User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember telling my friend about the free Nestle diaper bag deal a few years ago. I ordered 1 and was very gratefull to recieve it and she ordered several for herself to all different addresses. I thought it was pathetic and she was taking advantage of the company to which she justified it by saying she would give them enough business over the years. I think alot of people must feel this way.......... but I think it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only order one. If it gets abused, that company may not offer freebies or ccoupons again.
    Money may also be a motivator for some to be greedy. There are people making a living selling freebies and coupons on ebay. I don't think it should be allowed.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton4doe View Post
    I remember telling my friend about the free Nestle diaper bag deal a few years ago. I ordered 1 and was very gratefull to recieve it and she ordered several for herself to all different addresses. I thought it was pathetic and she was taking advantage of the company to which she justified it by saying she would give them enough business over the years. I think alot of people must feel this way.......... but I think it's wrong.

I'm with you, that is probably why when I request something from a site they are all out!! I think 1 to a person is the limit

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    I only order one. If it gets abused, that company may not offer freebies or ccoupons again.
    Money may also be a motivator for some to be greedy. There are people making a living selling freebies and coupons on ebay. I don't think it should be allowed.

I've noticed this alot on ebay, alot of baby sample formula, Coupons(and they even charge extra to taking time to clip them) and people buy them lol. I feel that it was free to start with, so everyone has an equal opportunity to get the same samples,coupons. except in some cases, where FPC and savings coupons are offered in newspapers some people may not receive, in that case trading is a better choice for that, all people win. But making money off something free, that was unprofitable by the company who promoted it and charged you nothing.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

remember Scott paper towels coupon and the person who had like 90 packages...that's outrageous. I can't believe ppl will abuse coupons and hoard products like that.

Check out my coupon list, updated as of

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wrong topic...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I order for me and if I think it is something my mom would like I order for her.

I will then tell other people about the freebie and it is up to them to get it. For example, the baby ones, I have a friend with a new born, I tell her about the baby freebies, it is up to her to get them.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by POWERADE View Post
    I've noticed this alot on ebay, alot of baby sample formula, Coupons(and they even charge extra to taking time to clip them) and people buy them lol. I feel that it was free to start with, so everyone has an equal opportunity to get the same samples,coupons. except in some cases, where FPC and savings coupons are offered in newspapers some people may not receive, in that case trading is a better choice for that, all people win. But making money off something free, that was unprofitable by the company who promoted it and charged you nothing.
    see im not sure about that.

if someone is selling a coupon or two for $1.00... isnt that just the same as a trade for a coupon that is $1.00... or SDM points worth $1.00? Or Icoke Pins?

Im not sure about this because in my opinion, trading for GCs, SDM points, etc is pretty much $ value... so wouldnt it be practically the same thing?

I understand if someone has 90 coupons of the same thing (mentioned above), thats a little rediculous, but 1 or 2 coupons and sell them for a buck to someone instead of trading....doesnt really bug me ...

what if the person would like to trade, but doesnt collect sdm points, or aeroplan miles, or whatever the case may be?

i remember someone offered me money for a few FPC's I had... i wasnt really interested because i dont find that very fun (i enjoy trading)....but i guess thats all the person had.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    see im not sure about that.

if someone is selling a coupon or two for $1.00... isnt that just the same as a trade for a coupon that is $1.00... or SDM points worth $1.00? Or Icoke Pins?

Im not sure about this because in my opinion, trading for GCs, SDM points, etc is pretty much $ value... so wouldnt it be practically the same thing?

I understand if someone has 90 coupons of the same thing (mentioned above), thats a little rediculous, but 1 or 2 coupons and sell them for a buck to someone instead of trading....doesnt really bug me ...

what if the person would like to trade, but doesnt collect sdm points, or aeroplan miles, or whatever the case may be?

i remember someone offered me money for a few FPC's I had... i wasnt really interested because i dont find that very fun (i enjoy trading)....but i guess thats all the person had.

no i'm referring to the case where they have a WHOLE Large Set like someone mentioned there was 90 of one coupon that type of thing

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ohhh okay i completely agree then lol

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Looks like all the honest people are responding. I guess it could be tempting for someone to order more than allowed, but I've always been good that way. I think telling friends and family vs. doing it for them is a bit better since it's up to them to take the offer. But I don't think either of those are bad. Just the ones that get tons for themselves.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'll order for myself and for my Mom or sister if I know it's something they'd like. Anyone else, forget it, do your own work. Although it is frustrating to get e-mail from companies and in the time it takes you to read through the e-mail all the freebies have been claimed.

The formula giveaways still make me laugh, I ordered 1 for Nestle, Similac and Enfamil and I ended up with 9 cans of formula. I don't know what happened but there was a span of 2 months where I was getting 1 a week. I now have 4 identical diaper bags from Nestle.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I think ordering too many is wrong as well. Personally, I usually always order for myself (my own email), MIL (DH's email) and my own mother(her own email).

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

some people do take advantage and than others have nothing. there has to be a fine line between 5 and none no matter who you submit them for. if i have coupons i don't need i usually pass them along not trade. if the companies wanted to sell the products they would, they wouldn't give away. coupon trains are always better,build your karma.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes there are really good coupons on save.ca that i don't use myself, but I will get one and give it to someone in the store or I leave it by the product so that someone can use it.
    I had a really good coupon for regenerist last year and was able to give it to a woman who was buying it. It was a $10.00 coupon and she was thrilled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information