User Tag List

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tonghit is chili cheese fries (the chili us leftover from Thursday )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Spiral noodles, meatballs, mushroom sauce, steamed broccoli, cubes of cheese for the picky nephew who won't drink milk. This nephew broke his arm back in the fall.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Renewed mortgage today, extended with RBC. Rate 2.69%, 5 year fixed. I was happy with this. Lower than my current rate, and competitive with other larger banks/lenders. PLUS we have had a lot going on and I could do it from my couch in the living room, which this time, simple was important to me. We are keeping the payments the same and with the lower rate have shaved a 1.5 years off of our "bill."

Tomorrow is my Grandma's memorial. I believe I mentioned a few weeks, back, but just in case I did not. The past few days have seen both my surviving Grandparents in the hospital. I am supposed to speak tomorrow. I am finding hard to collect my thoughts with compounding emotions from other events. Prognosis is good for both grandparents in the hospital (one had emergency bowel surgery and another a blood clot and fluid on the lungs).

I went to my niece's first birthday. I found it very claustrophobic. My SIL had both sides of the family and many people were unaware of my family situation (Gramma in surgery during party). Most know I am a teacher and were asking with excitement about my March Break plans and I just tried to keep back the tears about my Grandparents and smile and nod. I am a crummy liar, but didn't feel like getting into it.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Mar 11th, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Renewed mortgage today, extended with RBC. Rate 2.69%, 5 year fixed. I was happy with this. Lower than my current rate, and competitive with other larger banks/lenders. PLUS we have had a lot going on and I could do it from my couch in the living room, which this time, simple was important to me. We are keeping the payments the same and with the lower rate have shaved a 1.5 years off of our "bill."

Tomorrow is my Grandma's memorial. I believe I mentioned a few weeks, back, but just in case I did not. The past few days have seen both my surviving Grandparents in the hospital. I am supposed to speak tomorrow. I am finding hard to collect my thoughts with compounding emotions from other events. Prognosis is good for both grandparents in the hospital (one had emergency bowel surgery and another a blood clot and fluid on the lungs).

I went to my niece's first birthday. I found it very claustrophobic. My SIL had both sides of the family and many people were unaware of my family situation (Gramma in surgery during party). Most know I am a teacher and were asking with excitement about my March Break plans and I just tried to keep back the tears about my Grandparents and smile and nod. I am a crummy liar, but didn't feel like getting into it.
    Granger so sorry for the loss of your grandma. Hoping your grandparents recover well. Hugs
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My three nephews were picked up by 8:30pm. All of our children are asleep in bed. We'll go to church in the morning, then the twin nephews will be dropped off around noon. My brother is thinking about coming back again next weekend, their son has Friday off school. We are emotionally and physically drained. There are probably enough leftovers in the fridge for lunch and supper tomorrow.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Granger You are in my thoughts and prayers. The words will come to you. I'm also praying for the full recovery of your other two grandparents. Get a good night's sleep.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 11th, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hugs** Granger
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My fun time is over. Laundry, housework anf groceries today!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: I am sorry to hear about your grandparents.
    Angela: your brother is lucky to have you. I always found I was undoing the things my boys learned from his kids. Thankfully they are now 19 and 22 and have both turned into lovely humans.
    I am getting a little panicked about the spending this year. We have saved and waited, but we now have some unexpected costs so I am looking to see where I can reduce.
    Spent yesterday with my parents to celebrate my dads 70th bday. Left Logan behind so it will be a quiet week. Today I plan to do some more decluttering. That always seems to help me feel more in control.
    Have a great day all
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today is my Mum's 85th birthday so we drove from Toronto to Indianapolis on Wed to spend it with my sister's family too-will drive back tomorrow and then fly home on Tuesday. It was a crazy drive with 100 kph winds a great deal of the way, fallen down tress and toppled over transport trucks-we also managed to get a flat tire about 20 minutes before we got here-good grief. Anyway all is well now-with a tow from CAA and American Express covering the cost of the new tire thankfully. I can't get over the low prices around here-townhouse in the suburbs $130,000, 1 gallon of milk 1.15, a dozen eggs .44 cents, gallon of gas $1.92. I feel like I am in a time warp and back in the 70's. Mind you any of the entry level retail jobs I have seen advertised only pay $8-9 per hour.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My three nephews were picked up by 8:30pm. All of our children are asleep in bed. We'll go to church in the morning, then the twin nephews will be dropped off around noon. My brother is thinking about coming back again next weekend, their son has Friday off school. We are emotionally and physically drained. There are probably enough leftovers in the fridge for lunch and supper tomorrow.
    Tell brother he's buying food for all of you next week-take out. No mention of where his friends or his wife's friends are to help out-very telling that their social network is not stepping up. Please don't let brother wear you out-he seems closed off from you yet keeps asking for your emotional labour and help without giving you time and some thank you. Respect and boundaries apply. It's not like he'd step in if you had to be away from the family for health reasons-that should help you find the strength to tell him the terms.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well today is my Mum's 85th birthday so we drove from Toronto to Indianapolis on Wed to spend it with my sister's family too-will drive back tomorrow and then fly home on Tuesday. It was a crazy drive with 100 kph winds a great deal of the way, fallen down tress and toppled over transport trucks-we also managed to get a flat tire about 20 minutes before we got here-good grief. Anyway all is well now-with a tow from CAA and American Express covering the cost of the new tire thankfully. I can't get over the low prices around here-townhouse in the suburbs $130,000, 1 gallon of milk 1.15, a dozen eggs .44 cents, gallon of gas $1.92. I feel like I am in a time warp and back in the 70's. Mind you any of the entry level retail jobs I have seen advertised only pay $8-9 per hour.
    Lizzie: check the weather before heading back Monday. SW Ontario is supposed to get a winter storm and you will be heading right through it from London to Toronto & if you are coming through at Buffalo that will be worse as the storm is supposed to hit Hamilton the hardest.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So trip news-seems sibling has is still "seeing" about the trip. Code for he really did not mean anything about going on trip. I told Mom there were three seats at a decent price for early May depart and late May return but they may be gone this weekend. Encouraged her to get a return plane ticket as then she can plan whatever with her sister (even that side trip I really I don't want her to take). To be continued-this matter is being left too late for spring trip if Mom hopes to go and sibling is holding his vacation plans to himself (or they are not confirmed).

Loved the sunshine yesterday and it's back today. Will make sure to have scarf today as the wind yesterday had icy teeth and I like a warm neck. Am going to head out for the hot chocolate and Sunday paper reading. Will pop by Shoppers for beverages later.

The FruitH20 drink is $1.49 in order to get the 200 PC Plus pts. Think I'd rather find 50% off Old Mill bread to get same points for less than a $1 then I can do a PC Plus redemption on Thursday.

Got wet snow to shovel? Using cooking spray on your metal shovel can help to prevent wet snow from sticking on.
    Tomorrow, Southern Ontario will get snow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Can the kids stay in the town where they now live with other relatives? Take care of yourself, your body and mind needs rest.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Granger: I am sorry to hear about your grandparents.
    Angela: your brother is lucky to have you. I always found I was undoing the things my boys learned from his kids. Thankfully they are now 19 and 22 and have both turned into lovely humans.
    I am getting a little panicked about the spending this year. We have saved and waited, but we now have some unexpected costs so I am looking to see where I can reduce.
    Spent yesterday with my parents to celebrate my dads 70th bday. Left Logan behind so it will be a quiet week. Today I plan to do some more decluttering. That always seems to help me feel more in control.
    Have a great day all
    The unexpected is always so trying, you'll figure it out you're financially awesome.

I hope Logan has a great time with your parents.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information