User Tag List

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm disappointed because I spent 2hrs trying to find clothes for me at our second hand stores. I tried on nearly 20 pairs of dress pants and jeans, but I ultimately left empty handed. I don't really have dress pants that fit me, so that's concerning when I'm hoping to have job interviews.
    If Reitman's suits you in pants, take advantage of this weekend's buy 1 get 1 at 50% off sale (ends tomorrow). I was in a Reitman's store to get 3 pr of socks and staff was trying to get me to buy 4pr but I had a limited amount of money left on hand (after buying hosiery at two other stores plus bus fares). There is also a new arrivals 20% off code http://www.reitmans.com/ (at top of page) only good for online orders.
    Since you are always trying to balance budgets at home, think of the new pants as your professional wardrobe investment. I may have to visit Long Tall Sally to try pants on because I've struck out on secondhand pants for 2016 and don't want a repeat in 2017. My navy pair from 2015 need to be replaced very soon-they are almost completely worn out.

I really want the Verona Blue 3/4 bell sleeve tee but missed the earlier sales on tops-I have a $25 off online code from doing a survey but cannot use it yet. And I realized I dislike mall shopping on Saturday afternoons while trying to rush to beat the snow flurries that came down around 2pm. I have to wait to see if the top price goes on sale again and get it before it goes or just buy one now and be done with the suspense.

Sears store at Lime Ridge Mall -upper level where appliances used to be-plastic tarps have blocked off the section. Sears has banners indicating major renovations-could a grocery store be on the way? Downstairs, there is only one womens wear checkout-the one in lingerie. The other checkout that used to be by the women's fitting rooms during Xmas season is gone. I went to men's wear to cash out as the other line was taking too long to move (two cash registers open with long tranactions (coat swap or other product changes) and two other staff not running tills but looking at something in cupboards. Hosiery section-those 50% off women's tights-limited offer sign at top of tight display-does not apply to Jessica tights. But the offer did apply to Silks tights so I bought that pair and left the two other brands behind.

Did a third walk last night and got $1.50 in refund money. Found three McCafe stickers but lost one somehow. Have some reduced price cauliflower to wash and to chop-will roast the veggies with parsnips (using curry powder and oil) and dried apricots on Monday.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Feb 25th, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Ciel I don't know if I've ever shopped at Riwtman's. I think I'll have to check at Mark's Work Wearhouse, I tend to forget that they carry some women's dress clothes. I could always try Wal-Mart. I'm 5' 10" tall, so pants need to be long enough but also not too tight on my injured leg.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold a grocery bag of sleepers today for $10, good timing since stuff was heading for the shed after being posted for weeks. I'm going to "Hidden Figures" with a friend this evening, our local theatre only accepts cash.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So pleased. Picked up paint brushes, trays, rollers and drop cloths for the new house today and found that LED light bulbs were on sale ocer 50% off so we now have 15 or 16 new regular bulbs for our house and 6 vanity type. Ill put a claim in to arctic energy alliance on monday and we'll get about $50 of what we spent back. I also found 2 master controlled powerbars for $24 and 2 for $34 for tvs a dvd players xbox es etc...a good 50% less than the one we bought 3 years ago.

We are seriously hoping to have a lower power bill with led, motion lights in the boys rooms anda woodstove. We are also getting a tankless water heater. Which we can apply for a rebate for too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Feb 25th, 2017 at 09:18 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Stock pile items come from our regular budget as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -I know Ricki's is the other chain womenswear store that carries tall sizes (as Reitman's does) but am not certain you'd be able to find anything in a natural waist>the styles at both stores are lower-waisted. My pants have a lower waist below the my own waistline and they happened to be tall pants on the sales rack-though the pants are a wide-legged style. I had looked at Reitman's sales racks crammed with jeans and some career pants earlier this month, but nothing looked like what I am seeking (navy poly-rayon which launders quickly and air-dries rather quickly with radiator on at night, natural waist and with a pocket). Reitmans is usually good for a glen check or two in pants then the solids colours. Marks Work Wearhouse could have bootcut pants, that flare out a bit from the knee to hem-the styles tend to have spandex in the fibre content.

These pants are on sale at Long Tall Sally: https://www.longtallsally.com/ca/sal...sale/c?d=pants

Ricki's tall pants-I entered 33" inseam for example. Most waistbands are wide on the pants:
    http://www.rickis.com/apparel/pants-/?gsizelink=three
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I sold a grocery bag of sleepers today for $10, good timing since stuff was heading for the shed after being posted for weeks. I'm going to "Hidden Figures" with a friend this evening, our local theatre only accepts cash.
    I fully recommend this movie, if anyone has the opportunity to go, it is very well done. After the movie my friend and I headed out for desert. I was pleasantly surprised when the supervisor gave me my free birthday desert since I hadn't been there since my birthday. I had a great evening out and returned home to 3 sleeping children. Twin boy managed to get a goose egg while I was gone, but those things happen from time to time.

This afternoon dh will be taking our son to a $2 movie called "Snowtime!" It is playing at our local theatre as a TeleMiracle fundraiser.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you Ciel for the suggestions and research. Ricki's changed what they carry in recent years to the point where I have had a difficult time buying what I need from them. Our local Ricki's went out of business, so maybe I should check out their online options and shipping policy. I happen to have an old gift card with $4 left on it.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good morning everyone,

Hoping dh finishes the painting downstairs and then it will be done unless he needs to do drywall touch-ups.

I'm going to get dh to make of list with measurements for our doors downstairs, we need to order custom trim which is expensive (this way the whole house matches). I'm hoping to request a quote this week and hopefully place the order. This way we'll have the trim and it hopefully will all be installed before the nicer weather and dh's moves his attentions outside.

Supper tonight is homemade burgers on the bbq w/ pasta salad.

I have a whole chicken out for tomorrow's supper and I'll do some baking while the oven is going, I'm thinking pecan pie muffins.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Butter chicken in the crock pot as the team has driving school all day and has just 30 minutes to eat before he heads off to work. today is just a big day of catch up as yesterday I was appliance shopping. Everything is picked, but I am going to buy it later this week so it will be on the next months credit card. We have the cash but I want the points.
    We will also put the down payment down for the cabinetry this week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Butter chicken in the crock pot as the team has driving school all day and has just 30 minutes to eat before he heads off to work. today is just a big day of catch up as yesterday I was appliance shopping. Everything is picked, but I am going to buy it later this week so it will be on the next months credit card. We have the cash but I want the points.
    We will also put the down payment down for the cabinetry this week.
    Very exciting when does the contractor start?

If your cabinets are in good shape you could sell them perhaps and get a little extra for the renos.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

One of the most frugal pay-offs I've made is to attach a small whiteboard with magnets on its back to my fridge. (A piece of paper attached with a magnet would probably do as well.) I write down everything in the fridge that needs to be used soon...from veggies in the drawers to leftovers to sour cream....everything. I got so tired of throwing out good food because it got stuck in a deep corner or at the back of the veggie drawer. Now I know exactly what to use today or tomorrow, and it really isn't trouble to keep the list of about 8 or so items up to date.
    Last edited by wendymac; Sun, Feb 26th, 2017 at 02:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I have decided that I am not looking forward to April with house and car insurance and some income tax payable-yuck! At least the $ are in the bank. Of course I am sure this will be mild compared to what will be going out in Sept for university for DD-fortunately that is in the RESP. Anyway it won't stop me travelling-lol. I leave Wed for a couple of weeks in the East( frugal trip on airline pts and staying with friends/reles) and then another frugal spring break trip at the end of March with DD( free accomodation and taking our car to avoid flight costs and car rentals). I am definitely ready for spring!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Very exciting when does the contractor start?

If your cabinets are in good shape you could sell them perhaps and get a little extra for the renos.
    the construction of the space will start at the end of April because our contractor is busy with anther project. Cabinetry will go in late May. I am buying the appliances in March because the fridge is on sale until the end of Mach and Tasco will store them until we are ready.
    the current kitchen is about 25 years old so still has life into, but in this city people rip out perfectly good stuff all the time, I see full kitchens for sale on the FB groups that are practically new but not someone's taste. So I am going o have ours taken away by the restore. then I can get a tax donation receipt for it and not have the hassle of trying to compete with all the other kitchens for sale. We put everything we had saved for the kitchen into our RRSP in order to get a huge tax return and then that will pay for 50% of the reno & we have more saved, so with this timeline all the money will be in place and ideally the LOC sees little of this debt.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

6 years ago my hubby put our old kitchen cabinets downstairs on one wall in a L shape formation I use them to store health and beauty stuff ,toilet paper on top and some old dishes I still use
    -had the best day today my son and his family came over at noon my daughter and her family were at her in-laws overnight then came here -so Ashlyn got to see her little cousin and we treated our kids to fortinos wings and fries and ceasar salad for my son's birthday (my son is 32 on Monday)-I got 8,000 p.c points for the hot food to today -it was a nice gathering today -I loved it

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information