User Tag List

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

2 days of work almost finished for the week... 2 more to go since I am taking a day off

Dinner tonight- I am not sure. Thinking a bit of this and that to clean out the freezer. Youngest will like that. Chicken fingers, egg roll, fries- whatever half opened packages I can find. Kids can have that and I will do eggs and toast I think. Not overly hungry so will keep it simple. Will dig in the freezer for meat and thaw that tonight. Will make rice and green beans to go with it tomorrow night. Simple!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Took a stroll around Walmart on my lunch. Grabbed a few copies of the free Walmart magazine that just came out. Will read it this evening and cut out the coupons. Off to look at the upcoming sale flyers.
    Let us know what coupons are inside if you don't mind, thanks
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Mom handed me three old Live Better magazines from last year-the Olympic yogurt coupon is good until May this year and she did not take out the Pantene sample (so I did)-to recycle last night. I took out the tortilla chip recipes for sibling to have his own copy.

I will take a look at pants tomorrow at Value Village @jasperandchar but do not have funds for any find. Not expecting to see much different than what I saw two weeks ago but there will be a mini-rant if I do see a good pair! Will see if I can convince Mom to take a look-she does not want pants but I feel she needs one pair (to go with her footwear and for cold nights).

I printed off a copy of the shipwreck casserole as it contains the main things Mom and Dad seem to like in a stew or casserole. Most of the ingredients tend to be on hand and I really want Mom to lose interest in eggplant or her versions of moussaka (not so tasty). I missed reading the part about not cooking the beef first, @Natalka , so yes this recipe has "gold star" pending status. The easier the better. I was watching a gardening segment on Twitter from BT Vancouver and I'd like to use some purple potatoes in the casserole (yes, I'm really keen on colours in casserole-purple vs red!)-there is a market vendor that sells that variety.
    oh snap about the funds not being in the budget for new pants.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening everyone,

Laundry all hung to dry.

21 chocolate chip muffins and 20 Pecan pie muffins, I have 30 muffins in the freezer for lunches/desserts/snacks.

I started moving over recipes to my recipe facebook page, so much simpler and quicker than getting distracted on Pinterest and losing hours

Going to decide what I will bake tomorrow I was thinking cookies but I may do something different, I'll decide tonight/tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    @Frugalbigmama you'll have a great time with your mom on your day off.
    @Ciel I gather you like presentation when it comes to food, reference to purple potatoes.

I need to decide what will be for supper tonight & the rest of the week.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I had both grankids today -whew-my daughter left for Toronto at 2.00 p.m she wanted to stay the 2 days to visit us plus she called rogers to complain today about her bill and they rectified it the problem she had
    -lovely out today I was missing my mom just now as Ashlyn was picked up at 3.30 by my son -my dear mom has been gone 4 years today didn't have time to think about it til now as 2 grandkids can keep you busy
    -supper tonight chicken cordon blu for me with salad ,kraft dinner for hubby
    Name:  IMG_0746.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  18.7 KB

sorry hear about your mom's passing 4 years today .. take good care yourself
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273: Thank you for the suggestion. DD1 has asthma and has been sent to the hospital for regular appointments with the asthma nurse for over a year now. She's recommended no stuffed animals in the bedroom, no animals, etc. If it came to it, I'd probably give her a tiny miniature stuffed toy with close cropped fur if anything. I'm thinking over that option.

I don't know if it's an actual fear though or just clinginess due to the baby. Tantrums have become epic as of late. Yesterday, I actually thought she was sick for several hours until I realized that she was able to work herself into such a fit as to induce vomiting, many many times. The tantrum began when she absolutely could not wait for me to wash out her milk cup and would not put up with water in the meantime. One of my parental moments when you feel like going into the closet and closing the door (but can't ).

@lizzie bargain: If I left her with a spray bottle, I wouldn't put it past her to open up the bottle and just dump it under her bed "just to make sure". Ha ha!

Today, I received DD2's long awaited birth certificate! The health card must not be far behind. Oh, happy day! I was this close to calling the hospital collections department and begging them for an extension due to extenuating circumstances.

I also called Bell and asked them for a discount, or at least all they are willing to give. I did get a reduction in the phone bill, so that was worth it. Savings seem to be harder to come by lately, so every inch seems like a big deal. Probably because I'm trying to keep one eye on a baby and the other on an active preschooler, while making the person on the other end of the call repeat themselves fifty times.

@coupon girl: My sympathies to hear of your mom's passing.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Mar 22nd, 2017 at 03:27 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -I call bell a every 6 months for reductuction on my phone bill have every bit helps 0that is why my daughter called rogers yesterday while here as Sebastian woke up while she was still on the phone -they asked her your haven't called us as we would have it on recaord "it is not easy when you have a small infant to be sitting on the phone passed from one dept to another then they wake up and you try the next day
    -it is still hard when you lose your mother(no matter how many years she has been gone) ,so every one who a mother in their life enjoy her
    -oh and sweet sparrow my daughter-in-law took Ashlyn to see Disney on ice with her daycare friends and their mothers "and she was a bit afraid when the lights went out -I knew she would be a bit afraid -but the other girls didn't cry Ashlyn said to me so I reassured her see it was nice cause mommy was right beside you
    -off to babysit now went to bed at 9.10 last night so got a great sleep

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS has already been dropped off at our local arena. The local high school is putting on a hockey tournament for the local grade schools. The other high school is doing the same next week so DS and his hockey buddies are thrilled. It helps that they have a wonderful sporty teacher that coaches hockey and loves the game so they always have a coach for these things. So my day will be cut up running in and out of the office to catch the 5 games!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And I forgot... Happy Hump day!! It is cool out but nice and sunny.
    I did nothing last night . So tonight I will get on the laundry and the dishwasher needs to be run after 7pm tonight. It helps having the day off work tomorrow (a fun day) so motivates me to get stuff done tonight.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a quick look around Talize-no pants of mention but more stock and sorted by colour!
    BTW, next Monday, Talize will have 50% off clothing sale! Saw a sign at one checkout.

9 refundable containers on my walks-finding lots of McCafe cups without stickers. Have 10min to find one to have that hot choc as I will be passing a McDonalds on my walk home.
    @jasperandchar -think I have a thing for colour. I know cooking purple potatoes causes the water to go bluish in tone. Think a casserole with some purple-blue would add some freak out factor. At least I know I'd eat the meal. Love reading about your baking stash at home-yum!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I ran out of paint stripper....ack...needed 1 more coat on the 2 pieces of trim I was working on today, I would have finished had I had dropped my container....sigh.....but thankfully I didn't burn myself too bad or get paint on antique furniture downstairs...phew.

Dh called this afternoon so I got him to pickup paint stripper on his way home, I should be done all trim for now tomorrow. Also had him scheduled to pickup 2 bags of milk on his way home.

No baking today as I got sidetracked....

Wishing everyone a great evening & @Frugalbigmama have a great time with your mom tomorrow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I typed a post earlier today, but SC glitches out and lost it again.

The Saskatchewan budget was just released today and it's not good for my family. I'll be talking with Dh tonight to see what we can do before the PST is increased and broadened on April 1.

Our neighbour's dog wasn't on a leash yesterday and it attacked our cat in my own front yard. My 11yr old cat was fast enough to get up the tree in time to avoid most of his injuries. It really rattled me. I went grocery shopping at No Frills last night. I spent $82 oop. I'm still trying to get my receipt approved for $25 back from the Maple Leaf/Schneiders promotion. I pm'd, used $2.50 in coupons, $0.75 in app rebates, and earned 2,000 PC Plus points.

I took our twins to a free program at the library and exchanged more children's books. I also fueled up my van because there might be a strike at the refinery in Regina, which might result in a jump at the gas pumps. I cooked two medium sized pots of very different soups this afternoon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 22nd, 2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Fixing auto correct
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I don't think many people are benefiting from the new budget atleast not in my circle of family/friends.

I can't believe they are thinking of including RRSP in capital gains that would severely impact a lot of people retirement savings and may stir more people towards TFSA, however, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before that is impacted.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273 - it's too bad about PST being charged on kids' clothing, that's for sure.

I was thinking it would go up by two points, so at least it's only gone up to 6%. Considering the state of the economy, it only made sense for them to raise consumption taxes on things like junk food and restaurant meals.
    The minor good news is that personal income tax will go down a bit.

We aren't really affected by anything in the SK budget - the bummers all seems to be in the federal budget.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -your brave cat! Extra treats for that scramble. And to get injured too! That dog's owner needs some bylaw attention and the vet bill.

Did not know about the strike at Regina refinery. So Canada's two functioning refineries are in Regina and Calgary? Based on past summers of reasons why the price of gas gets so high is that one refinery is usually on shutdown for repairs or upgrading.

I have not read about the federal budget pros and cons. I'm sure tomorrow morning will need a strongly sweetened cup of tea for the reading.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Mar 22nd, 2017 at 10:17 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information