User Tag List

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I looked for in-store pick up option too hoping that was an option. It says you can return at store so it should be free to return? I'm thinking that I may try it if I can't justify spending $99+ for free shipping. Just add a large item to hit the free shipping total and return it (I live close)
    Yes you can return the item to any Mark's store with the packing slip.

I didn't have as much luck as you ladies did. Two of the items I ordered looked like returned rejects - damaged clothing. I went to my local Mark's store and complained and they exchanged the items and price matched them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was doing really well budget wise and than I heard a noise in the front end of my car yesterday while driving to the Y. I went in for an oil change afterwards and sure enough they discovered what was causing the noise. Someone must have been looking out for me as today I had to be on the highway driving to Eastgate Square and I am so glad that my car was fixed and is now safe.

I redeemed my Chching reward that I won and treated myself to a pedicure and a hair wash and blow out.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Mar 10th, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    @jasperandchar - This story made me think of you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...take-1.4017953

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you for posting this link. I always thought being a female was a disadvantage at car dealerships but I figured the calculations would at least be correct. What an eye-opener.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, I wasn't surprised when I found out that my brother's family hit the road 4hrs late. This means that their twins won't be coming to our house today. The up side is that we all had a nap at the same time, I had a much needed nap. We had some invitations and plans for the weekend, we haven't decided what we will still do now that my brother wants me to keep his kids all day long. I really wish they planned better and gave notice.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    @jasperandchar - This story made me think of you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...take-1.4017953

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing and thinking of me

I'm still waiting to hear back from OMVIC they are super slow or most likely want to discourage me, I don't know which
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I was doing really well budget wise and than I heard a noise in the front end of my car yesterday while driving to the Y. I went in for an oil change afterwards and sure enough they discovered what was causing the noise. Someone must have been looking out for me as today I had to be on the highway driving to Eastgate Square and I am so glad that my car was fixed and is now safe.

I redeemed my Chching reward that I won and treated myself to a pedicure and a hair wash and blow out.
    Glad you treated yourself to some pampering and your vehicle is now fixed.

That's too bad about your marks order but atleast a happy ending.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Well, I wasn't surprised when I found out that my brother's family hit the road 4hrs late. This means that their twins won't be coming to our house today. The up side is that we all had a nap at the same time, I had a much needed nap. We had some invitations and plans for the weekend, we haven't decided what we will still do now that my brother wants me to keep his kids all day long. I really wish they planned better and gave notice.
    Angela you can't stop living for others that can't plan ahead. I know he's your brother and your nephews but there needs to be some respect and boundaries.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -nice treat for yourself
    -got back into online shopping today -haven't shopped in a month the bay sent me a 40%off coupon off one reg price item instore or online if I use my hbc mastercard -got hubby 2 more undershirts saved 16.00 off the price which is awesome plus added in 2 new face cloths -something of mine that are all wearing out and a toy for Sebastian for easter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Angela you can't stop living for others that can't plan ahead. I know he's your brother and your nephews but there needs to be some respect and boundaries.
    Agree with both of you about respect and boundaries. I spoke to Mom and said given that you don't exactly when your trip will happen in spring and your sister's ideas (Mom told her of trip prospect) and your intentions to visit relatives (on both sides) and that I don't know why sibling wants to go (his interests are way different from hers and he barely speaks the native language), you two need to talk this weekend and hash out what the priority of this trip is. I am viewing this as her last trip to Europe but also there needs to be prior contact with kin in advance of trip, not oh we'll call them when we arrive over there seat-of-the pants planning. No, people have farms, jobs, children. Also older relatives like senior Mom probably have certain times of day when they are up for company and when they just want to get on with their routines. There are two relations (one older than her and one uncle close to her age) that Mom had not seen on her last trip 5 years ago and clock is ticking. Upside of my conversations with Mom-really, she does not need more than 2 or 3 things for wardrobe as I got her several tops in recent months and she purchased a couple of items too. She has to figure out trip priority (so as to budget for travel costs, gifts and planned excursions, given her other desires to visit relations) and not be $$$ poorer due to ill-planning.

BTW, I am somewhat envious of the trip but don't desire to travel with sibling. At least he can drive manual transmission so there is the prospect of their car touring to different places without having to ask relatives to play chauffeur (which gets old after two or three forays) beyond airport pickup/return.

Overnight, an inch/2.5cm of snow fell! Noticed at least two tulip plants have leaves emerging. No sign of crocuses. Spring is coming up. Was glad I hustled Thursday for supplies/foods. Yesterday was stay at home day. Today is get that sunshine on my face day! Clock change tonight!
    @coupongirl -HBC online shopping with a deal is always fun (takes a long time to decide which items to choose but so worthwhile).
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gonna make banana bread with my 1.99 no name flour I got at shoppers last week -lol for free with my redemption
    -yep ceil love online shopping and it usually does take me at least an hour-but I knew hubby needed 2 more undershirts and paying 40.00 for them is high -but again they are for bigger and tall-so to pay 24.00 was awesome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

All 3 nephews were dropped off at our house just before 11am. I cooked perogies, ham sausages, and boiled mixed veggies for lunch. Dh has been helping some. It is quite draining having their twin boys with their developmental delays. My 7yr old nephew has been raised very differently than our son and our boy can tell. I'd better go bake cookies with the boys. Aprons for everyone.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I washed the 3 couch/chair blanket this am, they are dried and back where they below.

Washed ds2's blanket which he never uses on his bed, so it's drying and I'll pack away.

Supper tonight is pasta, I pulled a jar of homemade sauce I made over the summer and used 2 boxes of barilla pasta, so a really cheap & yummy side dish for the next few days

I have a 2 pack pork loin pulled from the freezer thawing, we're having pork strip burritos. It will be a nice change from the usual menu planning.
    @Angela273 take it easy, your brother and his family are very lucky to have you.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

SCers with Sobeys stores-check to see if your kitchenwares sections have the 710ml collapsible Squish colanders on sale! The $4.99 item is on sale for 99 cents at my local store (the date was markered out). Deal! Added it to the moisturizer item I went to pay with my Air Miles redemption. Good thing I had jotted down something to look at for pricing in the meat dept. then I ambled over to check out the gadgets across the room. I had been wanting at least one of the collapsible colanders for over a year (did not notice larger ones).

Also if you are a Jamie Oliver fan-the big red ceramic teapot ($19.99) has an offer-when you buy one of the pots, you get a free 72ct tea (orange pekoe, Ceylon or one other variety-forget which brand -Compliments?). There is one huge red teapot at the Ancaster store if you want to buy it on the lower shelf of the bookcase holding the JO items.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cooking a $4.50 chicken today I got a few months ago with fries for hubby and roasted a few potatoes for me with carrots and broccoli
    -then will get a few containers of soup out of it when I make it later
    -cheap meal

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I like that your craft room got higher priority than the other two rooms. You are serious about your crafting! Marvelling at the work getting done in your new home. Hope the boys pitch in to help ready the house too (sweat equity).
    I like it too! I admit we started at the back of the house and did the master bedroom first then the craft room. Bf put our closet shelf and rod up last night and the doors.

I got the curtains and socket covers up in the spare room this afternoon and finished the main bathroom paint.
    Bf will do the countertop refinishing in it at some point and attach the new sink. I spent an hour taking out screws, shelves, nails and then mudding the master bathroom this afternoon. We have 1 coat left to do in the living room.

Every trip we make over to the new house i load up the back seat with boxes. Then unpack as much as i can before we leave. I've got most of our coats, towels, bedding, spare pillows, some pantry dishes and all of my craft room stuff taken over. (mainly because its stuff im.not using because we are tooooo busy in the mean time and we can use my old craftroom to store packed items)

i have a dr appointment in edmonton in 2 weeks and will visit my mom over that weekend. Also will pick up ny desks and doll shelves i left in stirage 4 yrs ago.

Ive washed to curtains all over here for the new house as the water meter still hasnt been fixedsince august ( and repeated requests ) soooo we are paying min usage of 53.35 a month with no back billing. Ive beeb washing bedding as it goes over as well.

Our tile guy today GAVE us tiles for our hearth. With the stipulation we had to buy the adhesive there. So nice!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information