Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: QOTD - Thur Jan 12 - Pets?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  cats and dogs.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  48.5 KB

Since it is raining cats and dogs... which do you prefer?

Dog person or cat person?
    Do you have pets?
    If you could have any breed of domestic animal, what would you have?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and 22hicks like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cat person!

Taffy and Vader - mom and daughter

Name:  TaffyVaderDec5,2015.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  85.8 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Our immediate family has just recently lost our last family pet (member).
    My Brother in-law just had his 20 year old blonde-domestic-short-hair kitty cremated a week and a half ago...and it's been almost 2 years since My wife and in-laws had to put the most lovable 18 year old Yellow Lab to sleep.

The wife is a Yellow Lab lover 110%. I'm a kitty lover.
    It'll be a while until we welcome another couple of fur balls into our family, but it'll happen again soon.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm a cat person. Dh is a cat person too, but he enjoys dogs more than I do. Dh and I agree that dogs deserve the room to run. We have two cats that we adopted from our local humane society. They are now 10 and 11 years old. Both are fixed males and look alike. Dark brown tabby striped with white markings on their faces, tummies, and paws.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I prefer dogs over cats, but we don't own either as DH is not an animal person. We do, however, have a hamster that DD got for her birthday.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

We are dog people. We have a 15-yr old Golden Retriever and a 6-yr old Great Dane. DH keeps trying to find another Great Dane, but so far I'm managed to run interference. We only have an 800 sq ft house after all.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have a cat and a couple of fish.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If we had the space (and didn't have dog hating cats) I would love a Bernese mountain dog. Since that is unlikely to ever happen I dream of owning a pure bred Maine Coon (a red one bc I am fussy like that) but still end up just taking home strays (mostly ones a certain SCer finds bc MortgageQueen knows how to tug on my heart strings lol)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    We are dog people. We have a 15-yr old Golden Retriever and a 6-yr old Great Dane. DH keeps trying to find another Great Dane, but so far I'm managed to run interference. We only have an 800 sq ft house after all.
    Wow, our place is just under that and having two dogs (lab and a German Shepherd so prob smaller than your Great Dane) here for a few hours with guests felt so cramped.
    The cats hated them and got locked up, the dogs, who love cats, went crazy trying to break them out. Tails wagging, broken stuff... I can't imagine adding a 3rd so don't blame you for running interference on that one.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cat person, i have a cat.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I grew up with a dad that let us keep anything we brought home. I've had cats, dogs, fish, birds (including a chicken that i found) hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, salamanders, turtles, snakes, lizards and even caterpillars that we released once they changed to butterflies. Now I'm with a great guy whose'sh allergic to dogs and cats so i don't have any pets, but he loves both dogs and cats, so everytime we are at a friends with pets he plays with them and then sneezes the rest of the night

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am an anything animal lover now, so cannot say I prefer dogs over cats or vice versa. I melt at all baby animal shows/videos. Sigh...I love our 2 shih zhu's so much, they make me crazy most days with their talking eyes and eager wagging tails, the 2 cats outrank both dogs and they know it! The youngest member to enter this house ( Hamlet a DSH ginger ) is the boss of everything.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I love both! Would love a pug, corgi, boston terrier, Pomeranian, oh God the list goes on!

I do have one cat. His name is Chippy. I adopted him a few years ago from a local Pet Valu. I needed some lovin' after I had my cat Sketch put down about a month before that.

He's the sweetest, chubbiest, baby kitty ever.

Here he is, being all handsome! I was cleaning up Christmas decorations and thought a big ribbon would suit him.

Name:  15940530_1902161420012303_1295817237695627368_n.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  53.5 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Candini, he's gorgeous! Sigh! Boop his nose for me, will ya?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I had ferrets, turtles, frogs, fish, lizards (including a big honking litterbox-trained iguana), cats as an adult; and dogs (my mother was/is a breeder of dogs and horses/ponies/minis and canaries/lovebirds) cockatiels, and farm creatures and wildlife (grouse, chipmunk, red squirrel, crow, kingfisher) through my family.

I am a dog person though I love cats almost as much and I truly respect iguanas: they are cat-smart.

@Candini my mother bred poms and Bostons. I think poms are just awful and Bostons are the most clever, stubborn, personality-filled, manipulative little housecats ever. They are extremely trainable and I taught one to roll his Google eyes by mimicking me rotfl...he started using that trick to get attention and when he wanted out for the bathroom he went up to my father and rolled his eyes at him..."WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE DOG!!!" Lol I also got him to climb trees for me. And I sewed him clothes and he LOVED to wear them and didn't want them off. And I could tell you about a dozen more Bostons and their unique personalities - they are fantastic. Really love those dogs. My dream dog is a Frenchie or Frenchie X Boston.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information