User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes Vibrantflame you were very honest in your post. Good luck

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hmm what irritates me...I cant afford to work after daycare costs yet we make too much money to get any help - we are the working poor.
    I agree that child tax benefit should be the same across the board, just because my spouse works shouldnt mean my children deserve less than some recieving govt funding monthly. This is a subject I could rant on and on about.
    Long Live the Frogs!
    One busy Frog hoppin' along.....

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by froggiestyle View Post
    hmm what irritates me...I cant afford to work after daycare costs yet we make too much money to get any help - we are the working poor.
    I agree that child tax benefit should be the same across the board, just because my spouse works shouldnt mean my children deserve less than some recieving govt funding monthly. This is a subject I could rant on and on about.
    I agree completly, but some people see their children as "meal tickets". If it were the same across the board people who don't deserve to have children would keep pumping them out for the cash they recieve. It's really sick.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    I agree completly, but some people see their children as "meal tickets". If it were the same across the board people who don't deserve to have children would keep pumping them out for the cash they recieve. It's really sick.

Sad, but so true

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thats a reality I see alot...take a walk in the shopping malls, open your eyes wide- theres tons of em. Limiting the board does not discourage people from "pumping" them out for money.
    Long Live the Frogs!
    One busy Frog hoppin' along.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

True enough, but they are crazy to think $150-200 per child a month can keep a child, and is worth the stress, etc to have a dozen Sadly i red online in newfoundland they introduced something called 'baby bucks of $1,000' to encourage people to have kids in hopes it would expand their low population and decrease in birth rates. so my question is will $1,000 pay for 18 years of keeping them, and worries lol.
    Video

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Just 1000$? Not per year, or per month? Just a lump sum? Maybe if I was concidering having a child already, but I can see bad things comming of this....
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I DO NOT believe in welfare. I believe in workfare. It's where you get a job, say part time at McDonalds, w/e, doesn't matter. A McDonalds job can't support 4 children and a house and everything. So the government helps out. that's the way it should be EVERYWHERE!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just 1000$? Not per year, or per month? Just a lump sum? Maybe if I was concidering having a child already, but I can see bad things comming of this....

I bet they will notice their birth rate increased more than the norm. the $1,000 is a one time pay off, plus their regular monthly CTB. I can defiantly see people going for this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It's really going to get to the point where everyone will have to produce reciepts for everything they spend their money on. I wouldn't like the idea personally, who are they to judge what I spend my money on? I mean, they could say "You spent 15 dollars at McDonalds, you could have bought milk and bread with that instead. Benifits revoked." I don't think that would happen for a long time, but still, government takes all sorts or weird/stupid actions. It's just a theory.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I live in a town in newfoundland, half of the ppl here are on welfare and all they do with there money is drink and do drugs there are a few ppl that are actually honest and are trying to get off and make it good for them and there children, but for the most part its ppl with drug problems having kids for money..... and since the 1000$ has been introduced everyones been getting pregnant, the 1000$ is for all families not just low income families... I just had a baby and I will be recieving it.. but I still dont think it is a good idea, more money for ppl to buy drugs and alcohol with.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

its actually 1000$ in one lump sum and an extra 100$ dollars every month until the child is 12 months old, on top of your child benefit.... so 2200$ to have a child in newfoundland.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    I DO NOT believe in welfare. I believe in workfare. It's where you get a job, say part time at McDonalds, w/e, doesn't matter. A McDonalds job can't support 4 children and a house and everything. So the government helps out. that's the way it should be EVERYWHERE!
    I agree with the workfare thing, except it has to be fixed right now. People on income assistance who do work, should get some sort of sliding amount, so if they work more, they can earn a bit more. We have a worker on this, and he calls in sick more often than he comes to work. I know he is not having health issues, he just hasn't made any attempt to arrange for an emergency childcare provider, so every time his kid has a runny nose, he takes the day off. He has no reason to try and come to work, because at the end of the month, any money he didn't earn will be forked over by the govt. I bet he'd show up more if working more meant having a bit more money in his pocket, even if it's something like getting half of his additional income not count against his benefits, so he's guaranteed a BARE minimum to live, and anything he works extra for he can make things a little better for himself. Heck I don't even mind if that means he gets a little bit more money, as then the company wouldn't always have lost income due to being understaffed.
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information