User Tag List

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done. Kitchen cleaned. Leftovers from dinner ready to take for out lunches tomorrow.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh won some free stuff at the $2 movie. A blue Telemiracle t-shirt in my size, a $7 gift certificate to our local theatre, and a snack pack of Oreo minis.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -glad you enjoyed your movie outing. I noticed an interview with Janelle Monae in one of the Toronto Star papers-she knew of astronaut Mae Jemison but nothing about the three women working for NASA. She's on a quest to make their names known worldwide.

I heard my brother telling someone that we were going to have a relative pop over so I did a quick tidy-up of two areas (funny how the men don't that in this house) and scooted into the sunshine. $2.70 in can refunds, last sticker for second hot chocolate, another bag of cans for redemption tomorrow and I found a dirty toonie not far from where I walked two nights ago. I was thinking how the spot where I found that last $5 bill in Oct had not shown any $5s lately. A few minutes later, I spot the toonie thanks to Ms. Sunshine and think, ok March bank fee is covered and I'll have about $3 towards April's fee! Stretch goal is to have $16 in the bank so when the April HST payment arrives, I don't buy anything until I get the walking shoes (which I had planned on buying in January until I got Boxing Day sales fever).

Have carrots peeled and chopped into sticks and one of three heads of cauliflower chopped tonight-will roast one pan of veggies in the morning and the remaining veggies will be for another day.Noticed one salad dressing expires tomorrow so emptied the bottle and washed it for the blue box. Have to add another bottle to the box as it has a week left. Itching to toss a couple of other food items from fridge because they've been in too long (but they belong to someone else). Last night, I actually found a half loaf of bread that was blue-green in the pantry-I took out the bag of scraps right away with that loaf too. Could not believe Dad lets bread get that bad and does not toss it out. If I could MacGyver the smoke detector to chirp a warning to check foods everytime someone open the pantry doors...I'd get the point across not to let anything go bad.

It felt cold this morning/early afternoon but temperature was rising somewhat during the afternoon. Hard to believe -10C start today and tomorrow's high is 9C. I picked up some branches that broke off in yesterday's winds.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh won some free stuff at the $2 movie. A blue Telemiracle t-shirt in my size, a $7 gift certificate to our local theatre, and a snack pack of Oreo minis.
    Sweet!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! 2 Days of work then off on Wednesday for a date day with my honey Will be home later in the evening so Grandma will be carting the kids around and feeding the youngest So plowing through the stuff on my desk at work so I can enjoy the day off.

Lunch today is leftovers- Pasta with a homemade chunky sauce of tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, onion with chicken.

Our RCSS had markdowns yesterday- Ritz mini cheese cracker sandwiches .94 Oreos were $1.88 less 30% off less .50 cent coupon on package. I have been feeling bad that I haven't bought junk in a long while for kids so bought 4 packages of each. For school lunch snacks! Need to go clean up the budget since tomorrow is payday.
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finally folded and put away two baskets of clothes last night. I completed another job application last night, I'll start on another one tonight.

February break is over, so our son is back in Pre-K this morning. The kids didn't get up super early, which is nice. I washed some dishes and have a load of laundry in the wash.

Last night's supper: home made sweet and sour meatballs with rice and boiled California veggies.
    Tonight's supper: oven baked chicken drumsticks, leftover rice, tossed salad
    Tomorrow's supper: leftover chicken drumsticks, not sure what else.
    Wednesday: ??
    Thursday: meatballs
    Friday: http://tiphero.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/ with rice on the side

I plan on going shopping at the CO-OP on Thursday, we should have enough milk until then. The kids will get their freebies from the various departments.
    - ECS card $50 rewards, if I buy that much
    Here is my potential grocery list.
    $1 French bread
    $1 mangoes - rain check
    $2 black berries - 50c coup
    50c off $2 tomatoes
    75c off $2 or more of fresh or frozen beef
    $2/lb lean ground pork value pack
    Krispix - $1.50 CO51
    Baking margarine - canola oil content
    $2 off any Sunrype product coupons
    2x $1 Larabar - 75c Caddle
    $3 Europe's Best Frozen fruit or veggies, limit 4 - coupons

I'm going to use lean ground pork with ground deer from my dad, which I will turn into a lot of meatballs. I'll oven bake them and freeze for future meals.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 27th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

[QUOTE=Angela273;6750513]I finally folded and put away two baskets of clothes last night. I completed another job application last night, I'll start on another one tonight.

February break is over, so our son is back in Pre-K this morning. The kids didn't get up super early, which is nice. I washed some dishes and have a load of laundry in the wash.

Last night's supper: home made sweet and sour meatballs with rice and boiled California veggies.
    Tonight's supper: oven baked chicken drumsticks, leftover rice, tossed salad
    Tomorrow's supper: leftover chicken drumsticks, not sure what else.
    Wednesday: ??
    Thursday: meatballs
    Friday: http://tiphero.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/ with rice on the side

I plan on going shopping at the CO-OP on Thursday, we should have enough milk until then. The kids will get their freebies from the various departments.
    - ECS card $50 rewards, if I buy that much
    Here is my potential grocery list.
    $1 French bread
    $1 mangoes - rain check
    $2 black berries - 50c coup
    50c off $2 tomatoes
    75c off $2 or more of fresh or frozen beef
    $2/lb lean ground pork value pack
    Krispix - $1.50 CO51
    Baking margarine - canola oil content
    $2 off any Sunrype product coupons
    2x $1 Larabar - 75c Caddle
    $3 Europe's Best Frozen fruit or veggies, limit 4 - coupons

I'm going to use lean ground pork with ground deer from my dad, which I will turn into a lot of meatballs. I'll oven bake them and freeze for future meals.[/QUOTE

I love having homemade meatballs (the only ones I eat!) to pull from the freezer! We are hoping for a deal on lean ground beef today that is on sale but we noticed the soon to expiry date is coming so hoping to find at clearance price today to go with my PC pts beef offer Will see. Great if it is if not we are good to use up what we have in freeze which is my plan.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to the doctors this morning -as the right side of my neck and shoulder was in pain the last few nights -he said I pulled this muscle that runs along there (from the awfull fall)and it will take 3-4 weeks to heal ,he also gave me a prescription for the pain
    -relaxing today -til we go out with daughter-in-law(her mom) and my son and hubby also Ashlyn to celebrate with them form my son's birthday today -it will be kelseys (not too frugal yesterday and today having food ordered in and eating out by hey life can be like that sometimes)
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -what about nachos on Wed? You can use the ground meat, tortilla chips, salsa and shredded cheese . I like that you have a lot of ground meat-different ways to use it in meals. One pan meal plus any sides or fresh vegetables.
    Or do you have items to make a cream of something soup, just for a change and can add toast or crackers, and maybe a fruit crumble?
    @lizzie bargain -hope you have a blast in Toronto when you arrive! Hit up Uniqlo and take a look at the Ines de la Fressange collection (if there is anything still on racks) when you are downtown at Toronto Eaton Centre (or at Yorkdale Mall if you are closer to that location). There is also a Christopher Lemaire U collection for men and women at the stores.
    @barbis9 -I saw that the Food Basics (you once wrote that is your closest store) flyer mentions La Molisana pasta for 99cents-check to see if the no. 58 Capellini (2cm) thin noodles are also on sale. Mom bought on Saturday from somewhere Bechtle traditional German egg noodles-super thin 4cm noodles. https://edelweissimports.com/bechtle-soup-noodles.html Check to see if the International Foods aisle might carry it at FB.

Had $2.80 in container refunds today and banked my change. Roasted one sheet pan of cauliflower/parsnips/carrots with some apricots. Have enough extra veg/apricots to do a second pan later in week. Updated my spreadsheet. A book I need for sewing came in so I have taken it out. Tossed out the second container of sliced zucchini-not sure if that triggered my headache or not last week (and have not had any other headaches despite recent rainy/windy weather-odd). Plan on making white bean dip with garlic and lemon so there's a readymade protein snack/meal if Mom tires of her food for Lent.

Forgot to bring some grocery money for new salad dressing, therefore it will have to be purchased tomorrow.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -went to the doctors this morning -as the right side of my neck and shoulder was in pain the last few nights -he said I pulled this muscle that runs along there (from the awfull fall)and it will take 3-4 weeks to heal ,he also gave me a prescription for the pain
    -relaxing today -til we go out with daughter-in-law(her mom) and my son and hubby also Ashlyn to celebrate with them form my son's birthday today -it will be kelseys (not too frugal yesterday and today having food ordered in and eating out by hey life can be like that sometimes)
    You are going to be lefthanded for a bit for chores and tasks while you ease into finding out what you can do with right arm given your pain situation. Got to skip heavy lifting unless the pain relief is working.
    Angela273, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Supper tonight is whole chicken in the oven, I will toss in some potatoes and have a 1 pot meal

Ds1's jacket broke last week and well tonight I have to make him sit with me an order a new one.

I placed ds2's birthday gift order and order part of MIL's bday gift as well. Ds2 finally gave me his list but sadly when I asked him last week if he wanted something he said no then changed his mind and the item is sold out on the source.ca, walmart.ca and bestbuy.ca. He is quite the procrastinator and well I feel badly but unfortunately this is a life lesson, oh well. So anyways I went with the 2nd options.

When I spoke with my mom on Friday, she wanted to come over on Friday this week for ds2's bday (his real bday), I told her no, I learnt my lesson last year when we had them over for a large home cooked meal on ds's actual bday and said never again. My dad is really grumpy and suffers from a real bad dose of foot & mouth disease, it's to the point where everytime he comes over I have to tell him it's not nice like a toddler and then he laughs, it's just too stressful to be honest.

I picked up a few items for Easter and I'll get a few more next month, it's much easier on the budget that way.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Ciel Thanks for the meal suggestions. I think we might have chicken and mushroom Alfredo with noodles.

This week I was thinking about baking oatmeal coconut cookies and apple crisp.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I just read an article that the NDP is trying to get Time of Use Hydro in Ontario done away with saying it really is not achieving it's purpose and is only adding stress to Ontarian's lives.

All I have to say is oh how a girl can dream.

Last Friday I worked part of the day from home and would have loved to do a few things well I was home (toss in a load of laundry, turn on the dishwasher) but due to time of use I had to wait which lead to me forgetting and it not getting done.

Also they want to change the structure of delivery fee so that there is no longer an up charge for rural living users.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No clearance lean beef. Which is for the best anyway. Would rather use up what we have- lots of chicken which is a healthier option. If I got the beef then I would want to make burgers- so added bread and probably a bad side of homefries lol!

Spent $1.88 on soon to expire 8 pk yogurt drinks for DS for his lunch the rest of the week. And picked up a free small coffee at the Walmart Mcdonalds. Not a bad lunch bread out of the office. Took lots of pictures of the new summer Gazebos they have coming out. We are totally making the backyard our relaxing spot. I have a beautiful teak set that I need cushions for (2 chairs, a couch and coffee table) The lady I bought the house from left it for me
    Ciel likes this.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information