Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By GoodBoy
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Shrimp platter deal!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went to my Independent Grocer to pick up a few things, noticed in the flyer they had the sea quest shrimp for $7.88, I thought I would check it out. I see the PC big shrimp with cocktail sauce it's in the flyer reg $19.99 in the flyer On sale for $16.99, they are replacing that one for the sea quest one because they didn't get the sea quest one in!! I couldn't believe it!! The sea quest one's are the small baby shrimp...these one's are jumbo one's!! They are 2 layers thick with shrimp, and the cocktail sauce!! Going off topic, what's going on with the price of lettuce!! Everywhere it's so expensive, I thought I would get one at GT since they're usually cheap, 3 romaine lettuce in a pkg was $6.97!!!! I picked up a top sirloin roast instead at independent!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I went to my Independent Grocer to pick up a few things, noticed in the flyer they had the sea quest shrimp for $7.88, I thought I would check it out. I see the PC big shrimp with cocktail sauce it's in the flyer reg $19.99 in the flyer On sale for $16.99, they are replacing that one for the sea quest one because they didn't get the sea quest one in!! I couldn't believe it!! The sea quest one's are the small baby shrimp...these one's are jumbo one's!! They are 2 layers thick with shrimp, and the cocktail sauce!! Going off topic, what's going on with the price of lettuce!! Everywhere it's so expensive, I thought I would get one at GT since they're usually cheap, 3 romaine lettuce in a pkg was $6.97!!!! I picked up a top sirloin roast instead at independent!!
    Love it when substitutions like that happen!!
    SavvyLady likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Nice score on the shrimp.

About the lettuce, there has been supply problems due to 2 reasons:
    California drought affected the crops, before California has the floods.
    A crack down on illegal residents in states where lettuce is grown-- some are being deported and some remain in hiding for fear of being deported. The Donald said he would look into illegial residents before he was elected president and it looks like that is going on.
    Lavender Lady and SavvyLady like this.

Thread Information