User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: More bad news for Air Miles!

  1. #16
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    848
    Likes Received
    1158
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)




    From Ciel: Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?

    Is this the sort of info you are looking for, Ciel? https://marketexclusive.com/alliance...vents-2/78623/
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

  2. #17
    University Couponer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ajax/ *Soon to be* North Ontario
    Age
    19
    Posts
    715
    Likes Received
    3687
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

    Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?
    Loyalty One doesn't seem to be listed on the stock exchange, on Google Finance it just shows as private.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Carrot Referral Code: johnb0850; Drop Referral Code: in94y; Quizons Referral Code: John Bat5844

  3. #18
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,560
    Likes Received
    3517
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    What is 2017? -- national "mess up people's accounts" year? I've had to straighten out AM, a credit card that switched policies abruptly and without notice, and I'm working up to emailing Amazon. ARRGH. But I'd better stop complaining or else move this post over to the rant section. Congrats on all the extra AM points< Silk, I guess. You earned them by putting up with so much annoyance from the "series of mistakes."
    I hear you, Wendymac I'm in the same situation re: screwed up accounts. Just fyi, I have always found Amazon great when it comes to customer service and everyone I know who has contacted them with a problem says the same. Not perfect, but still pretty great. I always call because I want to resolve the problem right away. Good luck!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

  4. #19
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,560
    Likes Received
    3517
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    <snippped>

    But if anyone knows the going share price for preferred LoyaltyOne shares, do share! I do think all of us should have Cdn shares in TFSA or RRSP accounts to get some of the profits and help our own futures too.
    I think this may be the info you want, Ciel.

    Alliance Data Systems Corporation

    Exchange: New York Stock Exchange | Mar 8, 2017, 1:34 AM EST


    ADS:US
    $ 245.05
    Change: -0.40 (-0.16%)



    Day Low 243.54
    Day High 245.93

    52 Week Low 185.02
    52 Week High 249.22

    Source: http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?..._symbol=ADS:US

    Btw, there's an article below the stock info that says they are now in business with Loblaws!

    "Alliance Data's LoyaltyOne Business Announces Long-Term Consulting Agreement With Loblaw Companies Limited"
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 01:02 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

  5. #20
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    34,350
    Likes Received
    48056
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I also got that apology letter from AM.

    Then I got a neat offer from Amex. Spend $50.00 ( after taxes, which is nice! ) at ant Pet Valu store and Amex will credit my account with $10.00

    Update:

    that was fast! Got my $10.00 credit to my Amex today! woo hoo!!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.







  6. #21
    Smart Canuck lilo0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,444
    Likes Received
    11229
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    I look at this a free program. I don't pay for it and if the offers line up great if not then I move on. I used to get lots of miles with my Amex but have had so little action on that card I think its time to cancel it. I never get the miles from my Sobeys offers I can't be bothered to call the call centre for 5 miles even with no hold time, so no way I would do it with an hour hold time. as a result I don't bother with Sobeys so all my miles come from Metro and LCBO. I am currently a gold collector but I suspect that will expire this month.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

    Will you be my 1st swagbucks referral? What are you waiting for, join the fun & free.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lilo0003

  7. #22
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,578
    Likes Received
    11833
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    From Ciel: Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?

    Is this the sort of info you are looking for, Ciel? https://marketexclusive.com/alliance...vents-2/78623/
    We're getting warmer! Had not known Loyalty One is part of many card programs owned by Alliance Data.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2017-Year of the Rooster

  8. #23
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,578
    Likes Received
    11833
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I think this may be the info you want, Ciel.

    Alliance Data Systems Corporation

    Exchange: New York Stock Exchange | Mar 8, 2017, 1:34 AM EST


    ADS:US
    $ 245.05
    Change: -0.40 (-0.16%)



    Day Low 243.54
    Day High 245.93

    52 Week Low 185.02
    52 Week High 249.22

    Source: http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?..._symbol=ADS:US

    Btw, there's an article below the stock info that says they are now in business with Loblaws!

    "Alliance Data's LoyaltyOne Business Announces Long-Term Consulting Agreement With Loblaw Companies Limited"
    Hot dog! Only $245 US! But the consulting agreement-could it be related to PC Plus or just analyzing the store sales data? Good to know of their connection.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.
    2017-Year of the Rooster

  9. #24
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,578
    Likes Received
    11833
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I look at this a free program. I don't pay for it and if the offers line up great if not then I move on. I used to get lots of miles with my Amex but have had so little action on that card I think its time to cancel it. I never get the miles from my Sobeys offers I can't be bothered to call the call centre for 5 miles even with no hold time, so no way I would do it with an hour hold time. as a result I don't bother with Sobeys so all my miles come from Metro and LCBO. I am currently a gold collector but I suspect that will expire this month.
    Not sure what perks you get as Gold collector in Cash miles but on the Dream side, fewer AMs are needed for experience tickets.

    My 15 Dream Miles will expire in May-they were my signup incentive when I joined the program last year and I later figured out Cash rewards were my game.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2017-Year of the Rooster

  10. #25
    Smart Canuck lilo0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,444
    Likes Received
    11229
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Not sure what perks you get as Gold collector in Cash miles but on the Dream side, fewer AMs are needed for experience tickets.

    My 15 Dream Miles will expire in May-they were my signup incentive when I joined the program last year and I later figured out Cash rewards were my game.
    I just looked at the perks and there is nothing really except my card is gold. I have 93 dream miles too and those will never get used.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

    Will you be my 1st swagbucks referral? What are you waiting for, join the fun & free.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lilo0003

  11. #26
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    10,431
    Likes Received
    6264
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Not sure what perks you get as Gold collector in Cash miles but on the Dream side, fewer AMs are needed for experience tickets.

    My 15 Dream Miles will expire in May-they were my signup incentive when I joined the program last year and I later figured out Cash rewards were my game.
    Expire? I didn't think they were expiring miles anymore.
    barbis9 likes this.
    $900+ in Amazon GCs and counting! You KNOW you want free stuff too, click the link!

    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Zonny

  12. #27
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    963
    Likes Received
    2330
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Expire? I didn't think they were expiring miles anymore.
    While the air miles don't expire, your status changes from gold back to regular if you don't accumulate so many points in a specific time period.

  13. #28
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    963
    Likes Received
    2330
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Promised changes in effect April 3rd:

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-...nges-1.4020739

    "The program may also be facing problems with partnering retailers who pay Air Miles to provide rewards miles to customers."

    I heard a rumor that Metro (I think?) may be getting out of Air Miles??

    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Mar 13th, 2017 at 09:25 AM.

  14. #29
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    10,431
    Likes Received
    6264
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    While the air miles don't expire, your status changes from gold back to regular if you don't accumulate so many points in a specific time period.
    Ceil was saying that her 15 miles in Dream would expire, that's what i was confused about. I know status changes if you don't get enough miles annually. I have Onyx status, have to earn something like 6,000 Air Miles a year to keep it.
    barbis9 and DaveP like this.
    $900+ in Amazon GCs and counting! You KNOW you want free stuff too, click the link!

    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Zonny

  15. #30
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    963
    Likes Received
    2330
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Ceil was saying that her 15 miles in Dream would expire, that's what i was confused about. I know status changes if you don't get enough miles annually. I have Onyx status, have to earn something like 6,000 Air Miles a year to keep it.
    Wow I have never made it past blue card status. That's a lot of air miles!
    DaveP likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. thriftygranny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •