User Tag List

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @coupon girl thank for posting the new thread, I agree it's hard to believe it's February already. Ashlyn I'm sure will love having Nana around 1 extra day a week.
    @lizzie bargain welcome home, can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your travel adventures.

Good evening everyone,

Yesterday I painted ds2's bedroom door & the bathroom door, I've been wanting to add a new fresh coat of paint. Tomorrow I will ds'2 closet door and the closet door in the entryway. It's amazing what a coat of paint does

Supper tonight was shrimp pasta and it was yummy.

I've been pre-occupied lately and it needs to stop. I need positive distractions so I will tackle atleast 1 household project a day to lift my spirit and bring the shine back into the house.

The kids are off tomorrow as it's a PA day, so I will put youngest to work baking and oldest to removing the door knobs so I can paint.

If anyone sees a sale in the new set of flyers for Barilla pronto could you please let me know, thanks

Wishing everyone a great evening
    Pretty sure it is Sobey's that has that sale on!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @jasperandchar: Just checking in quickly, but Barilla Pronto is on the first page of Sobey's.

Will catch up when I have more sleep!
    Great eyes and pasta catch, @Sweetsparrow !

No rush, @jasperandchar , the new Sobey's flyer starts tomorrow so you do can do your planned activities with your sons today.

Toonies for Tummies campaign will begin tomorrow at some grocery stores. Happened to catch end of a Twitter party last night about it.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:08 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela_273 -pizza dough recipe is up! http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/420161-...a/#post6740491

I do make the dough by hand; can only roll dough about halfway with a pin, then it's stretch an edge and keep doing it all around until you get to the pan rim or as close as you can without tearing dough (sometimes it happens-just pinch and press and continue or get those toppings on). Will say when the dough is soft and kneading wonderfully, it is one of my favourite moments-such a tactile experience. Your junior pizza chefs will get into the fun when they can manage to knead their own pieces after you make the dough. For now, you are top chef!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Natalka Since you live in Saskatchewan, what do you consider to be a good price for lean ground pork? $2.29/lb at the CO-OP starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure about the price.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Folded clean laundry on my lunch break. And put a load of whites in the washer.

I took out a family pack of lean beef from the freezer this morning. Thinking homemade burgers and Greek salad for tomorrow night.

Tonight- I bought 2 large family packs of Oliveria pasta last week for $1.05 each (Reg $7.99 each reduced to $1.50 then 30% off sticker) Had to buy 2 for that price. Will make garlic bread to go with it. And if I can dig some sausage out of freezer will fry that up for the boys to go with it (I am not a sausage lover at all...yuck )
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow my grocery bill came to a bit over a hundred (I needed a lot of staples )-mind you I saved 20.00 turned in some p.c points -it always helps ,mind you I bought reduced potatoes .99 ,carrots .99 and broccoli for .99 gonna freeze the broccoli
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @jasperandchar : Just checking in quickly, but Barilla Pronto is on the first page of Sobey's.

Will catch up when I have more sleep!
    Thank you, I'll have a look at the flyer

Hope you are resting while you can and how is the baby's reflux doing? take care
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I forgot to take out the ground beef from the freezer so I guess it will be homemade burgers tomorrow like @Frugalbigmama .

So I guess it will be a BLT night.

It's so cold outside today and the house is chilly, I've been stoking the fire all day, hopefully it starts to warm up soon.
    @lizzie bargain lovely pictures, did you do an Alaskan cruise?
    @Natalka I hope you feel better soon and also those that have loved ones that are not feeling well.

My plans for the day got diverted but the boys kept busy doing some chores.

I'll conquer the baking in a little while.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & evening
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My MIL watches my 1 yo, one morning a week (Thursday). Starting in March, she will take my niece (1) and nephew (3) on Friday for a full day. She has started taking her mom shopping now on Thursday with my 1 yo because she knows it is feasible, one busy half morning. Baby and great gramma love it too. She used to do the shop on Friday. She says, I am sowing into their lives and building relationship. I always tell her, the minute it becomes a burden I will pay someone, because I want her to be a gramma, not my child care. I know it is only one morning a week, but I think as long as it is what you want, it is nobody else's business.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2017 at 02:10 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow my grocery bill came to a bit over a hundred (I needed a lot of staples )-mind you I saved 20.00 turned in some p.c points -it always helps ,mind you I bought reduced potatoes .99 ,carrots .99 and broccoli for .99 gonna freeze the broccoli
    I just looked at the RCSS flyer started today and excited to see .99 sale on mushrooms, tomatoes etc. See we can still shop/eat smart and healthy
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

I forgot to take out the ground beef from the freezer so I guess it will be homemade burgers tomorrow like @Frugalbigmama .

So I guess it will be a BLT night.

It's so cold outside today and the house is chilly, I've been stoking the fire all day, hopefully it starts to warm up soon.
    @lizzie bargain lovely pictures, did you do an Alaskan cruise?
    @Natalka I hope you feel better soon and also those that have loved ones that are not feeling well.

My plans for the day got diverted but the boys kept busy doing some chores.

I'll conquer the baking in a little while.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & evening
    Oh my man made the best dinner the other night. It was a big surprise and he wouldn't let me in the kitchen lol He made the best and biggest BLT's with Greek Salad. I forced myself to eat 1/2 the sandwich. My son's friend happily ate the half lol
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ Natalka Since you live in Saskatchewan, what do you consider to be a good price for lean ground pork? $2.29/lb at the CO-OP starting tomorrow, but I'm not sure about the price.
    That's the best price I've seen in ages, just over $5/kg. I usually buy it at $6.59/kg - Co-op or Sobeys.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's -30 with the windchill, but I'm still trying to be productive. Baby girl slept in this morning after being up for 2hrs last night. All of the kids are happy, so that's good. I traded out some toys from a bin in our shed. I took more big things out than what I brought in, which is good. I sold a singing Sesame Street book for $5, within less than an hour of posting it. I called some more companies for coupons. I need to arrange a trade for dry Whiskas cat food coupons, we are almost out. I've checked out the electronic flyers for my area and didn't find a lot that interests me, good thing since I did a big shop last week with the Sobeys Air Miles offers.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm thinking I will make a big pot of chili on the weekend. Have the beef in freezer, peppers, celery, onions, beans etc etc. Will be a good way to use up the peppers I have left over and remove another big package of beef from the freezer. And then we can eat all week for lunch!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I am sorting some recycling from the basement. Putting clean laundry away. 30 mins on treadmill.
    Dumping the junk drawer and cleaning it out when I finally take a break! And hopefully to be early!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information