User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Good Products that have been discontinued

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There used to be a Johnson and Johnson baby cream made with actual milk. They discontinued it 15 years ago and I've been looking for something to replace it ever since. It was the only one that stopped my hands from cracking due to dryness in the winter (just started their annual cracking yesterday... sigh). I have tons of skin care samples and have bought so many different kinds of lotions but nothing is the same. I wrote to Johnson and Johnson about it one time and they referred me to their Naturals line that isn't even close
    ROMEO, barbis9, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Elaine and the "sponge" -- lol... Is that load of laundry "Dryer bar" worthy??
    Lol. I remember that episode.
    barbis9 and Ladybug2011 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, this is going waaaaayyyyyy back... but does anyone remember jello pudding pops frozen treats? OH MY WORD! I loved those things. There was chocolate, vanilla and BANANA which was my fav.

torontogal12... when my skin becomes unbearably dry my go to in plain ol Vaseline... I take a small blob of it and add a bit of warm water and rub together in my hands and then apply (really wonderful right after a shower when your skin in still damp). It sounds like a greasy mess but honestly it isn't (just don't use too much). Your skin will soak it up and will help your skin instantly feel relief. After a few applications my skin is so so soft and happy then I am usually good to go with regular creams for a bit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Ok, this is going waaaaayyyyyy back... but does anyone remember jello pudding pops frozen treats? OH MY WORD! I loved those things. There was chocolate, vanilla and BANANA which was my fav.
    Attachment 325403

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

C2 Coke, Vera Wang original fragrance, as well as other fragrances that have been reformulated, Clinique city block foundation - wore it for years, City Block tint, etc. It seems whenever I really, really like something it gets discontinued.
    Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    There used to be a Johnson and Johnson baby cream made with actual milk. They discontinued it 15 years ago and I've been looking for something to replace it ever since. It was the only one that stopped my hands from cracking due to dryness in the winter (just started their annual cracking yesterday... sigh). I have tons of skin care samples and have bought so many different kinds of lotions but nothing is the same. I wrote to Johnson and Johnson about it one time and they referred me to their Naturals line that isn't even close
    This winter has been very hard on my skin. I have switched to a moisturizing hand wash (Softsoap real shea butter formula), use real milk soap in the shower (not the goat stuff in the stores), Aveeno with shea butter lotion throughout the day and Clinique deep comfort body cream on my hands at bedtime. I have also heard good things about Cerve cream.
    Ladybug2011 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Is this the product?https://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Baby.../dp/B00OTTUYTK
    Ladybug2011 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

First one that comes to mind was the Kraft dressing Italian and Lime. If anyone knows of a store brand similar to it, please let me know! I bought a bottle and fell in love and then found out it was discontinued!

I also kind of miss the Big Extra McDonalds used to have. You can still custom make one if you ask but I'd rather just get a Teen Burger from A&W at this point.
    barbis9, Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I also kind of miss the Big Extra McDonalds used to have.
    Speaking of McDonald's... anyone remember/miss McPizza?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Absolutely loved McD pizza - and bummer that the reason they stopped having it was because people didn't like the wait. We sure never minded waiting - they would bring it out to the car...
    And another vote for missing the Big Xtra

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Another one that is still missed in my house is the Shopsy's All Beef breakfast sausages. This was discontinued a few years ago and I haven't been able to find another brand that makes all beef breakfast sausages(we don't eat pork).

Name:  Snap4.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  11.5 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I guess for me, its Vanilla Coke! I bought it this summer and love it...
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I miss the McDonalds pizza's too.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

We don't eat pork either and so hard to find all beef breakfast sausages . We buy Johnsville Beef ones but they aren't sausages. And Loblaws has all beef bacon but can't find it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    Another one that is still missed in my house is the Shopsy's All Beef breakfast sausages. This was discontinued a few years ago and I haven't been able to find another brand that makes all beef breakfast sausages(we don't eat pork).

Name:  Snap4.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  11.5 KB
    barbis9, Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Years ago , Shoppers carried a make up brand called Red Earth. They discontinued carrying it.

Apparently it is Australian? (Assuming this is the same company, as I`m talking like 2007)

I loved this stuff. They had the best eye primer. It was only at Shoppers for a little while. Less than a year I think.
    Last edited by nicolthepickle; Fri, Jan 20th, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    ROMEO, Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information