User Tag List

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_0697.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  32.8 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My brother gave me a $50 gift certificate for our local Boston Pizza. He doesn't think that he will get the chance to use it since they are moving. He received the certificate after having a big chicken bone in his pasta dish.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Watched the Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice DVD. Great introduction for Wonder Woman (marvel at how her hair is all curly in action mode but in regular mode, her hair is straight). Glad I watched this very grey toned movie on a computer. Can be very intense-not for young kids at all. Extra DVD had some useful superhero history but the Save Bats bit was different (making bat houses) and how bats are affected by a fungus that kills them.
    Just noticed that Tribute website has the Wonder Woman movie trailer. Interesting but am concerned the US characters are going to affect the storyline. The trailer seems partially epic (how Wonder Woman came to be) and partly stranger in a strange land (her in the world).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Quiet morning so far at work. Hope the day goes by quickly.
    Will have to clean up my budget/move money as it is payday and start fresh again.
    I have been stocking up on the TP on at No Frills for $2.97. I have been putting it on the top shelf in the spare room closet. (Along with gifts for my niece )
    I noticed Amazon had the Little Tykes shopping cars on for $18 (reg $30 something) I bought 2 for free shipping. One for my niece and sell the other one or save for gift.
    Tonight I plan on posting some stuff for sale. I have been slacking the last few weeks. Need to get back at it.

Dinner- We have left over Greek salad for sure. Not sure yet what we will have with it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I think we're going to have breakfast for supper tonight. Johnsonville breakfast sausage, home made waffles, and fresh fruit.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    I hope you don't get hit like we got barbis !! It was wicked day here but today it's good in my neck woods .
    I was watching the news about the wind speeds in your area - unbelievable! We will be ok in Ontario 30cm is the max.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My bacon is due to expire soon so I will be cutting it up in little pieces, frying it up and storing it in the fridge for my salads this week. The snowstorm doesn't seem too bad at the moment in my area so off I go to get groceries and than come home and finish my book from the library "when breath becomes air".

I wanted to recommend a really good book - "A man named Ove". We all loved it at our library book club meeting and it has been made into a movie (foreign film) which I have reserved as well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lunch was good! Thinking I should go home at lunch and start cleaning my bedroom.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis I read the book you are reading -awesome book (when breathe becomes air)
    -well I will be looking for a dryer soon ,my heating element is not working great had it about 8 years -may look towards a maytag or whirlpool-my sister-in-law just bought a matching set and she has a new dryer coming with steam feature -I don't care to have that

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -$2.99 for PC Frozen Fruit at Shoppers? That is a DEAL! I'm happy to get that product for $3.99 on sale at Fortinos. Did not realize the fruit special-now will have to see what selection may be at my small store.
    @Frugalbigmama -your lunch break ideas are always interesting to read! With an overcast day like today with tiny peeks of Ms. Sunshine, sure the bedroom cleaning is appropriate. Might be a good place to enjoy an evening book reading later!
    @lilo0003 & @lizziebargain -Whenever I see the mention of London with snow, I think yes, that city does get a lot of it. But in Hamilton so far since about 11am, superfine snow has gently been blowing down. No major lake-effect nor wet snow here. The wind is crisping a crust on snow once it is about a centimetre deep on the walkways so I do pop out to shovel now and then. Think flights won't be greatly affected across Canada. Here's the Toronto airport's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TorontoPearson

I'll be happy if this light snow is all we get for the remaining hours of today and into overnight. McMaster University out of an abundance of caution is cancelling classes after 5:30pm today. But City of Hamilton arenas/rec centres are not changing their hours tonight.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Visited my Grandma in ICU today. Aside from some time loss, she is doing well. Physio had her standing today. Trying to make arrangements to visit Grandpa who is in ICU and lives out of town on Thursday, without children, hence the arrangements. I already have my older two daughters in morning camp, will see if I can extend to afternoon too. Then it is finding someone for the little one.

Since it was DH's day off, I also took in mortgage renewal to bank, got gas and did groceries in preparation for the Ontario storm system. I was expecting it to be much worse by now. We will see how it progresses overnight.

DH made tacos for dinner and cleaned the kitchen! We are tidying up the house before bed. It is a bit of a disaster with us running to and from events (church, memorials and hospitals). It is the thing we have been letting go... Feels good to pick up. I will maybe post a couple items for sale tonight if I get a chance. May also catch up on some shows while marking (I have that to catch up on too after all the chaos).
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Mar 13th, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Granger -the timing of March Break for you and your family could not be better given that you are trying to be everywhere. Play in the snow with the girls if that helps you get your spirits up prior to your next hospital visit. Glad you had your personal visit with your grandmother.

About an hour ago, the snow was more dense but not full-on curling trails of snow-think snow globe shaking and that is the effect. The university made a good call. Noticed on Twitter some highway sections are having slippery surface issues and GO Transit was posting up to 70min delays on bus routes.

For whatever reason, today my sinuses seem keen to give me an impression of cold coming on. Or stuffing up. Glad I had my morning walk-have three DVDs on hand for viewing tomorrow in case a library visit is unlikely.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Is it just some school divisions in ON that have school break this week, or all?
    Here, the kids get off the week after Easter.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel if ever you are at sdm and they don't have the flavour (food) or scent for cleaners ask for a rain cheque especially for those 2 day specials.

_______________-

We are expecting a storm here as well, ds2 left this am with my parents, he's supposed to only spend 1 night but I expect my folks given the weather (snow) will ask him to stay another night as they will not want to venture out in a storm.

I need to hang my 2nd load of laundry after dh does the 1st coat on the laundry doors.

I hope the roads are good in the am as I have a doctors appointment, thankfully dh will drive me.

Wishing everyone a great night.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat all the schools are off on march break-high schools and elementary -plus my hubby is off for the week (no pay thou) so a nice break for him
    -sebastian is 6 months old today,he is 19 pounds 15 ounces -the doctor said a big healthy baby boy
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information