User Tag List

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    We were going to go do some shopping today as a Kitchen Store in the Mall is closing down and has a clearance sale on but we decided after some discussion we would skip it. The only thing we really need is a oil spritzer but we both know if we went we would come home with a lot more so decided we will use a Canadian Giftcard I got from doing a survey and buy on there instead.

Just waiting for Mom to get great ready and we will take out some garbage and recycling from some recent cleaning so the cleaning can continue. I think Mom is finally on board with my plan to clean the main floor vs the basement. I get her point of view that a lot of stuff on the main floor needs to go down to the basement but at the end of the day we do very little in the basement right now, it is basically just storage we do not have any furniture other then shelving down there, we just go to down to get stuff out of the stockpile or do laundry. So I feel since we do all of our living on the Main Floor I feel that should be our focus because if I am being honest I am going insane with stuff everywhere, I think I am being claustrophobic.

I decided to start a new crochet project last night, I really haven't been crocheting lately as I haven't been able to find the time. I have been working 12 to 14 hour days to try to get a few things done for work. So I decided to start making a scarf I really have no use for so once it is done I will post it for sale. I have decided any of my crochet I sell I will put the money aside to buy more yarn. A couple times a year there are a few good sales which I like to stock up at and this way the money is set aside and I do not have to feel guilty about spending money on yarn.

At some point this weekend I need to clean up our budget, lately by the time I done work working with numbers just isn't an option so by the end of this weekend I need to get it caught up and get back on track with making sure everything is reconciled with every pay.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm reading up on getting an Android box and possibly Netflix. I've never had either. I called our internet and cable provider this morning to confirm how much we are paying. If we got rid of our cable, then it would cut our bill in 1/2. I've sent Dh the links where I have been reading. I don't know much about the topic, so I currently don't know what Android box to get. Any recommendations?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/395034-...-cable-canada/

We discontinued our home phone last year.
    Does it allow you to watch more current shows or like netflicks the stuff that's been out for a while?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent $69 at No Frills, pm'd two items, used $8.50 in coupons, and earned 10,000pts.

I'll still need to head to Wal-Mart to get diapers, etc. that match up with the CO51 offers and coupons.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening everyone,

Pretty low key day here, the kids went over to inlaws this am, eldest is staying the night again. Dh was sluggish today so we just relaxed.

I think I will have to bake again tomorrow, I made 2 rhubarb cakes on Friday (9x13), I froze 1 and kept 1 out and well 3 pieces left .

So I'm thinking cookies, I haven't make cookies in ages and I figure they more be a welcomed changed (haha)
    @Ciel congrats on having your taxes done and mailed....phew, we're still waiting for 4 slips. I'm hoping they arrive this coming week.
    @SassyAshley glad that you have a plan in place and that things are shaping up.
    @Barbi s hope you feel better soon
    @Angela273 I'm jealous of your points offers, my pc point offers always suck. We get 90% of our points because of the pc mastercard.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is an Activia Challenge contest that is almost over. When I first entered the contest account it gave me a free $1 coupons before I entered any codes.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Jasperandcher this was the first time in over a year that I have received the 7,500pts wub $75 offer. I had some low point offers for other things we buy, like Activia yogourt.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't believe that it went up to 15 today! I did all my returns but forgot my No Frills flyer to price match at Giant Tiger. Was exhausted half way through Costco. They have ink cartridge refills for Canon 240XL for $12.99 - I hope it works as that would save me money. I was checking out the USB ports on a laptop at Costco and inadvertently set off the alarm....within seconds two employees came and I apologized profusely - I blame it on my chest cold.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Feb 18th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    We were going to go do some shopping today as a Kitchen Store in the Mall is closing down and has a clearance sale on but we decided after some discussion we would skip it. The only thing we really need is a oil spritzer but we both know if we went we would come home with a lot more so decided we will use a Canadian Giftcard I got from doing a survey and buy on there instead.

Just waiting for Mom to get great ready and we will take out some garbage and recycling from some recent cleaning so the cleaning can continue. I think Mom is finally on board with my plan to clean the main floor vs the basement. I get her point of view that a lot of stuff on the main floor needs to go down to the basement but at the end of the day we do very little in the basement right now, it is basically just storage we do not have any furniture other then shelving down there, we just go to down to get stuff out of the stockpile or do laundry. So I feel since we do all of our living on the Main Floor I feel that should be our focus because if I am being honest I am going insane with stuff everywhere, I think I am being claustrophobic.

I decided to start a new crochet project last night, I really haven't been crocheting lately as I haven't been able to find the time. I have been working 12 to 14 hour days to try to get a few things done for work. So I decided to start making a scarf I really have no use for so once it is done I will post it for sale. I have decided any of my crochet I sell I will put the money aside to buy more yarn. A couple times a year there are a few good sales which I like to stock up at and this way the money is set aside and I do not have to feel guilty about spending money on yarn.

At some point this weekend I need to clean up our budget, lately by the time I done work working with numbers just isn't an option so by the end of this weekend I need to get it caught up and get back on track with making sure everything is reconciled with every pay.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
    Thats what i try to do with my knitting too....in my head. More often than not i gift items i make and end up with a stash like .... (see below)...and i have to admit to a basket by the couch with my nephews almost completed blankie and some more yarn is currently packed for our move along with more completed projects I've yet to get around to taking to a craft fair to sell. Yarn may be my guilty pleasure ...but i get alot given to me and purchase from the thrift store or facebook. Bf still has me beat weekly with what he spends smoking. Mine eventually makes money or saves in the formof being ready with a gift.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I started packing a bit today for our move. Possession and renovations start March 1st. We will move as we paint and refloor
    We have to be done and repair hold back from the mortgage advanced by April 23rd.
    I went through the bathroom cupboards and a Rubbermaid in our room to find expired items or just plain junk. Reorganized the Rubbermaid so whats there just rolls on out our door next month.

Thrill for me i purchased a pair of pants and a pair of jeans full size smaller for $3 as I've been loosing weight on my meds. They fit!

Bf is home sick today so i couldn't bingewatch the shows i like and he hates. A little miffed because it wasthe first chance I'vehad since Christmas and now i wont get another chance until the first week if April. Because if the way it works with his 7 in 3 off 7 on 4 off and us switching the boys back from their mom every other week. Im honestly hoping with the new house and the boys having tv in the rec room ill get occasionally more chance to watcha girlie movieor show! Food, dr pol, house hunters, home reno shows and Alaskan shows get boooiring at times.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Feb 18th, 2017 at 08:43 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-had so much fun watching Sebastian last night -daughter made us her famous pizza for supper then we had an ice cream bar later after the baby was down -I had him on his mat and in his jumper-he doesn't cry when you change him anymore -ahh so sweet -I sang itsy bitsy spider to him and got a beautifull smile -I took them a box of diapers I figure I do for one here (ashlyn) so I will buy for him also -I got to feed him pablum -and put him down at 8.20 after his bottle but he woke up screaming with darn teething -got him back to sleep at 9.10 daughter and her hubby came in the door at 9.30
    -and guess what I got a call this morning from her thanking me for watching him last night "we so much apprectiate it mom" her hubby talked all about how he missed sebastain as they were eating supper out -lol
    -grandkids are sooo much fun !

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

now its my turn to be sick with that darn cold, its ahead cold too so I have the headache that goes with it. at least the weather is lovely.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yay, all of our kids slept through the night last night. I am close to finishing a long teaching application that I worked on again last night. I started my day at 6:30am, when all 3 kids got up for the day. We were ready for church too early, so we stopped by Wal-Mart and I ran in by myself. I bought 1/2 price Spider-Man Valentine's for next year, 6pk of cheap sippy cups, two boxes of Huggies diapers, and a box of Huggies Pull-Ups. I used $7 in coupons and $11 from CO51, it was expensive, but I still saved a fair bit on things that we need.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh is going to take our son for free indoor skating after nap time. The public school division has sponsored free swimming this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon is the annual free swim that is sponsored by our local Lion's club. They serve free sloppy joes, hotdogs, drinks, draws for prizes, and their mascot is usually there. We plan on going tomorrow. Our Lion's club sponsors free swimming from 4-6pm on most Fridays from October to March, too bad Dh is at work at that time. Public swimming is quite expensive in my community. An adult costs $10 for one day.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow angela $10 for an adult for one day to swim -that is a lot an adult at our local pool is $4.60

-well did a load of laundry and I went down to one kitchen junk drawer -yeah I had 2 but tossed stuff ,condensed and now my new drawer holds all the freezer bags ,sandwich bags ,tin foil ,saran wrap ,freezer paper etc and in front one small tray of pens and pencils

-super was bbq chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes with gravy and steamed broccoli-yummm just finished

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh is going to take our son for free indoor skating after nap time. The public school division has sponsored free swimming this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon is the annual free swim that is sponsored by our local Lion's club. They serve free sloppy joes, hotdogs, drinks, draws for prizes, and their mascot is usually there. We plan on going tomorrow. Our Lion's club sponsors free swimming from 4-6pm on most Fridays from October to March, too bad Dh is at work at that time. Public swimming is quite expensive in my community. An adult costs $10 for one day.
    $10 is a lot. Our local Y charges $5 for pool use.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Feb 19th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information