User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Drivers License(first time)

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Did you already do your written test? For your G1? If so you can do your G1 exit test after 8 mths but you don't have to do it right away especially if you are not ready.
    Your G1 will have an expiry you need to get your g2 before that date. (It may be 2 years I cannot find an exact time frame bit I know I did not pass the driving test my first time so it is a fair amount of time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under graduated licensing, novice drivers (Class G1, G2, M1 and M2) progress through a two-step licensing process by completing the mandatory time periods for each level and passing the required road tests. Except for Class M1,
    novice drivers have five years to complete the graduated-licensing process.
    However, if your Class G1, G2 or M2 licence is about to expire and you have not completed the process, you can regain or retain the same class of licence by passing a test and paying the five-year licensing fee. This is called “requalification.”
    A notice is sent to Class G1, G2 and M2 drivers before their licence expiry date to inform them of their options.
    If you do not complete the graduated-licensing process or requalify before your G1, G2 or M2 licence expires, you will not have a licence to drive, and you must reapply for a Level One licence.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sun, Mar 5th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
    JDI007 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not do my written test yet, I just finished school, just found out that I have 8 weeks/2 months to write and pass the knowledge test > then I can start my practise road > then instructor will tell me when to do/how long I have until G2 road test?

What is the G1 exit test? is that the G2 road test?

So, it looks like the school decides time limit for your written test, because they can't take you on the practice road until you have your G1..

So, that means I have 8 weeks/2 months to write and pass knowledge test..honestly, it doesn't seem like a lot of time, but better than no time.

I was told there are 40 questions, and you are allowed 4 mistakes is that right? it's a walk in process, you go in and write it on the spot?

Extra attempt at knowledge test costs $15.75? (looking at drivetest.ca) I hope that's the correct price, I was told it's over $70 to re-take the test, yikes!

So, when you fail, do you find out same day? because I'm wondering how soon can you start re-taking test if you fail..and do you get the same questions at every attempt?

Oh, so you have 5 years to get full licence, I guess that's what all the time limits on tests are for..so you get everything done on time.

I forgot to ask:

G2 road test: everywhere I looked it says you have to bring your own car for the test?
    What if you don't have a car? (this is kind of dumb in my opinion as this is why I am going for my drivers licence, to GET a car)
    So, if you don't have a car, do they provide you with one?/do you let them know...? :/
    how does that work...I mean they should..
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Mar 9th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I never went to school so I just did the test you can rewrite right away but probably best to go home and study if you failed
    *The G1 exit test is to get your g2*
    I cannot remember how many questions but 4/40 sounds about right one wrong in each section if I recall
    Your class instructor may provide a car at a cost you'd have to ask them
    The ministry do not provide cars I used my moms

Ciel and JDI007 like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, I hope the instructor will let me use his/the one I practice with would probably be best as I'll be more familiar with it, the cost I assume is the same per hour $40/hour, so then I'd have to find out how long the G2 test is since you have to be there 30 mins. early that already cuts into the time, so it may be best to rent it out for 2 hours from my practice instructor.

(nevermind I made a mistake)

If you fail your test, they will tell you what you got wrong, and will they tell you the correct answer or no? just wondering..
    I always thought every attempt were new questions.
    Last edited by JDI007; Fri, Mar 10th, 2017 at 06:30 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had a thought that I will have to go to driving school a second time? is this true...because right now after I get my G1 I will be doing just practice driving around city, no highway...

but to pass my official road test I need to know how to drive on highway>have to take another class to get practice highway driving?

oh my goodness....literally spending thousands of dollars here..... FFFF!! =(
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I believe there is only one course if you need more private lessons I'd assume you'd have to pay someone
    I think most people who go for their license have access tk a car or plan on buying one

Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I would ask you driving instructor if they do private lessons later on down thd road

Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

The year theg make you wait is suppose to be spent practicing driving not waiting out the year

Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I know but I don't have a car. I can use instructors car but at $40 an hour...which is too expensive for me.
    Yea because I didn't start my licence just to get a car, but also to have an ID..which is important to me.

This is horrible..this is how people start out, you get your licence first and then you get a car..
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Mar 30th, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

You should ask your instructor how much they will charge if you will use the driving school car for the road test. When I did my G1 to G2 road test I paid $100 and that was 5 years ago.
    Ciel likes this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$100 that is nuts, was that per hour or for the day? / I was told $40/hour, but will ask instructor as well. It's a lot..I'm just really hoping things will go well, had I known before I probably wouldn't have started this whole process yet :/ because it is costing me a lot of money.
    So, after my G1, G2 is the last road test, so that means I will have to go back to school again to practice hwy driving is that right? I guess that's what the 8 months is also for, for me between G1 and G2, I think during that time I will go back to school so I can practice driving on hwy(is it possible I can drive on hwy on G1?)../ but I hope I'm right, it's a lot to figure out, it's all so complicated, will talk to instructor as well if I can/if he'll have time.

edit: 6/21
    Yes, you are correct, $100 for road test, don't know why it's so expensive..
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Jun 21st, 2017 at 01:37 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I just have a question, I completed my driving school so I should be getting a course completion form of some sort right?
    does anyone know how this works?

Only finished G1 and preparing for G2, but have completed driving school. (or does driving school extend to your road test/ and until you complete all licences?...it shouldn't because what if you fail? or refuse to continue no $ for ex. you should still get your class completion form because you paid for the class)
    Instructor said they sent paperwork to certify me for road test..does that sound right? but what about my class completion, aren't I supposed to get a form for that? since I finished..

am confused, have no idea how this all works :/
    I hate doing things for the first time

edit: in the driver's handbook it says if you graduate from an approved BDE course, it will be noted in your driver's licence history..it may also bring savings on your insurance.
    /So I don't have to do anything? I don't need to receive any course completion forms? how do I get one even if I wanted to? for my own records.
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Jun 21st, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

It sounds like it's all done behind the scenes maybe ask the school if you want a certificate of completion

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JDI007 likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would I get that from service ontario then? since they have my whole driving record/history on file?..

/has anyone asked for that before?

or should I just not worry about it?
    in the future if I get insurance, how would they know to give me a discount, by looking at my files? would they see I completed driving school?

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JDI007 View Post
    Would I get that from service ontario then? since they have my whole driving record/history on file?..

/has anyone asked for that before?

or should I just not worry about it?
    in the future if I get insurance, how would they know to give me a discount, by looking at my files? would they see I completed driving school?
    I'm pretty sure insurance companies get access to your files once you "get a quote" but im not sure as i never went to driving school
    Maybe call an insurance company and ask

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JDI007 likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information