User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm turning this thread into the official beauty box thread - the place to discuss all of the beauty boxes available in Canada.

Glymm - www.glymm.com - $10/month
    GlossyBox - www.glossybox.ca - $21/month (Use code GLOSSY8 to save 10% on first box)
    Julep (Nail polish) - www.julep.com - $20/month
    Luxe Box - www.loosebutton.com - $24/quarterly
    Top Box - www.topbox.ca - $12/month + waitlist
    Ipsy - www.ipsy.com - $14.95/month
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by deethomson; Fri, Nov 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank gonna have to check it out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Going to look .

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deethomson View Post
    So I recently heard about GlossyBox - it's been around in a few countries (originated in the UK I believe) for a while now and has finally launched in Canada. It's a couple dollars more expensive ($15 a month), but I decided to give a box a try to see how it compares to Glymm and the other boxes since you can cancel anytime, and it sounds good based on the reviews I've read of boxes from other countries. They started selling them today (first box to ship at the beginning of February and I'm sure they'll sell out quickly. If you're interested in giving it a try, you can sign up on www.glossybox.ca (or please consider using my referral link in my signature ).
    I have never tried Glymm or Glossybox but I am interested in the idea of these

What kind of samples have you received with Glymm?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

How big are the samples? I dont want to pay 15 for some crappy samples that aren't worth it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've heard that the glymm and luxebox contain a lot of anti aging samples. I haven't joined because of that.

I wonder what brands come in this one.

I've heard topbox is pretty good, but they are backlogged for months.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    I've heard that the glymm and luxebox contain a lot of anti aging samples. I haven't joined because of that.

I wonder what brands come in this one.

I've heard topbox is pretty good, but they are backlogged for months.

yes luxebox is a lot of anti aging products that's mainly why I don't subscribe to anything but the Julep polish box. At least I can use everything in a polish box.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lessthannat View Post
    I have never tried Glymm or Glossybox but I am interested in the idea of these

What kind of samples have you received with Glymm?
    Glymm and Julep are the only boxes I subcribe to right now (GlossyBox now too, but won't see that until February)... I like Glymm, I've been pretty happy with what I've gotten so far... Usually samples are pretty good size, and I've always gotten at least one full size product in every box (lip glosses, nail polishes, etc.) - I posted my December box on my blog, if you want totake a look you can see it here: http://linerglittergloss.com/2011/12...011-glymm-box/

Like matrix82 said, TopBox is backlogged... I think right now you can order for May. That's the other box I'd really like to try, but I'm just going to have to wait for that one. There's also LuxeBox, but I've been reading reviews of the boxes for a littler while and it sounds like people aren't super satisfied with what they've been receiving.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ack! I needed to find this forum in December. JUST signed up for the Luxe box before Christmas. Waiting for my first one to arrive this month. I will let you know what is in it when it arrives.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I really like the idea of these boxes. I have received two luxe boxes so far and one Glymm, I got the 1 cent Julep box as well - but couldn't see myself wanting nail polish every month. I liked them all - but haven't decided if they are fully worth it. At least not sure about receiving two or three a month. Tempted to try this one anyway though... going to go on the hunt for some reviews.

Here are some of my reviews if anyone is interested.
    December Glymm Box
    December Luxe Box
    November Luxe Box
    Last edited by sotypical; Thu, Jan 19th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm giving Glymm one more month and unless there is a huge improvement we're parting company. My first box had one damaged product and the lip gloss had been opened as the safety seal was torn apart.

Customer service was abysmal. Really hard to get an answer to the emails and the phone line is busy, busy.

The samples have been good sized but January just didn't blow me away. Black eyeliner??? Really, who doesn't have one.

Some of the facebook posters have been prety vocal about the lack of customer service.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    I'm giving Glymm one more month and unless there is a huge improvement we're parting company. My first box had one damaged product and the lip gloss had been opened as the safety seal was torn apart.

Customer service was abysmal. Really hard to get an answer to the emails and the phone line is busy, busy.

The samples have been good sized but January just didn't blow me away. Black eyeliner??? Really, who doesn't have one.

Some of the facebook posters have been prety vocal about the lack of customer service.
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the January box... Nothing really blew me away. I've been happy with the other months so far and haven't had any problems with products yet luckily, so I haven't had to deal with customer service.

I didn't get the brow gel in my box and instead received 2 of the eyeliners - both in a pale brown/tan colour that I probably won't use.. I wish I'd received the eyeliner in black... I love that eyeliner, have been using it for a while and am almost out.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would of loved a black eyeliner, what the heck do a pale brown? bah.

Also not impressed about their free lip gloss thing, couldn't get the website to work and now they are out. I love the points system but they are pretty disappointing this month. Hope Luxe Box is better.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    I would of loved a black eyeliner, what the heck do a pale brown? bah.

Also not impressed about their free lip gloss thing, couldn't get the website to work and now they are out. I love the points system but they are pretty disappointing this month. Hope Luxe Box is better.
    Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that - I missed out too.. But good news if you wanted to get it, they just posted on FB that they got more of the lip gloss in - codes expires Jan 31st or while supplies last, so if you want to get it I'm going to say do it soon... I'm ordering mine tonight, don't want to miss out again!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deethomson View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that - I missed out too.. But good news if you wanted to get it, they just posted on FB that they got more of the lip gloss in - codes expires Jan 31st or while supplies last, so if you want to get it I'm going to say do it soon... I'm ordering mine tonight, don't want to miss out again!
    Saw that and I ordered right away.
    Looking forwarding to trying it!

Their website still doesn't work very well, but at least my order went through this time.
    Last edited by sotypical; Wed, Jan 25th, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
    my blog - imonglue.com

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information