User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The intention of a freebie is for a company to introduce something new to the public to sample and try.
    It is horrible that people are trying to profit from this. Plain greed in my eyes.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

one of these days someone will be caught and charged. these companies don't take matters of this nature lightly, they will lawyer up. i wouldn't want to be the one that is made example of. nasty business. maybe this needs to happen.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

there are alot of things other than selling freebies that many boards have..

like, for example, getting magazines, for free, by switching your address after you subscribe (or something to that effect, i didnt really understand nor did i want to. we get enough free magazines like glow, rouge, etc lol)

on another site i had seen "fresh or freeing" which i think its pretty bold to do.... its taking advantage of a gaurantee set out by a company...

I dont know. there are lots of crazy things that i have seen in my journeys. selling a freebie is a very small part of the things that may be "wrong" to do !

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wow the things some people do to get something free is crazy...I mean I love free stuff and discounts too but I wouldn't go to extreme's to get something free.

Maybe this is why there haven't been any really good freebies lately, the only great one so far this year has been the P&G one I believe, my mailbox is completely empty most days now compared to last year and the couple years before when I first started filling stuff out for freebies.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I guess it's no different than getting so many gillette fusion razor coupons, or FPC for a certain product, going and buying the product (because it ends up being free to you), then selling them online to make money!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Giving freebies to others isn't a big deal IMO. I have several that are going to be stocking stuffers for Christmas this year. My main problem with selling freebies is that the people who do it usually aren't just selling one, they've ordered a whole whack of them for the purpose of selling them (Fusion razors and Herbal Essences hair dye come to mind).
    Or scrubbing bubbles or pledge come to mind too
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

this is sad news indeed. charging for something that is free, and what really bugs me is when it's one per household and they get more than they should.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Speaking of selling freebies, I was looking on my local Kijiji site yesterday at the baby things and someone had "Brand New Never Used Diaper Bag---5$" It was the free similac diaper bag, that you sign up for and it get sent out to you. It really bugged me so I e-mailed them asking them why they were selling an item they had gotten for free? Why not give it away? Bla some people!! And about the FPC and people selling them, I came across a blog of someone who is doing that, and I mean getting TONS of the FPCs and making a profit off of it and blogging about it?? Doesn't make sence to me!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley01 View Post
    Speaking of selling freebies, I was looking on my local Kijiji site yesterday at the baby things and someone had "Brand New Never Used Diaper Bag---5$" It was the free similac diaper bag, that you sign up for and it get sent out to you. It really bugged me so I e-mailed them asking them why they were selling an item they had gotten for free? Why not give it away? Bla some people!! And about the FPC and people selling them, I came across a blog of someone who is doing that, and I mean getting TONS of the FPCs and making a profit off of it and blogging about it?? Doesn't make sence to me!!

ya i've seen that blog too it's unreal! I can understand MAYBE if you're going to use them all yourself, but to then turn around and sell something you got for free. Pretty low!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    ya i've seen that blog too it's unreal! I can understand MAYBE if you're going to use them all yourself, but to then turn around and sell something you got for free. Pretty low!
    Yup it kinda bugged me and then to brag about it, and show everyone and even talk about selling them and making a profit?? Low low low!! And people wonder why companys aren't giving out coupons and samples as much anymore, and why some people can't get the one coupon/sample they requested!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

what peeved me about the bragging was, at the time I couldn't find that smartsource magazine for the life of me ANYWHERE in this town. Then I go on that blog to find someone has gone through (recycling bins) and gotten 13 or whatever I was so mad!!! But that's life, . All the best to them on the money they make off it. Wouldn't count it as an income though, because if people continue to do stuff like that companies will just stop giving out FPC!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

It makes me wonder what a company would do if they read the blog and seen what this person was doing?? It says right in it that they made money off of the free razers by selling them online!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Who knows, I'm sure companies would be a little bit leary about sending out coupons. But there's not much we can do about it. All the best to them. If that's how they operate (anyone who sells freebies, samples, or gets a FPC and then sells the product), what a shady life to live. It sickens me more that people will trade for coupons on a trading list and then buy the product (with the coupon they traded for) to sell it (meanwhile there's other people out there who could've actually used the product who never got a chance to get the goodie!)...while people are going about trying to do the right thing and trade coupons (instead of selling them), people STILL find a way to ruin it!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley01 View Post
    I feel sorry for whoever paid 5$ for it, the zippers on it are crap.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

just curious, what is this blog?

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information