User Tag List

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Since the kids ate at MIL's on Sunday, I will be making homemade burgers tonight. I need to take some bacon out as a topper.

I have to make some pasta for dh & mine's lunches for the week as well.

The couch blankets are washed and drying downstairs, once dry this afternoon I will do a large load and hang to dry as well.

I've transferred alotted funds to various accounts for March's budget.

I need to do up a grocery list of needs vs. wants, it's amazing how many things get crossed off the list when not necessary.

I'm really hoping for a sale on pc shrimp as I'm down to my last bag.

Wishing everyone a great day
    I miss Shrimp My man has developed an allergy to it now in the past 6 months.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The end of the month and I am finally not coughing....yes!!! Finished the medication but still have a week of using the puffers. Did grocery shopping yesterday and today I am returning back to my Y pool class. Two weeks of being sick has really made me stiff.
    @Ciel I have started checking McDonald coffee cups - people just toss them without removing the sticker. I found 3 yesterday and free potato wedges from a Tim's cup. $5 find is awesome.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Ciel I thought of you today as I sat at the exit off the 403...there in a ditch was a McDs coffee cup, sticker intact.
    @lilo0003 When I have free hands or a spare bag, I'm collecting McCafe cups to put into a garbage bin so I won't think they have stickers the next time I walk by. Also it makes the greenspace better for the returning birds who are getting more vocal by the day. Loss of many trees on my street in last half of 2016 due to housing builds so there will be wings doing the avian househunting shuffle.
    @barbis9 -the cup lotto continues this week given the free coffee at McDs (sibling did not know about it as he is a Timmies coffee fan of late)! Sticker hunt just adds something to do on a regular walk. You did well on your finds!
    @jasperandchar -wood stove living certainly helps with your heating/cooking needs. There's an art to when to put wood in and light the fire so that it's ready for cooking/baking meals. You are one up over those of us reliant on hydro or gas.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Granger: I think Silver Hills bread is either gluten free or has a loaf type that is. Last time I wrote to them, they sent 10x$1 off coupons to me. silverhillsbakery.com
    Thank you for mentioning. I looked but there didn't seem to be a GF version. They appear to sell at Costco, so I may have a look the next time I go.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The end of the month and I am finally not coughing....yes!!! Finished the medication but still have a week of using the puffers. Did grocery shopping yesterday and today I am returning back to my Y pool class. Two weeks of being sick has really made me stiff.
    @Ciel I have started checking McDonald coffee cups - people just toss them without removing the sticker. I found 3 yesterday and free potato wedges from a Tim's cup. $5 find is awesome.
    We had a friend dig in a garbage for her McD sticker that she forgot to take off. Made us laugh. I would have done the same.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    great finds, happy cup hunting
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I miss Shrimp My man has developed an allergy to it now in the past 6 months.
    I love love love my shrimp, the problem is I could eat the whole bag (lol), it's a nice change and delicious

Can you cook it or are his allergies that bad that he will have an allergic reaction to being around it? Either way that's too bad.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our cleaning lady at work does this, if anyone throws out a cup with a sticker still attached she takes them out and leaves the stickers on the person's desk. We have one guy who goes everyday but for whatever reason does not collect the stickers so he keeps them now and leaves them for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    We had a friend dig in a garbage for her McD sticker that she forgot to take off. Made us laugh. I would have done the same.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I love love love my shrimp, the problem is I could eat the whole bag (lol), it's a nice change and delicious

Can you cook it or are his allergies that bad that he will have an allergic reaction to being around it? Either way that's too bad.
    I love it too. And I had the youngest finally try it a few months ago (he never wanted to try it) and he likes it too.

He needs to go get tested so we know the severity of it. The last 3 times we had steak and shrimp he was violently sick. (his family has same allergy and one developed it later in life too) Sucks cause he likes it too. He is just happy it was not the red meat that did it lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh texted me at noon, he was 1hr behind at that time...so I'm not sure what time it will be when he gets home tonight.

Our son got the sniffles yesterday. Baby girl has been congested since she was up at 3am. I've put a Vicks like product on all of their chests. I'm hoping this is something we can fight off, it helps that the twins are still nursing so they will be getting my antibodies. We haven't had a sinus or chest cold in our house since the bad run we had in November.

edit: Dh was home in time to eat some food and take our son to gymnastics. I'll be getting our twins ready to go to this Metis event soon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 28th, 2017 at 06:58 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh watched Ashlyn today she was up at 6.30 I got there 6.45 too early I took my shoulder pad that I can heat in the microware for my shoulder -I was in pain all day -but will not take any pills when I am watching her for sure -plus she was being a little assertive 3 year old today but I figured she has a small cold plus not a lot of sleep makes for a tiny bit grumpy grandchild
    -anyway relaxing tonight as I babysit again Wednesday
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made the bean spread to go with tortilla chips for supper. Forgot that I purchased the no salt canned PC Blue Menu white kidney beans because after mixing in salt, the dip tasted somewhat unsalted--I then glanced at the label on the can.

Notice on Yahoo Canada News an update on possible proposed changes to Ontario's Employment Law. I thought last fall there would be some update on what coming changes might involve-hard to believe the matter started in 2015 and after at least two Toronto Star investigations on precariously employed people. Will have to see if the changes are for part-time as well as full-time employees.
    Full-time/part-time post-secondary students should be able to access their tuition tax slips from their schools' e-portals today and print them off (make sure the school cards have $ on them to pay for the print jobs).
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The Y tired me out yesterday or maybe it was Costco? Disappointed with Costco as I am not finding great deals - the store I go to is not busy most days. I did pick up a digital thermometer for $14.99 and some mixed nuts and had some food samples.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was up a lot last night with sick babies, they can't breathe very well through their noses. Dh helped, but he went to bed because he works. I hope that they fall to sleep when we pick up big brother from Pre-K, then I can try to grab a nap.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @lilo0003 When I have free hands or a spare bag, I'm collecting McCafe cups to put into a garbage bin so I won't think they have stickers the next time I walk by. Also it makes the greenspace better for the returning birds who are getting more vocal by the day. Loss of many trees on my street in last half of 2016 due to housing builds so there will be wings doing the avian househunting shuffle.
    @barbis9 -the cup lotto continues this week given the free coffee at McDs (sibling did not know about it as he is a Timmies coffee fan of late)! Sticker hunt just adds something to do on a regular walk. You did well on your finds!
    @jasperandchar -wood stove living certainly helps with your heating/cooking needs. There's an art to when to put wood in and light the fire so that it's ready for cooking/baking meals. You are one up over those of us reliant on hydro or gas.
    That is great that you are picking up these empty cups while on your walks. I hate the amount of garbage that I see from coffee cups and don't understand why people throw them on the ground. The dollar store sells extended grabbers (not sure what they are called) but I bought one and I use it to clean garbage on my front lawn. I may take it with me on my next walk - you have inspired me.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Mar 1st, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

None of my children have really napped yet today, max nap was 30min. I still managed to get caught up on all of the dishes, start tackling our cluttered bedroom, boxed stuff up to go out to the shed, folded and put away the only basket of clean laundry, and tidied in the nursery. I'm happy with the progress even if I didn't get a nap or to bake a dessert. Supper is partially made because the chicken drumsticks are already cook in the fridge. We're really looking forward to our garage sales. It is always a long day with our driveway full of stuff, but we make some pretty good money.

Our twins are finally asleep in my arms, so I'm going to try to lay them down for a late nap.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 1st, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information