User Tag List

Page 283 of 450 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I have no clue who Miss Brittany is either

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    Okkkk Am I the only one who doesn't get who Miss Brittany is? I had a nasty experience with Kyriakos but who is this other person. I must have missed something....

And I am sorry to hear about you not feeling well Sally! Hope you are better soon.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was once part of a train where several riders sent me crap coupons that were not on my wishlist or 'useless' in my opinion. I didn't do a trade rating good or bad, nor did I receive any ratings from any other riders or hear from the conductor. Kind of turned me off trains, anyway.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    I have no clue who Miss Brittany is either
    Originally Posted by Sally888
    After a long search I found that Miss Brittany is also Kyriakos.

I am not impressed with this situation at all. Please do not trade with Miss Brittany either.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LG1385 View Post
    I was once part of a train where several riders sent me crap coupons that were not on my wishlist or 'useless' in my opinion. I didn't do a trade rating good or bad, nor did I receive any ratings from any other riders or hear from the conductor. Kind of turned me off trains, anyway.
    Now that isn't right. Lately it seems like there's way too many conductors starting trains and not putting the time or effort into them. Sure, sometimes things come up/happy but overall I feel it's the conductors job to make sure people are happy with their envies. 1 or 2 coupons may get missed but a whole envie of crap items? Shouldn't ever happen!

Sorry you had that bad experience. My only advice is to check the conductors feedback comments when joining a train. If you see comments like "great conductor" or "awesome train" then odds are you'll have a good ride.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Got my train issue all cleared up; the problem is that the rider did not mark what was added for the BP (WL coupons) and then someone took them for themselves along the way..grrrrr

Oh well, letting it go since it's the last train I'm doing for awhile.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks tweetybird99, that's what I was thinking. I'm hoping it's just inexperience with trading and that I receive my end.
    Last edited by amoreira; Wed, Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

That is why I do not ride coupon trains - IMO I think there should be a rule or something about newbies or people with under xx rating starting trains

Too many go sideways but many are awesome with the right conductor

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I usually just feel more comfortable riding/conducting VWTs.

Though, I'm noticing with some trains now I see conductors adding notes like "I am not responsible for what other riders send you if you receive expired/replacements/nothing/etc"

I find this kind of unfair, as a conductor of a train, you're getting your part of the BP to do your job as a conductor and rectify those situations.

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    I usually just feel more comfortable riding/conducting VWTs.

Though, I'm noticing with some trains now I see conductors adding notes like "I am not responsible for what other riders send you if you receive expired/replacements/nothing/etc"

I find this kind of unfair, as a conductor of a train, you're getting your part of the BP to do your job as a conductor and rectify those situations.
    I agree, I think the conductor shares responsibility. Perhaps riders should not be sealing coupons in envelopes so that the conductor can double check that the items are appropriate?

I don't usually ride trains anymore. The postage is such on an old fashioned train that I could usually take those stamps and get more for them in a direct trade anyway than what I get from the train. 4 stamps = ~$20 in wish list coupons generally. I like the concept of trains but they just don't seem practical, especially with the vagaries of Canada Post. The last train I rode on got derailed and I feel like all the coupons I put in just got wasted.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I agree to the whole train thing lately. I've been seeing a ton of coupons I already have coming in the envies - smartsource, redplum, save.ca etc etc. I would like to see more tearpad stuff... and enough with those canesten ones though, seriously.

Annika
    Trading Score
    130 (100%)

Has anyone had a problem with someone from North Bay Ontario. This person has been scamming people on other sites. She/he said they were a member of SC as well. I lost out on $100 in coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I rode my first and only train back in June. Will never do it again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Now that isn't right. Lately it seems like there's way too many conductors starting trains and not putting the time or effort into them. Sure, sometimes things come up/happy but overall I feel it's the conductors job to make sure people are happy with their envies. 1 or 2 coupons may get missed but a whole envie of crap items? Shouldn't ever happen!

Sorry you had that bad experience. My only advice is to check the conductors feedback comments when joining a train. If you see comments like "great conductor" or "awesome train" then odds are you'll have a good ride.
    The first and only train I ever rode turned me off trains for good. The conductor sent nothing but P&G insert coupons which I had plenty of already and then to add insult to injury they never gave me a trade rating. At least with trades you know what you are getting so no surprises.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123 View Post
    The first and only train I ever rode turned me off trains for good. The conductor sent nothing but P&G insert coupons which I had plenty of already and then to add insult to injury they never gave me a trade rating. At least with trades you know what you are getting so no surprises.
    Was that a VWT or a regular train?

I mainly host VWT's since I dont like regular trains myself. With VWT's you know you're going to get wishlist coupons so that's why I like them.

Personally I've only had 2-3 bad experiences on VWT's (I've been on over 50 at least) and I blame the conductors for not verifying coupons or following their own rules.

I'm usually pretty selective when joining a VWT. Not to sound judgemental but I only join trains with seasoned conductors who have a good track record/feedback comments.

I put a lot of effort into my VWT's including adding in coupons where needed so that A)no rider is unhappy with their envie and B)no one receives a neg rating on my train. If I notice a rider sending wrong coupons to a bunch of riders or as a habit (wrong coupons on a few trains), they are not allowed on any future trains. I'd like to think other conductors would do the same.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

When I had 8 trains that had each 2 envelopes go out, back in June, Canada Post decided to go on strike...and mess them up big time......delayed, in the postal system somewhere, for weeks, and then they took for ever to travel from one rider to another, and the cpns all were expiring end July....so that caused another issue!!
    A total mess, so much so that I wont do another train ever again.
    That fiasco combined with envelopes going missing, derailed trains, and one that never even arrived at its first ride.........nervous first time riders.....etc.
    Fortunately almost all the riders were patient and realised that envelopes were going super slow......or went missing. Some willing tried to help out by replacing the now expired cons with others they had......
    Having a rider chastise me constantly was irritating to say in the least..... as a conductor we should accept certain responsibility but when a fiasco like this happens we cannot be held responsible. If a train derails at a certain rider then it is very hard to blame them, if not sure if CP has lost the envelope, the last rider before them did not mail it etc!!!
    After all that I did end up sending a lot of hand picked coupons to the one person, from her wish list, that she would probably never have found on any train, as she had not receive one of the envelopes. This apparently was not sufficient to appease her either.........more chastizing.......it was quite ironic as I was in the middle of finalising a trade with her, and that was also why I sent the hand picked cpns, to do the trade......and still after all of that, I had an second envelope with over $100 in cpns she had asked for, but then was told that I was trying to force her to accept the offer I had given.....this was before I even had the opportunity to advise her which other cpns I had added to her envelope, .that sent red f l a g s and I immidately terminated the trade...... I dont force anyone to do anything regarding trains, trades or coupons!!

Now with the whole Kryikos fiasco, and my missing $25.00 gift certificate, I will probably not be trading on here for quite a while.......not worth it for me........
    Last edited by minouchefreedom; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/29636...6361680429066/
    Join Calgary Coupon Stacking Club Face Book page, for great info all about stacking your savings back into your pockets.

Thread Information