User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Last month was good for me. I sold an item on kijiji for $50, had a rebate cheque of $15, earned $28 cash back on my credit card and found $40 on the street.
    Fantastic job
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ynne-1.4006021

Says hydro rates will drop by 17% by the summer but we will pay for it in the long run. Not an easy problem to solve.

"The plan will lift billions of dollars in costs off customers this year, and load them onto future hydro bills and taxpayers."

"Low-income households will also see a 50 per cent increase in a rebate program designed to make their hydro costs more affordable. The government will expand that program to give an extra rebate to low-income households who heat with electricity.
    The changes mean the credits will save low-income households about $35 to $60 a month."
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Woops, I forgot to move to the March thread yesterday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch to see what deals I could find (and I wanted fresh beef for burgers tonight)
    Lean beef 2.77 LB (received 1100 pts) only 100 per $1 this time but better then nothing
    12 pk hamburg buns for $1.35 (on 50% off) received 100 pc pts
    Ditaliano bread .99 (50% off) like to have in freezer for weekend big breakfasts. Will make kids grilled cheese for lunch tomorrow since I bought Kraft cheese singles for 50% off awhile ago and they expire in April)
    Strawberries 1.97 x 3
    Cucumber .77

Tonight I will make homemade burger patties. Will cook 12 for dinner and leftovers (12 buns) and the rest if any in the freezer.
    Clean out the fridge including a good wipe down. Write out a list of veggies to use up and plan meals for weekend with them (asparagus for sure! Bought a beautiful bunch the other day that I haven't used yet)
    I do have a nice beef roast in the freezer that I was planning to cook this weekend. Thinking Saturday night since we are out of town Sunday for hockey. Told DS I would treat us to Chinese this weekend to share my win so we may do that tomorrow night or save it for another night. (I like Friday night dinners in and cook and unwind )
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -it is so hard with little ones -I feel Ashlyn has gone thru a stage with her 2 new cousins one 5 months the other 3 months -as she asked me to hold her like a baby the other day -and she curled up and crammed herself into her doll playpen and said look at me nana yesterday -plus she had a meltdown when my daughter /hubby and sebastain were here last sunday -as she wanted the t.v to watch when we were singing a nursery to sebastain -ahhh children and grandchildren
    -well hubby picked up my prescription for me this morning -the pain I am in on my shoulder was intense last night so did a load of laundry at 3.10 a.m -just resting today as I babysit on Friday
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Mar 2nd, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl I hope the pain subsides soon (hugs)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks jasper -I just took pain meds and was on the couch sleeping -gotta heal this body (this is when a stockpile helps) as I wont be lifting groceries or grandkids -so may ask hubby to do it next week or get him to go with me -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I now have a working washing machine!!!! $226. to fix it. Was totally just going to buy a new one but the one I had is a high end good one so I knew deep down it was better to get fixed. I just didn't want to pay the $80 for them to come out and say it will be over $500!!! I will put the money aside that I was going to use to buy a new one now and hope I get at least another year or so from this one! So tonight I will be doing laundry all night long. I can't wait lol
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And I just want to say it was exactly what I googled- The lid switch. Apparently it caused a bunch of errors in the system and a pulley was loose too. I read it said to put duct tape but my man laughed at (with me lol) I think we should have tried it lol
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ynne-1.4006021

Says hydro rates will drop by 17% by the summer but we will pay for it in the long run. Not an easy problem to solve.

"The plan will lift billions of dollars in costs off customers this year, and load them onto future hydro bills and taxpayers."

"Low-income households will also see a 50 per cent increase in a rebate program designed to make their hydro costs more affordable. The government will expand that program to give an extra rebate to low-income households who heat with electricity.
    The changes mean the credits will save low-income households about $35 to $60 a month."
    Thanks for sharing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I now have a working washing machine!!!! $226. to fix it. Was totally just going to buy a new one but the one I had is a high end good one so I knew deep down it was better to get fixed. I just didn't want to pay the $80 for them to come out and say it will be over $500!!! I will put the money aside that I was going to use to buy a new one now and hope I get at least another year or so from this one! So tonight I will be doing laundry all night long. I can't wait lol

Have fun washing laundry
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Mar 2nd, 2017 at 04:08 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thanks jasper -I just took pain meds and was on the couch sleeping -gotta heal this body (this is when a stockpile helps) as I wont be lifting groceries or grandkids -so may ask hubby to do it next week or get him to go with me -lol
    This is when Chinese delivery helps! Take it easy!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    is it a front loader? just curious as the mother boards go on them within 1 to 3 years

Have fun washing laundry
    Nope- When my front loader went before this one I vowed never to get another. Top loader HE without the agitator only for this gal. So of course machine alone is around $1000!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    This is when Chinese delivery helps! Take it easy!
    I'm so excited ds2 turns 14 tomorrow and dh will pick up Chinese on his way home, he got the DQ cake on Wednesday.....yippee...no cooking and I love Chinese it's my fav.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm so excited ds2 turns 14 tomorrow and dh will pick up Chinese on his way home, he got the DQ cake on Wednesday.....yippee...no cooking and I love Chinese it's my fav.
    We love it too! The youngest as well! Oldest only likes the chicken balls lol. Enjoy!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information