping something a (several) glass of wine!!! What a horrid "spring" day!
    @avoncallingu , yay, the king bed is gone!! And how great that they're helping you move the queen back in there. As for shopping for a new home in Kitchener, yah......sad to say, but I guess until you have a firm offer under your belt pending you finding a home yourself, there's no looking for a new one, yet. That's what you needed, right? More stress.

As to your dear Hubby being reunited with his beloved ocean, it must have been a very moving and sad eventl for his kids and extended family to get through, but also satisfying in that he's part of everything he loved about his Florida. Sorry you had such a sad day, too.....
    @Redneck Charger , I hope you're having a better day today!! Steer the course, my friend, onward and forward!
    @22hicks , I also hope for you, that you've composed your eulogy and can take a few deep breaths today and remember your friend with gratitude for simply having a friend you were so close to. They're blessings in our lives...even our "imaginary friends"...

Everyone, have a wonderful day wherever you are...we're supposed to head up to +5 today..fingers crossed!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dr. Thinks that all the pain I am having- both leg and migraine is due to nerve damage caused by??? Long time leg issues and Sadie's little leap in my face. He has adjusted my meds and may send me for neurological tests after consulting with the physio. He says that part of it is "Post-concussion syndrome." RC you and I will have to be wise about not re-injuring things. I have made an appointment with the "Orthotics Guru" and then will buy some new shoes. I need some new runners.

I managed to post my kitchen table set on Kijiji. I have also turfed about 6 large garbage bags of stuff that just needed to go.

Today, when I was feeling frazzled, I went to Service Canada downtown in the pouring rain to prove I was, indeed, married to Dh - got there to find that I had brought my FIRST MARRIAGE certificate!

Argggh!

So, I will have to wait before I find out about my survivor benefits from CPP.

Nasty rainy- chill-you-to-the-bone kind of weather. Ready to spend the evening tucked under the covers and hope my leg and foot stop throbbing.

Weather in other places is a lot more threatening-so I shouldn't be complaining.

Take care, y'all!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I managed to post my kitchen table set on Kijiji. I have also turfed about 6 large garbage bags of stuff that just needed to go.

Today, when I was feeling frazzled, I went to Service Canada downtown in the pouring rain to prove I was, indeed, married to Dh - got there to find that I had brought my FIRST MARRIAGE certificate!

Argggh!

I so hear you on that...My SB was held up because I don't have a Canadian MCert but British ones don't fit a standard photocopier so I had to drive 30 km to Staples in order to print a copy.. I have the orphan benefits though.

I've been slowly working my way through Mr P's stuff. I'm up to 4 bags of ratty tatty clothes and shoes. Now it's the good quality stuff, some of which I'm keeping , some of which the brood are keeping and some of which are going to Value Village.

Then I can deal with household stuff seeing as we aren't moving for a long time yet.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Some of you may recall that I had asked for prayers for my cousin, Morgan, prior to, and subesquently having his heart replacement...here is an article from the local Kingston newspaper, reporting on his post-surgery progress...What blessed news for our whole family!!!

http://www.thewhig.com/2017/03/24/a-...ew-life-begins

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Dr. Thinks that all the pain I am having- both leg and migraine is due to nerve damage caused by??? Long time leg issues and Sadie's little leap in my face. He has adjusted my meds and may send me for neurological tests after consulting with the physio. He says that part of it is "Post-concussion syndrome." RC you and I will have to be wise about not re-injuring things. I have made an appointment with the "Orthotics Guru" and then will buy some new shoes. I need some new runners.

Argggh!

Nasty rainy- chill-you-to-the-bone kind of weather. Ready to spend the evening tucked under the covers and hope my leg and foot stop throbbing.

Weather in other places is a lot more threatening-so I shouldn't be complaining.

Take care, y'all!
    Maybe it's just me, but perhaps one day of complete R&R is in order for you. I can read "frazzled" in your post, loud and clear. Take a day, my Friend: rest.

Good that your doc is sending you for tests, and I hope and pray he can get to the bottom of things and relieve you of both your migraines and leg pains.

Turfing out stuff must feel very therapeutic, too....accumulations of stuff can be so damn depressing and overwhelming.

So. Rest. Please? One day??
    Love you, Kiddo!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, what wonderful news about Morgan; praying for continued strength and recovery for him.

avon - wow, more things for you to endure, so sorry. Hoping your pain eases and you get some comfort.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1.
    Well, I must say, I'm glad today is over. My friend's brother couldn't finish his eulogy, so the minister read it for him. Mine went over very well I think. We all laughed, and cried, at my stories. All and all, it was a very sad, heartbreaking day.

@Lynn49 , that's such good news about your cousin. Such great news for the family.

@avoncallingu , wow, what can I say? What a tough day, week, month, year for you !!!!!!!!!
    Happy the doctor is sending you for some tests. Sure hope they can help you with all the pain you're in.
    Great that the king bed's gone, and the queen's going in. Getting rid of 'stuff' and staging is such a lot of work, and so, so much stress. It took me over a year to accomplish that.
    I agree with Lynn, rest darling. You need to take at least a little time just for you.
    You taking the wrong marriage certificate is just an indication of how much stress you're under.

It's snowing here, but nothing compared to what you're getting @Newfiescreech . Hope you're home safe and sound, and, warm.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Natalka, Hicks....so much for a young family to go through with so much ahead of them, then getting plunged into the hell that they endured. Thank God he's been given a second chance.

Hicks....we're going to have to tie that gal down if we're to get her resting anytime soon....I'm so worried about her.
    Did you hear that, @avoncallingu ? Worried. Concerned.
    Please take a day for yourself to decompress...you've been through much too much for so long now...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a million of them, @avoncallingu .......I've always loved this proverb; it reminds me to slow down and take stock of the good things in my life and not focus on my worries (as a worrier, that's not so easy to do..
    It's as if it's saying that if I don't slow down, life (illness?) will do it for me, slowing me down, kicking and screaming.

Thread Information