User Tag List

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9-i had aches all day today I watched ashlyn but she has a cold so she was on the couch with me -the extent today was eyelid bruised ,scrape under eye, scrapes on one elbow and one knee -bruise on my left arm is purple and big "ashlyn said nana that looks like playdoh (about the bruise on my arm"i just soaked in Epsom salts -thanks for the tip ceil but no pineapple here in the house -I am relaxing on Thursday for sure
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bf has a cold that started last thursday. Its ended up with him in the hospital er today...out via medic vac tomorrow morning for more tests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thank you all for your thoughts the other day. Bf got sent out, his tests done and after all the scary it might be's....i've never been do glad to hear "pneumonia"

He's home and resting.

Ive been doing alot of the arrangements for new power water and sewer connections. We have to arrange the phone yet but not terribly worried about it yet. We get our keys Wedenday!

I did ham and scalloped potatoes for supper tonight with cream style corn which i addrd nibblets into. We shoild have leftovers for tomorrow or for bots lunches.

I ordered some canvas prints ...ok 7....from posterjack.ca last week 16x24 inch ones were on for 39.99 and at that time a 25%off coupon worked on them too....a friend went to order the sane thing 3 days later and they had changed the terms to apply to everything sitewide except the sale of the 16x24" canvases which were on sale. We at work reordered a few because they are going to make fabulous Christmas gifts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Granger sorry for your loss.

Saundly I had the exact same moment with Mom a few years ago, there were a lot of it could be this or that and when they finally said pneumonia it was like okay that is good, not good she is sick but way better then most of the other options you gave.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 07:49 AM.
    saundyl, ROMEO, Angela273 and 6 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

My grandmother (paternal) died a week ago yesterday. Her funeral is tomorrow so I am taking the day off of work. She suffered from Alzheimer's for 8 years and is now free from the confines of her mind. While we are all adjusting (and trying to limit the family drama as there has been some), I am at peace with it.
    Granger, I'm so very sorry for your loss...

Name:  Sympathy-Card-019-450x281.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  41.3 KB
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning. Snow is really going down here.
    My dishwasher had a light on and wasn't letting me turn it on. My honey googled the manual and it told him how to clear it lol. So happy for google for things like this. I made myself do 30 mins on the treadmill last night after I cleaned up the kitchen. My legs are feeling it today.
    Hockey tonight. Will whip up a good dinner for DS before we head to the arena.

Received my SEARS order. I think they paid more to ship it to me then I paid for the entire order. 4 separate packages. Delivered by UPS. The boxers that I paid $2.04 for were delivered Tuesday. The other 3 packages yesterday. That was my 1st time ordering from Sears online. Way too easy But very happy with my deals.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @jasperandchar -the truck may be worth investing the motor money if the model year still has good things about it compared to other model years. Though since you have another Dodge product, you may wish for DH to consider a truck that you'd feel comfortable driving too if replacing the truck is in the cards (but not at the expense of your dream vacation to China). Dodge trucks tend to look rather huge. What about a GMC crew cab?
    The truck is a 2005 and has 300,000 KMS so it's been well driven & used. The body needs quite a bit of work on top of the engine etc so all in all the total would be closer to 10K with the expensive body work etc. So not worth investing all that $

As for China I will be tucking away $1K each year form my income tax and plan on going in 3 years so I'm not given up on this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger so sorry for the loss of your grandma, I hope there's not too much drama.

It's sad enough when people pass away then there's the stress of greed to top it off in certain circumstances.

Good Morning everyone,

Ds1's winter jacket zipper broke today, the coat has been well worn & loved but it's not feasible to pay to have the zipper replaced. I will get him to look online and see if there is anything that peaks his interests, I guess 1 bonus is the winter jackets are all on sale o there's some savings there.

Dh & ds1 are going to the Ottawa boat & sportsman show this Saturday.

My mom called and told me she was celebrating her birthday this Saturday at a restaurant, since I won't drive into the city because of my OCD I won't be attending, I'm really dreading telling her this as she's been really pissy lately, oh well it's beyond my control. Also I have stomach issues which she knows and I refuse to eat in a restaurant and suffer for hours later or the most bothersome is stuck in a public bathroom for a long time until my tummy settles.

My dad is really grumpy and my mum has been taking on some of my dad's I don't give a sh*t attitude the last month. She's inviting a friend to her bday dinner which went to my nieces house and went through her drawers & cabinets and my niece has no idea she is inviting this person. I don't feel it's my place BUT my mom's like oh well she'll have to deal with it. If I were my niece and this person showed up at the dinner I would personally walk out.

Wishing everyone a great day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday our son wanted to learn how to sew when I was mending his red shirts, I told him what I was doing and let him help. I'll need to get some scrap material or an old shirt to cut up and let him practice.

My leg is causing me a brutal amount of pain today. I did one load of laundry last night and have another one in the dryer right now. I folded our son's clothes and had him put them away again. It melted about one foot of snow and cleared most of the streets and sidewalks in town, but we now have 1" of fresh fluffy snow. I wanted to take the kids to a library program this morning, but our son is having trouble with constipation today. We know from experience that it's not worth going when he feels like this. We are nearly out of milk, so I guess we'll go to Sobeys for a few things later today when he is feeling better.

Today's Sobeys plan
    3 free cookies from the bakery
    free prenatal vitamins from the pharmacy because I am still nursing.
    3/$1 Fruit To Go bars - multiple $2 coupons = free. The amount I buy is based on the flavours. If they have a long shelf life, then I'll stash most of them for our son's Kindergarten lunches in the fall
    $1 Larabar - 75c Caddle rebate x2
    4L jug 2% milk - to hold us until tomorrow's big shop

I submitted my 5th teaching application last night. I'll start new applications to other school divisions soon. My dad doesn't think that I should work until the twins are 5yrs old. He also doesn't think that we should move in order for me to work. It's not a decision that Dh and I take lightly. I'm applying for teaching contracts where Dh will be able to transfer within his company.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post

Received my SEARS order. I think they paid more to ship it to me then I paid for the entire order. 4 separate packages. Delivered by UPS. The boxers that I paid $2.04 for were delivered Tuesday. The other 3 packages yesterday. That was my 1st time ordering from Sears online. Way too easy But very happy with my deals.
    That is what I thought too when I ordered blinds that were in 2 separate orders and UPS delivered them.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Angela. back in the day we used to have sewing cards to teach our kids to hand stitch. they were basically a cute simple picture of a dog or bunny and holes were punched around the out line, and the little one just sewed using the pre punched holes. i found these were a great way to teach a little one to do simple stitches because of the rigidity of the cardboard. You could easily just punch some holes in some cardboard and use a darning needle.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 12:16 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well that picture was a litle large,sorry.
    Just dropping by, it has been awhile, hope everyone that is feeling sick is on the mend.
    So sorry to hear of your loss Granger, we were at a party last week and one of the ladies I was visiting with has been a nurse on the Alzheimer ward for 15 years. We talked at length about the frustrations of this horrible illness, I agree your grandmother is free from her mind.I couldn't imagine how awful living with that is.
    Things are rolling along here, I am making a felted sweater quilt to make the winter evenings pass a little faster, I have been admiring them on Etsy for a few years and thought I would take the plunge, it is coming along nicely but it is a messy process!
    Enjoy the day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Made $50 on Kijiji - was so happy that the person showed up as I haven't had much success on this site recently, and a rebate cheque of $15.49 in the mail today made me smile. My chest cold/throat is slowly getting better and it is a nice sunny day, high of 12 I think
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Angela. back in the day we used to have sewing cards to teach our kids to hand stitch. they were basically a cute simple picture of a dog or bunny and holes were punched around the out line, and the little one just sewed using the pre punched holes. i found these were a great way to teach a little one to do simple stitches because of the rigidity of the cardboard. You could easily just punch some holes in some cardboard and use a darning needle.
    He has started doing this with yarn, but I like your idea of letting him use the darning needle to practice.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I totally remember having these!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight is pork loin medalions (I will cut them up myself = lots of savings) and homemade hashbrown (thinly cut canned potatoes) they come out like kettle chips for whatever reason I'm guessing because they were canned, who knows but they are delicious.
    @Barbi s congrats on the sale
    @Angela273 you amaze me with everything you do in a day with 3 little ones, I feel like such a slacker at times

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information