User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Thing is though the bodyshop coupons on ebay constitute fraud, esp if the body shop is not accepting them at many locations anymore...
    Actually any selling of coupons, even using the terms of time spent, is illegal.
    "Some words of warning on buying or selling coupons. The brands position is this is illegal. Take a look at the fine print on just about any grocery coupon you have. You’ll see language similar to this:
    “Void if altered, copied, sold, purchased, tranferred, exchanged…”
    If you choose to buy, beware of offers that “seem too good to be true”. They probably are. There are a surprisingly large number of coupon scam artists out there making up fake coupons.
    eBay has closed down the sale of grocery coupons (except for “collectables”) because of the fraud."

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

EG, I just found out about it and im pretty put out by it.

I dont know if its a long standing member of SC, or someone who just took the coupon, but selling 100 of them for profit on ebay isnt very fair, esp coming on here to post about it.

Whoever it is im just not very impressed.

So long story short I have no idea who it is so im just talking more in general, not signling out one specific person
    I agree
    Plus you would think a person who had just supposedly finished grad school would have more sense than to do something illegal and then boast about it and say they were going to come back to this freebie site and do it again.
    That takes a lot of gall.
    Last edited by cindylou4; Thu, Aug 28th, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ohhhh.... intrigue & suspense on the SC site! Who needs Peyton Place?

I haven't a clue about the 'ebay incident' but it sounds bad.

Over the years I have won a lot of things and sold a lot of the things I won, at grossly discounted rates. The majority I gave away. I would never sell to friends or family, only give.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm okay with selling freebies as long as its one that you get when you buy something else. I'm not okay with selling ones that are mailed to you as samples.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Trading is fine with me

I have gave free ones away to family members. Selling I wouldnt, and I would never pay for a coupon. But trading I see nothing wrong with that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never knew anyone would sell a freebie, or a coupon for that matter.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Selling coupons is not permitted, but if you read the fine print, neither is trading coupons. So technically speaking, coupon trades, raoks, and trains are really just as illegal as coupon selling. I think most of us walk a fine line in the coupon department, some just walk a little farther on the wrong side.

As far as selling freebies and wins, if they were obtained legally I don't see the problem. I would and have used them as gifts, which saves me money out of my pocket and amounts to the same result in my opinion. I also sold a stack of dw detergent that I got with bogo coupons because my dishwasher broke and i had no more use for it. The buyer was thrilled at the price, and I recouped my expenses so it was win win imo.

Just wanted to add, I do think it's wrong to sell a freebie that was expressly sent for the purpose of you trying a product - samples, bzzagent or pinecone items, etc. But things that you won, or got free through combining rebates, coupons, and sales, I don't think that's wrong.
    Last edited by Maple; Thu, Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dont want to get technical of how coupons can be transferred etc, I guess Im just more dissapointed then anything that whomever it is or they he/she felt the need to exploit Sc, at least thats how I feel and thats all Im going to say on the issue.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think its wrong to sell freebies if you order it and cant use it well you shouldnt be asking for it...

contest wins are different sometimes you win a runner up prize that you have no use for then i think its ok to sell it

but coupons is pretty bad trading is the better way to go if you find out you dont really have a need for it

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think ebaying for say the body shop coupon is absolutely disgusting and the people doing it have no respect, no matter there reasoning.

With that being said, if someone spends a lot of time clipping coupons and offers them online very cheap I dont have a problem with it.

I dont think its fair to ''scam'' the system and get tons of good fpc's then try to make a profit at him.

I am pretty upset by the stealing of the body shop coupon for monetary gain on ebay, Im sure once Boo is informed of this that person will not be welcome back to our board, ever again.

Someone should buy one and leave her a neg stating its a fraudulent coupon to warn other buyers, hehe sellers cant leave neg anymore so she cant,but at least it would warn people. Heck ill even pp you the 1.00 to do it....
    Ok that was my evilness for the night.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think you should sell freebies, putting them in a gift basket is OK I do that all the time.

I received a really good freebie once and found out I could use it. Not being a techie tyoe person I thought an Ipod and MP3 where the same thing. They are not, they don't even look the same, so when I received the free Ipod recharger thing I gave it to a co-worker that had an Ipod.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Giving freebies to others isn't a big deal IMO. I have several that are going to be stocking stuffers for Christmas this year. My main problem with selling freebies is that the people who do it usually aren't just selling one, they've ordered a whole whack of them for the purpose of selling them (Fusion razors and Herbal Essences hair dye come to mind).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i use all the freebies i sign up for. not all at once of course , but when needed. i will use them all eventually as a don't sign up for samples i won't/don't use.

as for selling samples/freebies...that makes me sad
    $700 US and counting....
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ergo2

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

me too

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It makes happy bunny sad in pants

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information