User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Item free?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to shoppers Drug Mart and found animal crackers that were on sale for $2.49
    It also had their in-store coupon stickers on them for additional money off. There were 2 x $2.00 off
    I took it as the crackers were now free, I just have to pay the taxes on them
    Not so as the cashier only took one of the $2.00 off and charged me .49 for each bag
    I said I understand the coupon stickers are more than the item and I wouldn't receive a credit for the remaining amount but I thought the item would be free and I just pay the taxes. She and her manager said no.
    Can anyone clarify this for me as it's really not the free item but more the principle of this.
    Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Your understanding is the same as mine. The snacks should have been free. Having said that, however, so-o-o much is at the discretion of the manager that you can never predict what will happen. Sorry you had to argue and be inconvenienced.
    barbis9 and GoddessDigi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=shoppingwithcoupons;6753915]I went to shoppers Drug Mart and found animal crackers that were on sale for $2.49
    It also had their in-store coupon stickers on them for additional money off. There were 2 x $2.00 off
    I took it as the crackers were now free, I just have to pay the taxes on them
    Not so as the cashier only took one of the $2.00 off and charged me .49 for each bag
    I said I understand the coupon stickers are more than the item and I wouldn't receive a credit for the remaining amount but I thought the item would be free and I just pay the taxes. She and her manager said no.
    Can anyone clarify this for me as it's really not the free item but more the principle of this.
    Thank

happened to me too--bought grated cheese with $5.00 coupon on it--but when I scanned it was on sale for $4.99--I said great free cheese but got only $4.00 off instead of $5.00---I argued that
    the coupon could be converted to $4.99 but no luck---paid only .99 but still I told her that probably these were put on before the sale price changed on friday night---------still
    not a bad deal but sucks when you know you're right
    Last edited by queeniecat123; Mon, Mar 6th, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
    barbis9, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hmmm. OP and other SCs experiences, is this false advertising? Should head office be made aware of what's going on at the store level? Should there be an across the board policy so there is no confusion?
    Just my 2 cents worth
    barbis9, Valerey and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Seems to me it was a mistake that the second $2 coupon was on the item.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone for your response. I do agree that it was falsely advertised and their staff should have removed one of the coupons but instead I was penalized for their mistake. It's still a good deal but bitter sweet.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Seems to me it was a mistake that the second $2 coupon was on the item.
    Yeah it's not really false advertising, it's that the stickers were put on the regular price before this week's sale price, and you would still have paid a portion at regular price, and if the stickers were applied at the time of the sale price being in effect they obviously wouldn't have slapped both stickers on. I don't think it's a big deal on either side. I don't think it's anything to get up in arms about, but at the same time the store should just let it go and fix the rest of them if there are any left.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    barbis9, scouponer and Davetherave like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

You're right it should have been free. It's always hit and miss though. Got 5x free Quaker oatmeal this past weekend with the managers stickers.( our new foster child had just been asking if I could buy these Dino egg ones. Also got 6x Cadbury caramilk bars and a box of Mr. Christie cookies free.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shoppingwithcoupons View Post
    Thank you everyone for your response. I do agree that it was falsely advertised and their staff should have removed one of the coupons but instead I was penalized for their mistake. It's still a good deal but bitter sweet.
    I've seen this issue before at my shoppers (Pen Centre St.Kitts), where they had manager stickers, but the item has since gone on sale/ price freezed, you can see that there was another sticker on it. But at least mine is good at making sure no issues like that happen, yeah it means no free items, but a lot less confusion/ issues for customers
    barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had got free bread before at sdm with double stickers, but the bread was expiring on that day, so manager ok it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shoppingwithcoupons View Post
    I hardly think you were penalized. You still got a great price on the crackers.
    bhlombardy likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you should have got $2.49 off so free.Cashiers can change the one of the $2.00 coupons to $0.49.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I must be missing something. If they were coupons, only one coupon is allowed to be used per item usually. So no matter how many were on the package you could still only use one.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    I must be missing something. If they were coupons, only one coupon is allowed to be used per item usually. So no matter how many were on the package you could still only use one.
    These are manager's store coupon that are stickers usually on close to expiry date products and you can use all that that are stuck to the item.For example you have a item that is $3.29 and there 3 $1.00 managers store coupon on the item you get $3.00 off and you pay $0.29 for the item.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Mar 12th, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    These are manager's store coupon that are stickers usually on close to expiry date products and you can use all that that are stuck to the item.For example you have a item that is $3.29 and there 3 $1.00 managers store coupon on the item you get $3.00 off and you pay $0.29 for the item.
    Thanks for clarifying. We don't have them at SDM here, but would be nice if we did.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information